PHL local news and customer satisfaction

pitguy

Veteran
Aug 21, 2002
www.usaviation.com
USAirBoyA330
stated above: Can someone post Daves email address again? The Hub's Corp. Directory is broken as usual.
Thanks

It is probably a computer glitch. Haha! That is what they told the mechanics when they discovered via the computers at work that Tampa was shutting down. Besides I tend to believe he may not care what any of us commoners think.

Here ya go... [email protected]

I hope you let him have it with both barrels..and then reload and fire again.

Channel 6 local news in PHL just had a report about holiday travel, they interviewed a few pax who were happy and then: The US Airways pax who''s E ticket did not work and by the time they fixed it his plane was gone. His statement?, there are no agents here they need more (or words to that effect) He was not happy. Dave''s solution? more layoffs, less customer service, and a completely demoralized workforce.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/27/2002 5:08:46 PM fr8tmastr wrote:

Channel 6 local news in PHL just had a report about holiday travel, they interviewed a few pax who were happy and then: The US Airways pax who's E ticket did not work and by the time they fixed it his plane was gone. His statement?, "there are no agents here they need more" (or words to that effect) He was not happy. "Dave's" solution? more layoffs, less customer service, and a completely demoralized workforce.
----------------
[/blockquote]
You mean this Stupid Customer didn't get a warm and fuzzy treatment from our Kiosk?.

Pardon the sarcasim...I just hate that technology is being substituted for what people should be doing!!

Face it..If E-tickets have a glitch..or the Pax have an issue or concern with the Kiosk?...Somebody had better be johnny on the spot to correct this issue...otherwise they will be finding an airline that has people to serve them , and rightfully so too!

Seriously, how can customers trust US Airways. How do they know that Sunday morning (just an example here) US Airways won't shut everything down - like they did in TPA Base? The only time any smart person should use US Airways right now is to burn their DM account down to nothing.

Actually, all the E-ticket kiosks I've seen have had an agent or two roaming between them to assist. Figure about 2 agents for 10+ kiosks. Then a few more agents staffing the counter positions for paper tix and baggage check-in. It was pretty efficient at LAX Wed morning around 9am.

That angry passenger (who's flight left while he seeked resolution to his kiosk problem) obviously wasn't at the airport within a decent time frame - especially on Thanksgiving Wednesday.

I'm not anti-jobs at all, and it's a shame if people are losing them in such large numbers (as opposed to attrition or re-deployment), but I'm very pro-technology. The kiosks will continue to mature, and people will get used to them. I refer you to two revolutions over the past decade or two:
1.) bank ATMs
2.) automated toll collection(EZPass, etc.)

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/27/2002 7:40:19 PM N513AU wrote:

Seriously, how can customers trust US Airways. How do they know that Sunday morning (just an example here) US Airways won't shut everything down - like they did in TPA Base? The only time any smart person should use US Airways right now is to burn their DM account down to nothing.
----------------
[/blockquote]

For the first time ever, I, as a pax, am nervous about just this type of thing.

Next month is a relatively light one for me on US--I (currently) only have one transcon (PIT-SFO-PIT) scheduled. But, I've got PIT-LGW-PIT scheduled for late Dec, return in Jan. I'm wondering if I'm going to get stranded ........

It sucks, quite honestly. However, I don't think it will happen until after the turn of the year, and I'll tell you why--I'm betting that asking for the extension to file the Plan of Reorganization was asked for so that extra concessions could be extracted either by negotiation or by the judge.

I'm considering moving my post-Jan bookings to OAs. Which sucks, because given the choice, I'd rather fly US.

If I was considering booking a flight I'd steer away from U...not only because of the liquidation threat but also I think the industry leading consumer stats of late are headed south once Dave gets the judge to start throwing out the contracts. You're not exactly going to see a lot of enthusiasm around here.