PHL Maintenance

TPAA&P

Sep 11, 2005
I would like to know how is it working in PHL ?? and What kind of lines can you bid ??, I mean like, if there is any hangar lines, or international lines, and how easy are to get those ??(talking about midnight shift of course), plus How easy is to get training in the different types of airplanes we have, you know... all that good stuff please, I'm thinking to go to PHL that's why I wanna know all this, thanks in advance for anybody that wants to share this information.

I quit there back in August but as of when I left there was only 3rd shift....no way to bid different areas (int'l, hangar or line)on 3rd shift. The only way to get into the hangar was to suck a$$ and the only way to work int'ls (330/67) is to be 330/67 qualified. The 330's are (mostly) only worked in the hangar on 3rd shift.

I dont know if you have company time as a mechanic or not, but if you dont and you will be a new hire I dont recomend it. The pay sucks and so does 3rd shift!

Now....How easy is to get training to be 757/767, 330 qualified ??

I worked there a long time ago and nothing has changed there. If you have your tickets go there because there are alot of commuters and now is a good time to jump in cause the tide is turning. They will leave in the next few years. Get in now brother this chance may not happen for a long long time. Good luck

Now....How easy is to get training to be 757/767, 330 qualified ??

Talked to some of the guys in Phl, and was told it will not be to hard to get training if desired although it may be a few months.. Right now the majority of the instructors are doing MIT training. Once that is finished I'm sure the classes will be started up again. The only other classes going on are the 190 and maybe a 330 initial.

As for senority, that has little to do with it in Phl. Seems like it is scheduled by what days off/ shift you can hold and needs of service. Hearing stories of guys being forced to school with little or no choice. Many do not wish to be locked in as is the case with the 330, the 190, who knows???

I work at DCA and just came back from CLT getting the famous MIT training, but anyways, Yeah... I am just interested to get some experience with the big airplanes like the 757/767 or 330 so I want to know what kind of opportunity can I have getting trained in this type of A/C IF I transfer to PHL, that's all....

I'm pretty sure I'll get the 190 training very soon...by the way thanks for your replies...

TPA,
Let me give you some advice. If you are young say less than 45 or have low seniority. GET OUT OF THIS BUSINESS WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!!!! Aviation is dead as far as a career and its going to get worse. The End

TPA,
Let me give you some advice. If you are young say less than 45 or have low seniority. GET OUT OF THIS BUSINESS WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!!!! Aviation is dead as far as a career and its going to get worse. The End

haha I've heard that before, but unfortunely I like aviation and I don't care ....anyways, Is anybody out there that can share some information please ?