Phl Staffing

hack73

Advanced
Jan 17, 2003
I would not fly through PHl this weekend.There are about 50 guys retiring at the end of the year on the ramp,plus with the joke of an offer that's going to be presented to the rank and file,there should be alot of employees spending Christmas at home instead of on the ramp.Plus on a normal operational day,they are about 40 agents short.Thanks for the great staffing Al Crellin.

Im sure Mr. Crellin will be spending a nice long 3day Christmas week end at home with the family. Probably anticipating his long awaited management performance bonus... <_<

well al the crellin, what the he!! you going to do cant get anyone hired for 7.17 starting and expect themt o put up with the garbage of load/unload and in the worse of all worse weather??? i guess you will do nothing but sit at home or take a long two week vacation and enjoy your crappy 6 figure dough while the rest of us suffer. usair will get what they ask for--not enough ramp equals no on time for every single flt!

At the risk of slight topic drift, does anyone know what happened to the PHL outbound/xfer baggage system yesterday? All I know is that there were a bunch of delays (and, probably, PAWOBS) due to some sort of failure. Wasn't the aiport going to fix the system.

If it hasn't, what gives? (Maybe the company can renegotiate the lease with the aiport and require some sort of monetary penalty every time the system causes one of these
"charlie foxtrots". I read someplace that the average PAWOB costs an airline USD 100.00; pehaps the city of brotherly love can help pay. They can use the USD 4.50 PFC fee they collect to help pay for it.)

Part of Phl staffing is the Eagles. When they play a huge percentage calls off. In DCA they are about 40 agents short on the ramp and by the Feb schedule will be close to80 short just outside. CCY still doesn't get it. No one is going to take these jobs for what they are offering vs what the people have to put up with. On Fri and Sun, DCA is so short staffed it is not unusual for planes to wait an hour just to get unloaded.., The baggage delivery charges alone would pay the salary of 6 -10 FT agents.

crusher said:
Part of Phl staffing is the Eagles. When they play a huge percentage calls off.
[post="230333"][/post]​

You're right. Everyone knows that Philly runs great Feb.-Sept.........NOT!
Get a new excuse!
Over 60% of the ramp is displaced from out of town and could care less about the Eagles.

I suppose DCA's short staffing is Philly's fault too.

If it's not true why has Phl had to pull catering agents to work the ramp just about every Sunday since football season began? The PHL/Eagles connection has been around for years and evryone knows it. Yes there are many displaced in PHL , but this a a local issue. Like Charles Barkley once said about PHL " Stupid City, Stupid People"

wait till everyone leaves on EO and those slots are filled with agents at step one of the pay scale, I'm sure it will attract quality people.

crusher said:
If it's not true why has Phl had to pull catering agents to work the ramp just about every Sunday since football season began? The PHL/Eagles connection has been around for years and evryone knows it. Yes there are many displaced in PHL , but this a a local issue. Like Charles Barkley once said about PHL " Stupid City, Stupid People"
[post="230404"][/post]​

The reason they pulled the catering agents to work the ramp only during football season is because they never thought of it earlier. It has only been going on a short time, perhaps three or four weeks. Prior to that, there were many cargo delays due to personnel shortages, and the customers were waiting hours for their local PHL bags.

Like it's only going on in PHL? You only here about PHL because it's a hub. It's going on everywhere. Good luck to you guys, but ya'll aren't alone. We're right there with you. It sucks everywhere. :down:

Back