Piedmont/ALG skipping to PSA!

Funny this topic just came about.

From PDT management:

1. US Airways/Alaska Airlines merger talks continuing.

2. PSA/PDT/Horizon merger talks beginning.

In the next two weeks the EMB-190 order announcement, the ATA 757 announcement, and PSA/PDT merger announcement.

I'm only telling you all what I heard, and nothing is ever to be believed until after it happens. But, is it not interesting?

Well actually the props are gone, and were slated to go one way or the other.

As to Dorkprop. Uhmmm....you see, the reason US didn't have gobs and gobs of SJ's running around is because they were all parked in the desert...you see...f28's and Bae146's I believe, and some of which they were still paying the leases on right up to 99/2000 or later. In addition there was payscales for that size airplane in the mainline contract. It was even offered to put the new RJ's on the mainline side. Wanna know why they didn't come......because the regional guys will do it for 20k. Management didn't want to provide a liveable wage for these airplanes. Hence, part of the deal for sourcing out the jets was, they would provide jobs for those pilots furloughed. Instead of sourcing out hundreds of jets to replace us, they had to get a deal to offer us interim positions, or the planes couldn't goto that carrier.
Sorry that mainline stunted your career expectations by trying to protect as many good paying positions, by keepin as much flying in house as possible.

Interesting, info on the merger stuff. Was this word of mouth, or ???

Why doesn't someone formulate a intelligently worded question to parker regarding combing psa/pdt, and rolled into mainline and see if it's answered. (on the sticker topic at top of forum) There has been talk that middle management doesn't believe that PSA/PDT are part of US group. As they don't understand the situation. I also believe a few years ago, Parker was on record regarding how he wanted to move away from contract feed, or RJ feed in general. The thought that it's more efficient to run three complete certificates and the back office costs associated with that is mind boggling. At the same time, we wouldn't want the WO's to be cut off, and ALL the small flying sourced out. If there could be some sort of deal, whereas there was an agreed upon C scale for the time being, to get it all under one roof would be worth it to do such.
Jim, where's your magic wand???/

From PDT management:

In the next two weeks the EMB-190 order announcement, the ATA 757 announcement, and PSA/PDT merger announcement.

I'm only telling you all what I heard, and nothing is ever to be believed until after it happens. But, is it not interesting?

1. Uh-oh, another tri-merger? Another pair of hubs too close together? Another weight on the Barbell? No fleet commonality? Route.fleet wise, part or all of NW or UA makes more sense.

2. Horizon could be a likely buyer because they have Dashes and have started Frontier flying as well as Alaska. Piedmont/PSA would be a good start towards keeping the flying in on place... One wholly-owned, there should be simple flow through and flow back negotiated, one seniority list for pilots and FAs. It would be a good start. There also runours of Airwiscy buying the two, making US Group some cash, and AW using its leverage to become the exclusive express operator.

EMB190s. Get rid of repugnent and fly all of these at mainline. You cant have a 737-300 contracted express and 737-400 mainline... those kids were happy to take mainline jobs and they'll do it again.

Doug, bring sown the walls! Piedmont and PSA employees are US Airways employees, bring them and the aircraft fully in house! Stop paying outside companies money to fly for US that they use to support the competition! ONE COMPANY... sounds like a true LCC.

If I could somehow wave a magic wand and make it so, it would have happened a long time ago, along with the disappearance of the contract operators. One airline, one seniority list.

However, as someone mentioned earlier, the answer to your question is one word - management.

As far as I know, since the beginning of the "RJ" era only three airlines have even come as close as having most/all their jet express feed wholly owned - AMR, DAL, & CAL. Of course, DAL sold off a good chunk of theirs recently and CAL spun off theirs a while back (keeping a large interest). That leaves AMR as the only airline that I know of that owns the vast majority of its feed.

Jim

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Correctomundo" Jim.

"ANOTHER" (uncle) BOBBY CRANDALL Stroke of GENIUS !!!!

(I would have thought He'd sell A/E BEFORE SABRE)
(Just goes to show, how much I DON'T know)

NH/BB's

Ya know, one can't credit that for AMR's performance - all their cost cutting and streamlining contributed the vast majority. Aviation Week reported an analysis that shows they are the closest to breakeven of the network carriers.

But it does make one wonder if not providing someone else a profit to carry your passengers doesn't have some effect.

Jim

Jim,
It was'nt so long ago that AA looked HARD at selling A/E.

But in the end, they opted NOT to. NO surprise, AA loves to be in CONTROL of everything they do.

Curious.
What Kind of "wheels" are you "soaring" around in , these days ?

Good luck on the INTL. expansion !!!!!!!!!

NH/BB's

Special MEC Hotline Alert - February 9, 2006
To: All AWA Pilots

According to news reports, US Airway's management tonight announced the
purchase of 57 firm EMBRAER 190 aircraft, with options for 50 additional
170/190 type aircraft. In the press release, the US Airways Chairman and CEO
Doug Parker stated: "We are excited to bring the superior comfort and
advanced efficiency of the EMBRAER 190 into our fleet, and we are
particularly pleased that these airplanes will be flown with US Airways
mainline pilots and flight attendants."

The AWA MEC is planning to discuss the allocation of new flying for both the
additional B757 and EMBRAER 190 aircraft that are considered additional
aircraft (i.e. not covered by the fleet plans in the attachments of the
Transition Agreement) with the AAA MEC and ALPA Legal early next week. We
should have additional details once we get a handle on all these issues with
all the parties involved. You can find pay rates for the E190 aircraft in
Attachment D of the Transition Agreement.

The JNC was in negotiations in PHX this week dealing mostly with Sections 10
and 11. The AWA JNC members will brief the entire MEC on the progress made
tomorrow.

Be careful out there,

JR

I think what I smell is, there prob. won't be a combined sen. list nor contract by november. Looking at the capt. rates, they want a piece of that for their Jr. f/o's to upgrade into. Along with some US f/o's upgrading to the left seat for a pay increase, and well......the recalls that these birds would hopefully result in, would result in the f/o slots going to the furloughed I guess....

With a topped out f/o on the NB's, being 91/85 at the respective carrier. Left seat on the 190 would be a pay raise for most.

From PDT management:

Horizon sure does like those Q400s. 18 in service, 12 on order, and buying 2 previous owned. If Piedmont's not careful, Horizon could become the largest operate of Dash-8's.

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/060209/20060209005618.html?.v=1

These lucky F/O's who flew a Dash 8, now get to beat existing PSA First Officers to a CA slot at PSA, AND get slotted bidding for quality of life. You can be the reception won't be pleasant when they arrive on the property.

You know, I have been quiet for sometime on here, but someting like this makes me want to break silence and speak up.

First off sport, everyone at PSA had the same opportunity to bid for E-170 F/O positions as did the pilots you are talking about. If you did not, then you either made your choice and have to live with it, or were too junior to have had the chance... Again, something you will just have to live with tiger.

In fact, in terms of senority, I am willing to bet those pilots you are complainng about are senior to those they are supposedly displacing. If memory serves, most have about 5 years in now, how about your guys...?

How mny years in do the PSA F/O's have that will have to wait...? Yeah, I thought so.

As for the rest of your rant, It sickens me to hear your people complain about a deal that replaced your entire 328 fleet with a larger number of jet aircraft, of far larger size, and with far better pay...

Boo freakin hoo. You poor downtrodden PSA pilots. What a horrible situation you have had to endure. :rolleyes:

OMG, new jets, more jobs, oh geeze... How horrible...!

Your pilots at PSA have had to "give up" hardly anything to get what you have out of the JFJ deal. The numbers of APL pilots that came over has been nowhere near 50% of the positions. Your pilot group has instead grown in size (even excluding the JFJ pilots) and everyone one at PSA has profitted from it as a result.

So grow up. backfill is backfill, it is just a part of the deal the has been a windfall for your pilots so far.

About US Feb. 10, 2006

"For the first time since September 11, US Airways will recall furloughed pilots. We currently expect to recall approximately 55 pilots as result of three newly acquired B757 aircraft. Additionally, 70 furloughed flight attendants will be attending upcoming ‘new hire’
training classes in Phoenix."

I guess that is two of the rumor announcements already confirmed. One more to go.

I think what I smell is, there prob. won't be a combined sen. list nor contract by november. Looking at the capt. rates, they want a piece of that for their Jr. f/o's to upgrade into. Along with some US f/o's upgrading to the left seat for a pay increase, and well......the recalls that these birds would hopefully result in, would result in the f/o slots going to the furloughed I guess....

With a topped out f/o on the NB's, being 91/85 at the respective carrier. Left seat on the 190 would be a pay raise for most.

Well, it is a no brainer that the E-190's will be placed upon on the AAA certificate, as it already holds full approval for the type (the FAA has allowed the company to retain such even if the E-170's are all moved over to Republic before the 190 arrives on site).

The 757's seem to be better positioned for Airways East as well.

That being the case, it is difficult to figure how the HP pilots could bid into these aircraft before the merger is completed. Hopefully in the meantime these aircraft will allow the recall of a substantial number of the AAA pilots + F/A's. Although I understand the AWA pilots desire to upgrade or hold a line, IMO recalling pilots and Flight Attendants is a more important and worthwhile goal.

Jobs first, promotion second.