Piedmont/PSA flow-through

a320av8r

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
An internal prep session was held this week for a flow-through (up and back) agreement with US Airways’ wholly-owned regional carriers. Present at the meeting were representatives of the US Airways, AWA, Piedmont and PSA MECs, senior ALPA staff, and ALPA National Officers. A framework proposal was developed that will provide job opportunities for pilots at Piedmont and PSA to fly for US Airways mainline, as well as job opportunities for US Airways mainline pilots at Piedmont and PSA in the event of a furlough.

Negotiating dates with management will be announced shortly.

MEC Chairman Captain Jack Stephan and Vice Chairman Captain Kim Snider were in PHX this week to speak to US Airways new hire pilots who are currently in Basic Indoctrination Class at the training center in PHX.

Hopefully we'll have the PDT/PSA guys on board very soon :up: . I, for one, am looking forward to flying with you guys!

An internal prep session was held this week for a flow-through (up and back) agreement with US Airways’ wholly-owned regional carriers. Present at the meeting were representatives of the US Airways, AWA, Piedmont and PSA MECs, senior ALPA staff, and ALPA National Officers. A framework proposal was developed that will provide job opportunities for pilots at Piedmont and PSA to fly for US Airways mainline, as well as job opportunities for US Airways mainline pilots at Piedmont and PSA in the event of a furlough.

Negotiating dates with management will be announced shortly.

MEC Chairman Captain Jack Stephan and Vice Chairman Captain Kim Snider were in PHX this week to speak to US Airways new hire pilots who are currently in Basic Indoctrination Class at the training center in PHX.

Hopefully we'll have the PDT/PSA guys on board very soon :up: . I, for one, am looking forward to flying with you guys!

I'll bet that really impressed them.

Any idea what the qualifications of the new hires were?

Doesn't matter. first year pay is all the same. They'll be on something else by the time probation is up.

Glad you guys could find such negativity in a positive. You'll phit into Philly just phine.

Doesn't matter. first year pay is all the same. They'll be on something else by the time probation is up.

Glad you guys could find such negativity in a positive. You'll phit into Philly just phine.

Who said flying for 190 FO wages was a negative?

I think I heard about this about 20 years ago, when I first started here.

We've been screwed over by the "it's all about me bunch," way too many times. I'll believe it when I see it.

The recent fiasco with AWA is an excellent demonstration of what the WO's have endured forever!

Someone said, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend." Friends at AWA, good luck dealing with these folks, you have my unending support! :up:

We've been screwed over by the "it's all about me bunch," way too many times. I'll believe it when I see it.

The recent fiasco with AWA is an excellent demonstration of what the WO's have endured forever!

Someone said, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend." Friends at AWA, good luck dealing with these folks, you have my unending support! :up:

The east MEC has been getting schooled, if you will, in the realities of life and where they fit in to the "big picture". In the end, we are all pilots and many of us in the west understand this principle. We believe in fairness and equity for all and many of us would like to see an immediate establishment of a flow through. America West once had DASH-8's sharing ramp space with large Boeings, all flown by the same pilot group. These are the roots of the America West pilot group and there is tremendous interest in establishing a flow through for the wholly owned regionals. It defies union logic not to have one.

Be Carefull what you wish for. If there was some sort of actual screening process in the hiring department at the regional level, it wouldn't be a bad deal......though as of late....I'd say.....there needs to be some oversight into those that are allowed in....

Be Carefull what you wish for. If there was some sort of actual screening process in the hiring department at the regional level, it wouldn't be a bad deal......though as of late....I'd say.....there needs to be some oversight into those that are allowed in....
Like no former (engineers) freight dogs from Emery?

So what you are inferring is that you are enemies with East mainline pilots.

This is good to know.

A320 Driver <_<

So what you are inferring is that you are enemies with East mainline pilots.

This is good to know.

A320 Driver <_<
Don't be ridiculous. I'm sure you must have misunderstood my post.

After all you guys have done for us over the years, how could we not love you? :eek: