Piedmont/PSA flow-through

Be Carefull what you wish for. If there was some sort of actual screening process in the hiring department at the regional level, it wouldn't be a bad deal......though as of late....I'd say.....there needs to be some oversight into those that are allowed in....

Lets dispense with the "eliteism". Every one of us started somewhere and the 5% rule applies to every bunch...even mainline. The wholly owned have their share of knuckleheads but so does mainline.

This is a slippery slope. Having one union group and separate entities doing the same work for far less paid with the unions blessing plays right into the company’s hands.

An internal prep session was held this week for a flow-through (up and back) agreement with US Airways’ wholly-owned regional carriers. Present at the meeting were representatives of the US Airways, AWA, Piedmont and PSA MECs, senior ALPA staff, and ALPA National Officers. A framework proposal was developed that will provide job opportunities for pilots at Piedmont and PSA to fly for US Airways mainline, as well as job opportunities for US Airways mainline pilots at Piedmont and PSA in the event of a furlough.

Negotiating dates with management will be announced shortly.

MEC Chairman Captain Jack Stephan and Vice Chairman Captain Kim Snider were in PHX this week to speak to US Airways new hire pilots who are currently in Basic Indoctrination Class at the training center in PHX.

Hopefully we'll have the PDT/PSA guys on board very soon :up: . I, for one, am looking forward to flying with you guys!

I certainly appreciate the welcome, but there is still some work to do on finalizing the agreement before we'll be flowing up.