Pit/clt Mechs

totobird said:
The vast majority of the mechanics and utility that I have spoken with said they would transfer to PHL from PIT. Not sure about the exact numbers yet.
[post="246815"][/post]​
PHL ? :down: Did you bump your head when you replied here? The vast majority of mechanics I have spoken with are taking a layoff. Quite a few are taking the early buy out also. As far as utility, they have no choice, they are going out the door.

Cowboy you better read the new contract that was forced on us.
Utility is not out the door. They can transfer into Fleet jobs if there are openings. PHL has plenty of openings. As far as the buyout. Have you seen it ? What a joke. Nobody I talked to is taking it.
I can only tell you from my vantage point that many will go to PHL for a few years and then retire.
Do I like it ? No.
Best regards, To To

Your statement is not correct, they can't transfer into Fleet, they will be offered preferential hiring, it is not an automatic job they still have to interview.

There is no buyout for M&R.

700UW said:
Your statement is not correct, they can't transfer into Fleet, they will be offered preferential hiring, it is not an automatic job they still have to interview.

There is no buyout for M&R.
[post="247096"][/post]​

And any that can pass a drug test after what they been through I tip my hat to. :up: :shock:

totobird said:
Cowboy you better read the new contract that was forced on us.
Utility is not out the door. They can transfer into Fleet jobs if there are openings. PHL has plenty of openings. As far as the buyout. Have you seen it ? What a joke. Nobody I talked to is taking it.
I can only tell you from my vantage point that many will go to PHL for a few years and then retire.
Do I like it ? No.
Best regards, To To
[post="247092"][/post]​
I did read it, a few times. Very few if any mechanics will be going from PIT to PHL. Most welcome the layoff, and quite a few are taking the voluntary seperation. They are lining up jobs and just waiting for the paper work to come out. Anybody a few years from retirement won't be leaving PIT, they have more then enough time to stay. Anybody with a hire date before july '87 will still have a job in PIT.
As for me, you guys in PHL can count on me NOT coming to bump anyone out. :bleh:
And yes the utes are out the door, the 25 left in PIT will be filled by stock clerks who have ute time. Then they can apply to bust bags in PHL.

Most mechanics in PIT are not going to commute, probably not in CLT either just not that good of a job anymore. For what the pay is now, after commuting expenses you are better off working for a little less pay and being home with your family!! U is not going to be a fun place to work. I feel sorry for the guys who are going to be left. Regardless of what some on this board will have you believe their is life after U. The smart mechanics knew this was how this was going to end for them, that is why most have lined up jobs at other places or are in the process of lining up other jobs. Jet Blue appreciates all the training their newest mechanics received at their former employer. Time will tell if the company lives up to their end of the contract and pays the severance they are required to pay, they haven't honored a contract yet so I highly doubt this one will be honored either. Most are planning on taking severance getting paid for sicktime and working elsewhere, as a last resort waiting for all this to shake out and possibly bidding back in to phl, bos, dca. All are aware there have to be openings to bid back in but why not take the companies money, take a little time off, then go to work for a company that really appreciates it's employees!! Just a little side note most mechanics would leave today. However our quality managment team can't even outsource our jobs in a timely manner!!

Good Luck To All

Hey fanlube, well said brother. They can't bring on the layoff soon enough for me. The guys left do not feel "lucky to have a job". The line will be full of people who haven't touched a plane in years, and the fat wardens of hanger 5 are intent to make it a prison camp.
Good luck to all, weather they stay or go.

By the way, 2 of the 3 newspaper machines have been removed from the entrance of Hgr 5 as requested by our crack managment team. I assume the final one will be leaving Monday. :down:

The urinals have been taped over and out out of order for some time! In HGR 1-2 they couldn't fix them so they built a wooden box and put that in front of them, and in HGR 5 they have a nice assortment of Porta Johns! Mentality of crack managment, quote have all microwaves, personal coffee pots and refrigerators off company floor by certain date forgot date, explanation was for Star Alliance audit, so your telling me the Star Alliance is worried about microwaves and personal coffee pots but really don't care that the hangers U are working out of in PIT don't even have working toilets! You gotta love this place.

fanlube said:
The urinals have been taped over and out out of order for some time! In HGR 1-2 they couldn't fix them so they built a wooden box and put that in front of them, and in HGR 5 they have a nice assortment of Porta Johns! Mentality of crack managment, quote have all microwaves, personal coffee pots and refrigerators off company floor by certain date forgot date, explanation was for Star Alliance audit, so your telling me the Star Alliance is worried about microwaves and personal coffee pots but really don't care that the hangers U are working out of in PIT don't even have working toilets! You gotta love this place.
[post="247449"][/post]​

I guess maybe management is not so dumb after all. It makes sense to me to remove the coffee machines if the toilets are not working.

:p

Charlotte Maintenance Management has gotten rid of the only breakroom for utility on the line so now 200 employees have no breakroom to use.

There will be a call to Human Resources Monday morning.

Great way to treat employees, don't give them a room to store their stuff, sit down to eat and take away the fridge for them to place their food in.

Great management skills.

Latest posts