Pit/clt Mechs

Baja4U

Senior
Feb 10, 2004
Visit site
Does anyone have any idea of the # of people who are considering bumping to PHL from the PIT/CLT abolishments? Welcome to PHILLY the city of brotherly LOVE!!! HAHAHA :up:

totobird said:
The vast majority of the mechanics and utility that I have spoken with said they would transfer to PHL from PIT. Not sure about the exact numbers yet.
[post="246815"][/post]​
Thanks Toto, Make sure U tell everyone that PHL is a great place to work and the commute is probably the easiest to PIT and CLT. :up:

totobird said:
The vast majority of the mechanics and utility that I have spoken with said they would transfer to PHL from PIT. Not sure about the exact numbers yet.
[post="246815"][/post]​

Toto how many Utility going to transfer to PHL as utility?

There will be no utility in PHL, line utility is being eliminated. Only 25 utility in CLT Base MTC and another 25 in PIT Base MTC.

700UW is correct on the Utility numbers and locations.

The only real option for a Utility person going to PHL is to exercise previous senority in the Stores classification.

A utility person cannot excercise their seniority in stores, you can't "bump up" you can only "bump down".

700UW said:
A utility person cannot excercise their seniority in stores, you can't "bump up" you can only "bump down".
[post="246834"][/post]​

OK...then what about filling an existing vacancy with a person with stores time?

Phantom Fixer said:
700UW is correct on the Utility numbers and locations.

The only real option for a Utility person going to PHL is to exercise previous senority in the Stores classification.
[post="246833"][/post]​

I know he is I wanted Toto to put explain what he meant when that vast majority of utility he talked to were going to PHL.

If a current utility person holds seniority in the stock clerk classification, they can bid any open job in the system (bids posted twice per week) and the jobs are awarded on seniority basis.

700UW said:
If a current utility person holds seniority in the stock clerk classification, they can bid any open job in the system (bids posted twice per week) and the jobs are awarded on seniority basis.
[post="246837"][/post]​

OK,

This is what I was implying....not the BUMPING rights. If thier is an opening and you have the horsepower to bid it...its yours.

Bumping rights have become somewhat of a grey area...as some classifications have built in "Fences" that force a scenario of "Targeted Selection" in the M&R field...Inspection and certain Planning positions and Tech Docs work exactly that way. The same is true for Senior Planning positions.

700UW said:
[post="246837"][/post]​
Did I start this topic to talk about utility????? NO, I didn't think so.........

Baja4U said:
Did I start this topic to talk about utility????? NO, I didn't think so.........
[post="247001"][/post]​

When you become owner of US Aviation then you can tell people what to post and if you actually took the time to read the posts you would see it was a reply to the following:

totobird said:
[post="246815"][/post]​

700UW said:
When you become owner of US Aviation then you can tell people what to post and what not to post, if you read totobirds post, it was an answer to him.
[post="247002"][/post]​
Ok 700, you're IN CHARGE NOW!!!!

Latest posts