PIT

Look, the bottom line is, this is Steelers Nation, and nobody wants to leave.

So, we don't need flights out of here and we don't need gates. Hence, the false walls built at the end of the A and B terminals, and the complete closing of the express terminal.

All we need around here is a moving van terminal for all the people coming to live in Steeler Country.

Hi guys,
I think this may have something to do with Continental joining the Star Alliance October 24. Why should US feed their EWR hub? Same thing as UAL and ORD and IAD -- US dumped those flights over a year ago. Personally, when I fly International I go through IAD -- it's by far the easiest international connection hub.

Later,
Eye
Eye, as much as I would like to agree with you, the EWR-PIT market is marginal at best. We do have some EWR-PIT local Passengers but my bet would be connecting Passengers equal the amoount of Local Passengers on this route. March 7th is the last day EWR-PIT operates and on March 8th, EWR-PHL begins with Dash 8 service. CO Connect also flies EWR-PHL on Commutair Dash 8's.

Honestly the whole Pittsburgh/Usairways relationship is exhausted and old. The heart of the city, not the cranberries and beavers of Pittsburgh think of Us as a has been and folks get around just fine. Nobody really cares. Everyone who casually travels is now use to the fact of connecting as millions and millions from other cities do. No biggie. Bye Bye US and Hello more options since the Hub was closed. Move on nobody cares. It's silly at this point. :rolleyes:

Pit will not be the only city reduced in size. There are meetings in PHX this week and LAS and PHX are going to see some flight reductions.

Pit will not be the only city reduced in size. There are meetings in PHX this week and LAS and PHX are going to see some flight reductions.

yeah , i think we are going to go the way of LAS ....

PHX is a poor city and we grow more poor by the day ... i wonder if they will cut us down by 50%? Sometimes i can feel the fear in the air at work .... but i try to ingnore it , live for today right?

PIT should never have been a hub. From an economic standpoint. The amount of long-term damage done by putting all the eggs in one basket - and the wrong basket - the way Colodny did is incalculable. He came to a fork in the road in the mid 80's and went with PIT. We have the benefit of hindsight so perhaps this is a bit unfair but that's why they make the big bucks. A decade later Wolf came onboard and by then it was obvious that PHL was the way to go and you could just tell he never wanted the PIT hub. The process of leaving PIT really started 10 years ago, with Wolf. Parker presided over the funeral. Wolf I guess is in France enjoying his wine collection?

PIT should never have been a hub. From an economic standpoint. The amount of long-term damage done by putting all the eggs in one basket - and the wrong basket - the way Colodny did is incalculable. He came to a fork in the road in the mid 80's and went with PIT. We have the benefit of hindsight so perhaps this is a bit unfair but that's why they make the big bucks. A decade later Wolf came onboard and by then it was obvious that PHL was the way to go and you could just tell he never wanted the PIT hub. The process of leaving PIT really started 10 years ago, with Wolf. Parker presided over the funeral. Wolf I guess is in France enjoying his wine collection?
I agree with the PHL thing, as far as originating traffic. What about CLT? COME ON, 10 years ago they were no better off than PIT! Other than weather, their originating traffic was similar. CLT is fantastic but other than the banking industry what do they offer?

I just had a great idea! Remodel the Express Terminal to be used as a high school (maybe name it, say, Carnot?), and lease it out to Moon Township! Let the process go full circle!
A little too late for that. Most of terminal E has been demolished and what little remains is now used by T(housands) S(tanding) A(round). In fact I find it funny that PIT still has signs directing passengers to the terminal that now no longer technically exists.

I agree with the PHL thing, as far as originating traffic. What about CLT? COME ON, 10 years ago they were no better off than PIT! Other than weather, their originating traffic was similar. CLT is fantastic but other than the banking industry what do they offer?

Until September, the banking industry was PLENTY more than what PIT has.

And why brush off a huge factor with the "other than weather" aside? Maybe weather is why companies, and therefore people, move to CLT and from PIT.

Latest posts