Possible NMB Rulings

NYer said:

I guess that fits because AMFA is also at a whole new beginning considering they have about 10% of the total Membership they used to have.
And what % of mechanics in this industry has the best contracts at passenger airlines?  That would be 10%.  Who represents those airlines with the best contracts?  That would be AMFA.  BTW; both TWU and IAM have lost thousands if not millions upon millions of represented members over the years.  Matter fact if these guys are successful in removing the IAM at US then they will not exist in this craft or class in the airlines, what says you about that?  You industrial inuinist always claim stregnth in numbers, and just how has that worked out for the TWU and IAM?  Oh, Never mind the mighty great TWU and IAM just cave to the concessions and agree to what the company wants everytime.  Been happening since 2003 if not 1983 by some post on here.  You can have your pathetic alliance.  You will get what you deserve--trust me...

Reactions: 1 person
NYer said:

Fear? There is not fear, I'd just rather stay with what I know and with the Association there is a better chance of that happening. For our Brothers and Sisters at the IAM it also beneficial to them as they don't have to fear losing their multi-employer medical and pension. That is something that would surely cause a division if they're forced into the TWU or we're forced into the IAM.
There you go again fear monger!!!   The IAM brothers and sisters "WILL NOT" lose their medical or their pensions.  Stop the lies and BS, and most of them know this.  We just proved 700 wrong as he was trying to use this same scare tactic to scare the IAM members to stay with the IAM.  None of it is true in any sense.   Glad to see you going to it as well, it just speaks volumes about your character and the mission you are on.  

You didnt prove me wrong on anything.

If you arent an IAM member anymore nor in a coordinated bargaining unit you will not get any more contributions into the IAMNPF.

Its written in stone, and yet you are scared to PM me an e-mail address to send you the letter. The same letter that was issued to the members last summer during the ibt raid.

If the IAMNPF is so great why don't Buffy, Roach and Sito have IAMNPF over the more generous plan given to the executive council?

Josh

700UW said:
You didnt prove me wrong on anything.
If you arent an IAM member anymore nor in a coordinated bargaining unit you will not get any more contributions into the IAMNPF.

Its written in stone, and yet you are scared to PM me an e-mail address to send you the letter. The same letter that was issued to the members last summer during the ibt raid.
700, In the very beginning you posted that they would lose their pensions--FACT.   You have only as of recent flipped to the IAM might stop putting into the fund if they were to vote them out,  they may have that choice yes, but you did in fact claim that all the IAMers would lose their pensions if they voted AMFA in.  Plus others as well as myself told you that any new union could very well nego the members back into a pension fund other than the IAM's funds, and why in the world would the company not allow it?  You did your flip-flop on this issue after the IAM finally put something out in writing after the TWU put the false information out (or maybe that was vise-versa).  
I know how it is written WT (and no I do not do PM's)  which it is not written as they will lose it as you were screaming in the very beginning.  Others know this to be FACT, it's all in writing by you in past postings.  Even as of late there are still IAM union stooges telling their members that they will lose their pension fund if they vote them out---just more stupid scare tactics to remain in place...

700UW said:
Losing future contributions you can't lose what's vested.
Once again you never stated it this way in the beginning until it came out in writing.  You were misleading and confusing the membership with scare tactics on purpose.  Go back and read them for yourself it's all there WT.   You will not be able to wiggle out of this one this time, but as usual, tou will try desperately...

swamt said:
Once again you never stated it this way in the beginning until it came out in writing.  You were misleading and confusing the membership with scare tactics on purpose.  Go back and read them for yourself it's all there WT.   You will not be able to wiggle out of this one this time, but as usual, tou will try desperately...
Correct 700 said things to the effect of the pension would be gone when by law they would never lose what is already vested. Future contributions however would cease.

Josh

737823 said:
Correct 700 said things to the effect of the pension would be gone when by law they would never lose what is already vested. Future contributions however would cease.

Josh
No disrespect, but I know I am correct. He and I had extreme heated discussions about this in detail.  He and other IAM as well as TWU folks were stating that the pension would be gone if they voted in another union to represent them.  And I believe they were told they would lose their medical as well by some.  And it wasn't just me, others out here also proved him wrong. I believe wnmech was one as well as AIM and others.  Bob also told him he was full of BS on this issue, but he still held onto his claim that the pension would be gone if the members voted to have another union represent them at the new AA---PERIOD.  And as of late it looks like NYer is trying to do the same and confuse and mislead with these very same issues and they just are not true.  Trust me, he will never admit that he was wrong with what he said in the beginning, he will simply twist and turn and deflect it all into his favor one way or another, he is very well known for doing so, however, it will be to hard for him to do so in this case as we now have him by the balls...

Reactions: 2 people
swamt said:
No disrespect, but I know I am correct. He and I had extreme heated discussions about this in detail.  He and other IAM as well as TWU folks were stating that the pension would be gone if they voted in another union to represent them.  And I believe they were told they would lose their medical as well by some.  And it wasn't just me, others out here also proved him wrong. I believe wnmech was one as well as AIM and others.  Bob also told him he was full of BS on this issue, but he still held onto his claim that the pension would be gone if the members voted to have another union represent them at the new AA---PERIOD.  And as of late it looks like NYer is trying to do the same and confuse and mislead with these very same issues and they just are not true.  Trust me, he will never admit that he was wrong with what he said in the beginning, he will simply twist and turn and deflect it all into his favor one way or another, he is very well known for doing so, however, it will be to hard for him to do so in this case as we now have him by the balls...

That's a broad brush. You have NEVER seen any posting by myself that suggests people would be losing their accrued pensions. They may not be able to accrue any further, but they can't lose what they've earned. Your interpretation is incorrect.

It seems whoever goes against your beliefs comes from the same womb, but you certainly need to be more careful with your accusations.

swamt said:
And what % of mechanics in this industry has the best contracts at passenger airlines?  That would be 10%.  Who represents those airlines with the best contracts?  That would be AMFA.  BTW; both TWU and IAM have lost thousands if not millions upon millions of represented members over the years.  Matter fact if these guys are successful in removing the IAM at US then they will not exist in this craft or class in the airlines, what says you about that?  You industrial inuinist always claim stregnth in numbers, and just how has that worked out for the TWU and IAM?  Oh, Never mind the mighty great TWU and IAM just cave to the concessions and agree to what the company wants everytime.  Been happening since 2003 if not 1983 by some post on here.  You can have your pathetic alliance.  You will get what you deserve--trust me...

OK, So if you want to own the fact that SWA has the best contract at passenger airlines then you will have to also own the following fact. SWA has 683 aircraft and about 2250 mechanics to service them. AA has 623 aircraft and over 7500 mechanics to service them.

If you are correct about the "best contract at passenger airlines," it also means there are 60% less mechanics to enjoy that treat.

NYer said:

OK, So if you want to own the fact that SWA has the best contract at passenger airlines then you will have to also own the following fact. SWA has 683 aircraft and about 2250 mechanics to service them. AA has 623 aircraft and over 7500 mechanics to service them.

If you are correct about the "best contract at passenger airlines," it also means there are 60% less mechanics to enjoy that treat.
Yeah, and?

NYer said:

That's a broad brush. You have NEVER seen any posting by myself that suggests people would be losing their accrued pensions. They may not be able to accrue any further, but they can't lose what they've earned. Your interpretation is incorrect.

It seems whoever goes against your beliefs comes from the same womb, but you certainly need to be more careful with your accusations.
You need to re-read the post and who I was talking about NYer.  I was not talking about you, why you thought I was is beyond me, feeling guilty about something?  The convo between myself and Josh was in reference to 700 who has been claiming the membership will lose their pensions and/or medical.  I will leave it there since you were off a little there...

NYer said:

If you really knew me or followed my history, you would know that the SWA guys like it this way.  Been like this at SWA since day one back in 1971.  Just like the same % of outsourcing that was made into the contract back when the IAM and ibt represented us.  We know we have to do more with less.  Yes AA has way more mechanics per A/C, like I said, they are usually overstaffed, but, how many mechanics have been layed-off?  Rifed? Relocated? Displaced?  Since 1983  it has been thousands upon thousands.  At one time AA was 18,000 mechanic strong, now you say they are at 7500.  Is that something to brag about?   SWA has grown their mechanic group and NEVER has had a lay-off, rif, or reductions.  Matter fact SWA has more than doubled it's mechanics group since AMFA has taken over.  They have also more than doubled the amount of in house maint as well as components.  Can't really see where you have an argument against or at least comparing the TWU or the IAM to AMFA especially at SWA.  Since we have been very fortunate and not had any lay-offs, rifs or reductions we are fine with the way things are.  We have always been told by SWA that they don't mind paying industry leading wages as long as we don't mind working lean and mean.  It works for us and we plan to keep it this way with no roller coaster rides involving pink slips and looking for jobs all the time.  No thanks you guys can have that kind of life with them 2 unions over there, we will stay with our AMFA proudly...