Possible NMB Rulings

I have never stated they would lose what they have vested, thats lie #1 you posted and lie #2 I have never said anything about medical, medical is contractual and is not run or offered by the IAM, that is PMUS.

Keep up the misinformation.

So how is your adamant position that the NMB will have nothing to do with the Alliance vote?

How could you be so wrong once again?

swamt said:
You need to re-read the post and who I was talking about NYer.  I was not talking about you, why you thought I was is beyond me, feeling guilty about something?  The convo between myself and Josh was in reference to 700 who has been claiming the membership will lose their pensions and/or medical.  I will leave it there since you were off a little there...

If you really knew me or followed my history, you would know that the SWA guys like it this way.  Been like this at SWA since day one back in 1971.  Just like the same % of outsourcing that was made into the contract back when the IAM and ibt represented us.  We know we have to do more with less.  Yes AA has way more mechanics per A/C, like I said, they are usually overstaffed, but, how many mechanics have been layed-off?  Rifed? Relocated? Displaced?  Since 1983  it has been thousands upon thousands.  At one time AA was 18,000 mechanic strong, now you say they are at 7500.  Is that something to brag about?   SWA has grown their mechanic group and NEVER has had a lay-off, rif, or reductions.  Matter fact SWA has more than doubled it's mechanics group since AMFA has taken over.  They have also more than doubled the amount of in house maint as well as components.  Can't really see where you have an argument against or at least comparing the TWU or the IAM to AMFA especially at SWA.  Since we have been very fortunate and not had any lay-offs, rifs or reductions we are fine with the way things are.  We have always been told by SWA that they don't mind paying industry leading wages as long as we don't mind working lean and mean.  It works for us and we plan to keep it this way with no roller coaster rides involving pink slips and looking for jobs all the time.  No thanks you guys can have that kind of life with them 2 unions over there, we will stay with our AMFA proudly...

since SWA has 2500 mechanics for their 600 plus aircraft and the AA has 7500 mechanics for their 600 plus aircraft, I should hope they don't have a need to lay off, especially since they have been one of a very few number of airlines that has actually grown during the economic downturn that forced other airlines to bankruptcy.

At the point where TWU mechanics are willing to work "lean and mean" in order to secure industry leading wages, is when AMFA may be able to get enough cards to make the switch.However, I may be wrong, but that doesn't sound like a good recruiting point.

700UW said:
I have never stated they would lose what they have vested, thats lie #1 you posted and lie #2 I have never said anything about medical, medical is contractual and is not run or offered by the IAM, that is PMUS.

Keep up the misinformation.

So how is your adamant position that the NMB will have nothing to do with the Alliance vote?

How could you be so wrong once again?
You have stated many, many times that the IAM members will lose their pensions if they voted in another union.  I stated (on the 2nd issue) that I thought you were the one stating that medical would also be gone.  If I was wrong, I am sorry for that mis info.  But the original claim of YOU claiming the members would lose their pensions STANDS.  Once again 700 as I told you before, you won't be able to wiggle out of it this time...

Reactions: 1 person
NYer said:

since SWA has 2500 mechanics for their 600 plus aircraft and the AA has 7500 mechanics for their 600 plus aircraft, I should hope they don't have a need to lay off, especially since they have been one of a very few number of airlines that has actually grown during the economic downturn that forced other airlines to bankruptcy.

At the point where TWU mechanics are willing to work "lean and mean" in order to secure industry leading wages, is when AMFA may be able to get enough cards to make the switch.However, I may be wrong, but that doesn't sound like a good recruiting point.
I was not in any way using my example as a recruiting point.  I was simply stating the difference between AA's numbers and SWA's numbers, so don't even try that angle with me...

Reactions: 1 person