Prater Road Shows

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are a perfect example of what 767 was talking about. Your name fits you perfectly, feeding on trash and hate.

L1011Ret,

Calling a poster on the carpet to back up their statement.

If you researched the 767Jetz you will see what he is all about.

Happy Retirement there L1011

Under current ALPA rules, Constitution and ByLaws, ALPA promotes and abets the trashing of members careers so long as it promotes the national organization. When will ALPA act like a Union? Promoting its members interest instead of itself.

Bingo, that is why they call it an association.

Do you hear a National contract, National Senority list, Pension Plan and how about a insurance plan to cover the retired guys?

You have members hoping the other members carrier goes Chapter 7. Just so they get a bigger slice of the pie. It is pure and simple greed. Just like the old days when the senior guy got all the good stuff and you heard. You'll be senior some day.

ALPA lost it balls years ago and they have proven it time and time again.

I am still wondering why the Prater roadshow hasn't scheduled dates out west yet? Anybody know what's up? Very interesting.

I am still wondering why the Prater roadshow hasn't scheduled dates out west yet? Anybody know what's up? Very interesting.

Probably because ALPA is fulfilling its obligation as a national union and forwarding the arbitrated seniority list to the company next month. This will coincide with ALPA national presiding at the JNC talks if the USAir East reps continue their refusal to participate in negotiations. As a whole, the East MEC has been quite entertaining, a real life version of Comedy Central or a Saturday Night Live skit. Many of us will have a lot of laughs with the memories of Jack Stephan's rhetorical messages, the C41 reps incessant "injustice upon us" blast emails and of course, the likes of a few posters around here (the real vocal minority, we are finding out from poling data). In the end, obstinate stupidity is a strategy that which will not work well- some of you are about to find this out.

Prechillill,

The Wilson Center polling, which has not been made public and the only people who are supposed to know the results are the MEC, is a sampling of information.

If the list gets passed onto the company I believe ALPA will be "kicked off" of the property.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Actually, not very interesting. In the August 31 weekly hotline we got this:

ALPA President John Prater will come west to continue the domicile visits for America West and US Airways pilots. On September 14, Captain Prater will be in the T-4 crewroom in Phoenix from 1000 to 1700. Additional dates and locations will be announced as soon as they are finalized.

We're expecting an LAS visit later this month. Sorry you're not on the AWA MEC email list.

Probably because ALPA is fulfilling its obligation as a national union and forwarding the arbitrated seniority list to the company next month. This will coincide with ALPA national presiding at the JNC talks if the USAir East reps continue their refusal to participate in negotiations. As a whole, the East MEC has been quite entertaining, a real life version of Comedy Central or a Saturday Night Live skit. Many of us will have a lot of laughs with the memories of Jack Stephan's rhetorical messages, the C41 reps incessant "injustice upon us" blast emails and of course, the likes of a few posters around here (the real vocal minority, we are finding out from poling data). In the end, obstinate stupidity is a strategy that which will not work well- some of you are about to find this out.

Actually I have enjoyed the flopping around by the MEC. Those of us who are USAPA supporters can't wait for the next blunder. With or without Nicolau a new union is coming. If it is with Nic, I guarantee a new union.

What is really interesting is the MDA lawsuit. If ALPA losses in court, a $127m liability is owed to the MDA pilots. So lets let Nic stand. We now know it was a flawed list by precedent and ALPA losing. That means for every pilot who was disadvantaged by it, could have a claim against ALPA.

Actually I hope Nic stands now if this scenario plays out. I could get a lot more in suing ALPA over my being disadvantaged than I ever could earn here. Wonder how much insurance and the MCF will be left to go around before ALPA files for BK?

Actually, not very interesting. In the August 31 weekly hotline we got this:

ALPA President John Prater will come west to continue the domicile visits for America West and US Airways pilots. On September 14, Captain Prater will be in the T-4 crewroom in Phoenix from 1000 to 1700. Additional dates and locations will be announced as soon as they are finalized.

We're expecting an LAS visit later this month. Sorry you're not on the AWA MEC email list.

Thanks for the post. I am glad Prater and the roadshow is now scheduled out west. Looking forward to seeing if the stories are the same. Or if he's like a politician, telling his constiuents what they want to hear.

Oh, I can guarantee he won't tell us what we want to hear. I'll just expect him to say more of the same. Unfortunately I won't be able to listen for myself.

I couldn't either. That's why I started this thread in the first place.

Actually I have enjoyed the flopping around by the MEC. Those of us who are USAPA supporters can't wait for the next blunder. With or without Nicolau a new union is coming. If it is with Nic, I guarantee a new union.

What is really interesting is the MDA lawsuit. If ALPA losses in court, a $127m liability is owed to the MDA pilots. So lets let Nic stand. We now know it was a flawed list by precedent and ALPA losing. That means for every pilot who was disadvantaged by it, could have a claim against ALPA.

Actually I hope Nic stands now if this scenario plays out. I could get a lot more in suing ALPA over my being disadvantaged than I ever could earn here. Wonder how much insurance and the MCF will be left to go around before ALPA files for BK?

Heard they upped it to 175 Million.

Dream on, twinkle bell.

Dream on, twinkle bell.
The list will be submitted by the end of the month and National will sit at the table for the east at the next JN session.

But don't take my word for it. Only a few weeks to go?

And what's up with Garland's blast?

Status
Not open for further replies.