Prater Road Shows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop the sniping--this is a final warning. We have allowed this thread to continue, but one more personal attack and it will be closed and a space in the cornfield awarded.

Keep it about the issue--not the person.

Stop the sniping--this is a final warning. We have allowed this thread to continue, but one more personal attack and it will be closed and a space in the cornfield awarded.

Keep it about the issue--not the person.
Good point. Still looking for an update from someone who was there.

Give it a rest songbird stew.

The AWA pilot that showed obviously looked around the room and saw a bunch of bitter old men, has-beens, and instinctively knew he was the sharpest pilot present.

Then an ignorant PIT based hillbilly stated, "Hey I gots me an idea, why dont we just throw the dern list out and gets us a new one?"

Prater laughed and said, "decertify if you think you can pull it off."

Balls in your court Easties. Make us proud!

Yes, I would like to know, WERE you there ?? I doubt it because it was not a bunch of bitter old men. Most of the guys that showed were our F/Os in their 40s who are now below some guy hired at AWA 3 years ago who was in grade school when they were hired. Amazingly enough, while there was not a huge turn out, out of the "old men" there I saw at least 3 who are in the top 500 hundred who got their "windfall." They were there to support the more JR guys because this award is WRONG.

Let me tell you Mr. AWA Pilot. Thank God that AFA has date DOH and we are not going to go through this with your F/A group...no matter how much Gary Richardson tried. In 1994, I was making 20K more than I am today being on the bottom on RSV in PIT w/ 21 years. That doesn't even compare to what our East guys have given up...or ALPA has given up for them.

JUST MY OPINION !!!!!!!!

:unsure: I was there and later I will post my picture as the GRIM REAPER. They were blaming the Council Reps of Pit and Phl for the low turn out and when I say Low it was 5-9 and most stayed for 5-10 minutes. There was a pilot there with his son who is also a pilot not for USAirways and he said to me they should have known what binding aribitration meant. I asked who was polled who were there Reps. I said you can not see anything fair about this award it is off the map. I then told him it all adds up to Math who had what ,who came with which equipment blah blah...........I said the sadest thing here is that you all realixed how demoralized these men and women were and Prather will hold them hostage .

:unsure: I was there and later I will post my picture as the GRIM REAPER. They were blaming the Council Reps of Pit and Phl for the low turn out and when I say Low it was 5-9 and most stayed for 5-10 minutes. There was a pilot there with his son who is also a pilot not for USAirways and he said to me they should have known what binding aribitration meant. I asked who was polled who were there Reps. I said you can not see anything fair about this award it is off the map. I then told him it all adds up to Math who had what ,who came with which equipment blah blah...........I said the sadest thing here is that you all realixed how demoralized these men and women were and Prather will hold them hostage .
If you were at the meeting in PIT Babe then you can't count.

OK, so Babe can, indeed, count. Why would you think Babe was at the PIT meeting?
Because this was her response right under my post...

"I was there and later I will post my picture as the GRIM REAPER. They were blaming the Council Reps of Pit and Phl for the low turn out and when I say Low it was 5-9 and most stayed for 5-10 minutes."

I came in off a trip during the meeting in PIT and there were more than 5-9 there....she must be talking about the PHL meeting as that is where she is based.

"I was there and later I will post my picture as the GRIM REAPER. They were blaming the Council Reps of Pit and Phl for the low turn out and when I say Low it was 5-9 and most stayed for 5-10 minutes."

Um, apparently you need to polish your reading skills. While "Babe" used the indefinite form, "there", that really does not imply either PHL, PIT or both, until you have more information.

Leaping to conclusions seem to be endemic in America.

Now that the East side of the roadshows are over, I am not sure whether to continue with updates on the West meetings here or start a new thread.

It would be interesting to keep the thread active to compare notes to see if the message by Prater and Co. are still the same. But it is getting a bit cumbersome to read through 11 pages of posts.

Any thoughts? Anyone?

Thanks to all who posted updates.

Here we go again. The old AAA saved AWA attitude.

Where would you have been if the merger had not happened? Liquidated?

AWA who knows. I am sure we would have been merged with someone else as that is the goal of Parker.

I never said that AAA saved you. Don't put fonts in my mouth. You know you were headed into BK too, its name was Zanzabar.

I don't believe one minute that we were on the path to liquidate. We were on a path to recovery and are making money now. How bought you?
Last time I looked the west was still loosing money. But now that we are together maybe we can come to some common ground. hhmm.

My challenge is still in effect.

wopr21

I’ve got to commend Tiger 1050, AAA73 pilot, and a few others for attempting to start a peaceful dialogue in another thread. Unfortunately there are obviously some who can’t post anything that doesn’t include at least a slight provocation.

People like USA320pilot do not want peace between the two groups because that could lead to compromise… Something he is afraid of. The only “peace†he is interested in involves capitulation by the West to his desires. (A stance that only polarizes the other group against him.) He would rather hijack a thread with his same old rhetoric and stir the emotional pot because to him confrontation is his only hope of keeping his decertification drive alive. He is afraid that a peaceful dialogue would lead to cooler heads prevailing. What a shame.

IMO, those of you on the East (actually both sides) who have demonstrated the ability to remain objective and to step back from the emotions, would be served better by taking matters into your own hands. You really should be proactive about privately “counseling†people like USA320pilot and others on your respective sides.

Since the list will not be overturned, and the decertification effort has many pitfalls as well as being a “Hail Mary†play with no guarantee (very little chance, IMO) of success, the solution lies with cooler heads discussing options through the JNC with the help of the Rice committee.

I’ve got to commend Tiger 1050, AAA73 pilot, and a few others for attempting to start a peaceful dialogue in another thread. Unfortunately there are obviously some who can’t post anything that doesn’t include at least a slight provocation.

People like USA320pilot do not want peace between the two groups because that could lead to compromise… Something he is afraid of. The only “peace†he is interested in involves capitulation by the West to his desires. (A stance that only polarizes the other group against him.) He would rather hijack a thread with his same old rhetoric and stir the emotional pot because to him confrontation is his only hope of keeping his decertification drive alive. He is afraid that a peaceful dialogue would lead to cooler heads prevailing. What a shame.

IMO, those of you on the East (actually both sides) who have demonstrated the ability to remain objective and to step back from the emotions, would be served better by taking matters into your own hands. You really should be proactive about privately “counseling†people like USA320pilot and others on your respective sides.

Since the list will not be overturned, and the decertification effort has many pitfalls as well as being a “Hail Mary†play with no guarantee (very little chance, IMO) of success, the solution lies with cooler heads discussing options through the JNC with the help of the Rice committee.

Mr United Spin Master,

Blah, blah,blah, USA320 blah,blah,blah, USA320 blah,blah, blah

You seem to have a USA320 fixation problem.

So where is your majority information? Please show us ALL so you can be
right for once.

Like I said before wopr21 you ain't got the numbers and you know it!! Now go ask Stephen like I said. You're wishful thinking...

AWA320,

AWA MEC is sending out misinformation about the vocal minority to your AWA sheep.

Stephen is ALPA and not USAPA, so why ask him?

:up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

Subject: Election Cards

Gentlemen,

We are now making our final push to get a signed card from everyone who would like to move forward in our effort to replace ALPA at USAirways. Our current card count of 2209 is getting very close to the number we need to carry a successful election.

Baaaahh

Yes, I would like to know, WERE you there ?? I doubt it because it was not a bunch of bitter old men. Most of the guys that showed were our F/Os in their 40s who are now below some guy hired at AWA 3 years ago who was in grade school when they were hired. Amazingly enough, while there was not a huge turn out, out of the "old men" there I saw at least 3 who are in the top 500 hundred who got their "windfall." They were there to support the more JR guys because this award is WRONG.

Let me tell you Mr. AWA Pilot. Thank God that AFA has date DOH and we are not going to go through this with your F/A group...no matter how much Gary Richardson tried. In 1994, I was making 20K more than I am today being on the bottom on RSV in PIT w/ 21 years. That doesn't even compare to what our East guys have given up...or ALPA has given up for them.

JUST MY OPINION !!!!!!!!

Uhhmm, Excuse me but could someone get Gradma's name so we can kick her off our aircraft....

Grandma, should someone with 6.5 years of active service be placed ahead of someone with 10 years active service? And barring your first answer, who would you classify as more experienced?

Stop stirring the pot, all you guys did before any of this was bad mouth pilots anyways.

Uhhmm, Excuse me but could someone get Gradma's name so we can kick her off our aircraft....

Grandma, should someone with 6.5 years of active service be placed ahead of someone with 10 years active service? And barring your first answer, who would you classify as more experienced?

Stop stirring the pot, all you guys did before any of this was bad mouth pilots anyways.

You made the same fallacious point on another thread. I'll have to straighten you out again.

If you had bothered to read any of the relevant documents instead of just getting your information from webboards, you would know that the East pilots did not propose date-of-hire. Their proposal was length-of-service. This means that in your above example, the pilot with 10 years of active service would get ten years credit. The pilot with 6.5 years would be credited with just 6.5 years of seniority.

In conclusion, you don't know what the hell you are talking about. :down:

USAPA....on the way! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts