Your left hand has no idea what your right hand is doing.

How awful, a middle seat for an hour flight!!! How did you cope?
should we get rid of all middle seats in aircraft to suit you or do you prefer bending the ear off every employee in CLT???

Actually if the first person he talked to did their job, or at least explained that the seats were blocked for gate assignment, he wouldnt have had to bother anyone else.

Its all the new people who dont know/care what they need to know along with a lack of training and experience.
2 recent things I've heard from some of our newhires...
1) (At the ticket counter) I dont know sir, we're just here to check you in. (When asked about changing a flight)
2) Its $150 to upgrade (To a Gold). "I get it for free". We dont do that anymore. You have to buy it.
Hello, I dont know what planet this girl is on, but this is just from one newhire, I can imagine systemwide.

PS- Expect a lot more of this. The new computer will make a lot of agents dumb down since there are a lot of things we can currently do on Sabre that QIK doesnt support. For some of us oldies, it wont be that we dont want to anymore, we cant with the system.

LOL, this is good for a laugh......

The reaction is predictable. The GA will stare at you and:

1. wonder when you last peed in the bottle;
Every time I see the girls that takes the samples, I ask why they don't love me any more - they never write, never call......

2. will stammer that Gates are in charge of the flight before the door closes;
Oh, I hope not. Once had an agent tell me that I only flew the plane - he was in charge till then. Told him to call me in the breakroom when he had it at the runway....

3. say he/she will blame any delay on you;
Hey, that's what they pay the big bucks for. Just don't put it down to "crew" - make sure it say's "Captain".

4. mutter and do as you say; and,
Now we're getting somewhere.....

5. write you up.
Hope my name is spelled right - Rockford or Maverick will do.....(inside joke for those who have long known me)

Depending on your timing, you may get a note to please stop in and see the chief pilot.
Good excuse to stop by and visit Skip - haven't seen him in a while.....

Again, thanks for the grins and giggles, hp_fa.

Jim "Rockford"/"Maverick"

ps - I'll now return this thread to it's original topic....

I know some of the you just couldn't wait to see how the flight went..... :rolleyes: Here ya go bear, I'm sure this will give you more fodder for the cannon..... :p

Flight 104 CLT/EWR

Boarded on time and was seated in row 1. Plane was dirty but not nasty. Carpet on bulkhead was badly stained in spots and over all pretty dirty. Of course the pax in 1C had both feet on the bulkhead with his shoes on so I can only image how hard it is to keep it clean. Seat is just old and worn out and not sure how much 409 would help. Given the birds are going to go away in the not to distance future; I guess money is not being spent to keep them clean. This may have been the 37 that I was on a week or so ago. If so the vomit had been cleaned up, but it appeared the stain was still on the bulkhead carpet. The pen art did looked familiar…. DL’s birds now go through deep cleaning every thirty days so the difference was noticeable. We pushed on time, but the ramp seemed to be backed up for CLT. We were in the air in 10 minutes or less. Sure beats ATL on that score….

No pre-departure drink was served and I really could have used one after this morning. I wondered if I could get a Mojhito once in the air? (Inside joke to those who fly DL). My old friends Jack and Ginger would have been nice though. However, F did get to listen to the F/A lecture two different pax on how they really should not over pack their bags as they would not fit into the overhead. Very entertaining.

It was at this point that it hit me. Most of the people getting on the plane had two big bags + stuffed to the gills. Most seemed to have never flown before. I guess this really is the target market for US these days and it does appear to be working. Given that, I wonder how tired the front line people are of having to deal with Ma and Pa all day every day. I have to believe dealing with 100 CP’s has to be less stressful than dealing with 100 Bobby Sue’s. Maybe that is why so many just tried to brush me off this morning. It more than likely works with Ma and Pa. (Note to Tempe, it does not work well with FF.) Of course Ma and Pa would not have known what I know about policies, seat maps, being charged to change flights, etc., but that is the game we FF play. Know the rules and make the airline stick to them. I wonder if Ma and Pa are better off not knowing.

Crew was ok once in the air. They were on the tail end of a four day trip and appeared to be tired. Two Jacks’ and a full can of Ginger arrived shortly after clearing 10,000 feet. Service was attentive but not over bearing. Lead F/A came around several times with the snack basket and to refill drinks. Outside of the lesson on how to pack a bag, the flight was uneventful and the crew just like I remember the US crews to be.

Flight arrived on time at EWR. Did not check bags, thus nothing to comment on there. So after 10 hours of trying to get to EWR, I finally arrived. I could have driven quicker, but it would not have been as entertaining and quite frankly as cheap.

To be continued.

Actually if the first person he talked to did their job, or at least explained that the seats were blocked for gate assignment, he wouldn't have had to bother anyone else.
Actually I did not mention that the first thing she told me was the charge was a $100 and the fare difference. From there we continued her education on how the SDC works. She couldn't understand why my fares rules didn't mention the SDC but did mention the $100/fare change requirement. Folks it is not my job to educate an agent on how her system works.

And this lady was working the FC/DM line. Not a good choice on some supervisors part.

l4pi,

If you ever have this escapade on my flight, just bang on the terminal window and get my attention. I've always wanted to see how far I could push this:

Getting as close to retirement as I am, I'd love to just tell the agent "I'm putting this person on my plane in this seat" and see the reaction...... :lol:

Jim

You guys want to board the plane too? Go for it. I'm sure the company would be thrilled.

If you ever have this escapade on my flight, just bang on the terminal window and get my attention. I've always wanted to see how far I could push this:
Maverick, (I like that...)

I'm not worth effort. Besides if I can get some one to rat you out, I want to be on the last flight with you.

And BTW, never trust a roach on your plane.... :lol:

Yes, but L4P obviously had the time to try and get out of that seat and it appears that L4P found that there were exit seats blocked but not assigned. So, unless L4P falls outside the parameters of who can sit in an exit row seat, someone should have just switched him into that seat.
Thanks. That is all I wanted some one to do. And I clearly do not fall outside of the parameters of sitting in the exit row. I can be stuborn as a mule when you get my dander up. Once I started getting the run around it was all over.

One of the things that bothers me about what happen is the seats were being held to either 1: make it easier for the GA to handle oversales or 2: the first excuse given of the web allowing folks to book the exit row and do not qualify. In either case, a premium customer is being treated poorly because US is covering for it's own short comings. A FF should be given the exit seat and let Ma and Pa have 7E.

Let's put it another way. I have experienced what a non elite is treated like on US, because out side of a GA who took the time, you would never have known I was a PLT on this airline. In fact several of the people I spoke with never looked at my ticket, my record, or even knew my name.
Being a PLT meant squat.

Thanks again for the response

And just to keep this on topic, I've never had the chance to eat at Phillips Seafood and it is good for those who have never been there. They make a mean Long Island and the shrimp ain't bad either.

Yes, the Ahi tuna is great and the Bloody Mary is spicy, good, and standard is a double shot of vodka

Sombody should take pictures of the nasty interiors, and send them to the sandcastle with the message. Do something about this or these pics will go to the XXX newspaper. Maybe then they will pay attention.

Sombody should take pictures of the nasty interiors, and send them to the sandcastle with the message. Do something about this or these pics will go to the XXX newspaper. Maybe then they will pay attention.

They did pay attention when "Operation 409" went down a couple of years back. The "they" at that time was those at the Crystal Palace, however.

Whatever happened here has nothing to do with the merger. In fact what you got is Old US system, with Old US people and policies and you everyone ask why they are spending time and money to try and educate the front line that they can fix things!

Whatever happened here has nothing to do with the merger. In fact what you got is Old US system, with Old US people and policies and you everyone ask why they are spending time and money to try and educate the front line that they can fix things!
Let me see if I get what you mean.....Old US bad....Old HP good...Merger bad... but could be good if run like Old HP.

Didn't sound like that in Longing's trip report.

UPNAWAY, if you have some sort of pull to fix these problems, you need to jump into action. Go to CLT and see what's wrong, then tell them how to fix it. Don't just produce a video. SHOW THEM THEY WAY YOU WANT IT DONE.

If you can't, get someone who can.