(Prediction) AA''s only REAL union, will stand up, and, and say NO !!!!!

----------------
On 4/7/2003 11:13:02 PM NewHampshire Black Bears wrote:

(IMHO), the APFA (AA''s truest union) will tell AA to "Stick it" !!

Your thoughts plz.

NH/BB''s

----------------

HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa
a
Quite Funny!!!

Good Luck to us all!!!

Take Care,

UT

I believe it will pass. I have not spoken in person to a no vote yet. Nobody is happy or excited about it. The alternative is far worse, for all of us. Than what we will be taking at this point.

This is a unique opportunity for the future. It buys the time the company needs to survive. It gives banks a strong reason to continue to borrow to us. It shows we are team players in our companies future.

We will take back what we have given when negotiations reopen. I expect that we will bargain from no less than where we would have been at the end of this agreement.

As flight attendants, we know that in an emergency (certainly this qualifies) that if you look out the window and see fire. You Do not open the door. BK is like that, open the door to it, and you will be burned!

Live to fight a better, stronger fight, another day.

[SIZE= 12pt]Here is my UAL (IMHO) prediction.
iam141m - Members vote "NO"!!!
141m Contract is abrogated, all other unions capitulate.
June/2003 - AMFA voted in.
BK Exit on profits, AMFA says, good work, gimmie mine.
UAL-AMFA gets raises, others get none.[/SIZE]
Read this in the book of ''DUH''!!!

Good Luck, and Take Care,
IMHO,
UAL_TECH

As far as f/a''s go. Its going to be a close one. I hear alot of no''s here in MIA. I don''t think people really realize what their playing with when your talking BK. There is tons of bitterness for Carty and AMR right now. We all know that they are taking full advantage of us right now in the name of saving the company. I would rather take the hit now, then when its time for the next contract make them start negotiations before 2009 so that it is settled by 2009. And if they don''t give us what we want at that time I will strike over a penny if I have to.

----------------
On 4/7/2003 11:45:47 PM UAL_TECH wrote:

Here is my UAL (IMHO) prediction.
iam141m - Members vote "NO"!!!
141m Contract is abrogated, all other unions capitulate.

----------------------------------------------------------

My sad prediction: UAL- MAY 1st 2003 liquidation; SARS and heavy debt, no where to turn.

The fat lady is clearing her throat.

----------------
On 4/8/2003 8:04:36 AM AAquila wrote:

My sad prediction: UAL- MAY 1st 2003 liquidation; SARS and heavy debt, no where to turn.

----------------​

Fat chance for the fat lady! The tides are changing for UA. Even our skeptics are starting to predict UA''s survival. Don''t count on a UA CH7 filing saving your bacon. Better start looking after your own house. You''re starting to sound like one of those bitter US AIR posters.

What I find interesting is those that fear S-1327 (Baseball Style Arbitration) removal of right to strike and then also fear Bankrupcty (Still have right to strike).

PARADOX

par•a•dox

Pronunciation: (par'u-doks"),
—n.
1. a statement or proposition that seems self-contradictory or absurd but in reality expresses a possible truth.
2. a self-contradictory and false proposition.
3. any person, thing, or situation exhibiting an apparently contradictory nature.
an opinion or statement contrary to commonly accepted opinion.

----------------
On 4/8/2003 8:49:43 AM Bob Owens wrote:

----------------
On 4/8/2003 7:19:16 AM MiAAmi wrote:

As far as f/a''s go. Its going to be a close one. I hear alot of no''s here in MIA. I don''t think people really realize what their playing with when your talking BK. There is tons of bitterness for Carty and AMR right now. We all know that they are taking full advantage of us right now in the name of saving the company. I would rather take the hit now, then when its time for the next contract make them start negotiations before 2009 so that it is settled by 2009. And if they don''t give us what we want at that time I will strike over a penny if I have to.

----------------​

I keep hearing you yes voters say how much worse BK will be. What are you basing this on? How bad can the company make it and still expect to get the employees to produce? Even if the worst happens and the judge abrogates the contracts how far can the company go without an uprising? Are you people so weak willed that you would allow yourselves to be treated like a slave? Why are you in Unions?

----------------​

BK results are impossible to predict. But given the chance I would rather know whats behind door number 1 than behind a BK door that does not favor labor and who''s first priority is making sure the creditors get taken care of first no matter how much it costs the labor groups. As far as being treated like a slave - well I think if you ask around, the average joe might find it hard to call our wages - slave wages. With the state of the industry if I were to lose my job here at AA and start over somewhere else I would make extremely less than the 15.6 cut (And thats if there are any jobs available) As union members we stand together to protect one another, in my opinion its time to stand together and save our company from BK if we can. Sending my fellow union members to BK court leaves them somewhat un-protected. BK court will be worse than the proposed Baseball style arbitration I guarantee it. Look at how AMR is taking advantage of our contracts now. It will be like a kid in a candy store if we go to BK court.

----------------
On 4/8/2003 7:19:16 AM MiAAmi wrote:

As far as f/a's go. Its going to be a close one. I hear alot of no's here in MIA. I don't think people really realize what their playing with when your talking BK. There is tons of bitterness for Carty and AMR right now. We all know that they are taking full advantage of us right now in the name of saving the company. I would rather take the hit now, then when its time for the next contract make them start negotiations before 2009 so that it is settled by 2009. And if they don't give us what we want at that time I will strike over a penny if I have to.

----------------​

I keep hearing you yes voters say how much worse BK will be. What are you basing this on? How bad can the company make it and still expect to get the employees to produce? Even if the worst happens and the judge abrogates the contracts how far can the company go without an uprising? Are you people so weak willed that you would allow yourselves to be treated like a slave? Why are you in Unions? Arent you in Unions so you can use your collecteive power to stop the company from just imposing its will upon you? How can you be so stupid as to agree to such draconian revisions when in fact you are getting NO guarantees? Quit your sniveling fear based whining and vote NO. We all knew when we went into this business that it was risky. Risky in that it does not provide the security of a government job and risky in that there is an element of Danger in the job, just think of those you knew who perished on Sept 11 and 587. Concessions never saved an airline, all they have ever done is lower the lifetime (sometimes shorter lifetime) of airline workers. Every day could be your last. Why settle for much much less in life because you are afriad? If you are that fearful you do not belong in this business. If all you want is a steady paycheck go wait on tables, drive a bus, work for the government or fix cars.

Vote NO

----------------
On 4/8/2003 8:49:43 AM Bob Owens wrote:
I keep hearing you yes voters say how much worse BK will be. What are you basing this on? How bad can the company make it and still expect to get the employees to produce? Even if the worst happens and the judge abrogates the contracts how far can the company go without an uprising? Are you people so weak willed that you would allow yourselves to be treated like a slave? Why are you in Unions? Arent you in Unions so you can use your collecteive power to stop the company from just imposing its will upon you? How can you be so stupid as to agree to such draconian revisions when in fact you are getting NO guarantees? Quit your sniveling fear based whining and vote NO. We all knew when we went into this business that it was risky. Risky in that it does not provide the security of a government job and risky in that there is an element of Danger in the job, just think of those you knew who perished on Sept 11 and 587. Concessions never saved an airline, all they have ever done is lower the lifetime (sometimes shorter lifetime) of airline workers. Every day could be your last. Why settle for much much less in life because you are afriad? If you are that fearful you do not belong in this business. If all you want is a steady paycheck go wait on tables, drive a bus, work for the government or fix cars.

Vote NO

----------------​

I can tell from your post Bob you''ve had quite an insulated life. Have you never worked in a Job without a Union contract? People produce quite a bit without a Union. In those jobs you see a lot of "Stick" and little "Carrot". How much worse could it be? Hmmmm, let me think.
No more seniority
No bump rights
No grievance provisions
Im sure there are quite a few more others can contribute but just those three get my attention. Not interested in producing? Well your Fired! Thinking of an uprising? Fired! Once the first few are walked out in front of everyone, Management will have everyone in line. Boy that sounds fun! I can''t wait for some of my jerk-off supervisors to have all that power! If I even have a job at that point. But thats the way it works in the "Real World" of no Union. VOTE YES!!!

Bob, how can you say you don''t know how bad it can be in Ch.11?

Jim Little sent out the comparison of the TA and the S.1113 term sheet. I''ve seen it, so surely you as a TWU officer have seen it.

The number of jobs lost under the TA is a fraction of the jobs that would be lost under the proposed S.1113 sheet.

Nobody likes a colonoscopy or mammogram, but it''s still a better choice than chemotherapy or surgery...

----------------
On 4/8/2003 8:50:12 AM 767jetz wrote:

----------------
On 4/8/2003 8:04:36 AM AAquila wrote:

----------------​

Fat chance for the fat lady! The tides are changing for UA. Even our skeptics are starting to predict UA''s survival. Don''t count on a UA CH7 filing saving your bacon. Better start looking after your own house. You''re starting to sound like one of those bitter US AIR posters.

----------------​
It would seem some of our people have an over inflated view of themselves. That a BK judge will feel there pain and take care of them. Its time for AAer''s to wake up, or we may find the liquidated carrier to be our own. Please God help us if we ever become as bad as the USAIR posters.