Predictions Are No Good

What you have to realize is that it is a free market.
Bad news sells newspapers.
Where are these pundants when America West and US Airways works out to be a powerhouse in the industry?
Nobody knows because you won't hear a peep from them.

Don't read the crap that is in the newspapers, they are only trying to sell advertising.
The truth doesn't matter.

Focus on making this into the finest airline in the industry and prove these naysayers wrong (you too justaumechanic).

Regards. :up:

North by Northwest said:
"You can bet your A$$ it's coming for AA...and it's coming for DL , CO and NW too.

The tone has been set for this industry...and U and UA are just the Poster Children for it. The rest will follow suit..or fall by the wayside." I wouldn't hold my breath on that one... MANY are sadly under the delusion that the carriers in BK have set the "new" standard with which to operate a viable airline. Neither of the two (that is sucking the life out of the industry) has proven that they can survive IN BK let alone OUT of it.
It is the idea that "we must pull everone down" to our level in BK "woe us" losing our jobs, so lets screw those not in BK. Lets take the WHOLE industry down with us. Sorry for your BK. But I don't give a damn about YOUR job...when you are hoping that we lose OURS.
"The tone has been set for this industryand U and UA are just the Poster Children" You act as if that is some kind of an accomplishment? Remeber those words when both are written off into the history pages.
[post="272342"][/post]​

I agree with you, but here's an article where the author disagrees:

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/yhoo/story...8EC3928D46F9%7D

As long as the failing bankrupt carriers remain propped up by GE and their regional partners, the nonbankrupt airlines will exert downward pressure on wages. What the industry needs is for a couple of them to fold (but saying that is heresy).

Frankly, I am hopeful that U has a chance with AWA...JUST GET OUT of BK. Same goes for Ual. Compete fairly or go out of business...period. That should be the rule of thumb for ALL carriers. No matter whom it is.

North by Northwest said:
Frankly, I am hopeful that U has a chance with AWA...JUST GET OUT of BK. Same goes for Ual. Compete fairly or go out of business...period. That should be the rule of thumb for ALL carriers. No matter whom it is.
[post="272351"][/post]​
North by Northwest, It will be interesting to see if your opinion changes when NWA files for bankrupcy.....

Or do you think employees at Northwest will voluntarily accept HUGE paycuts to keep Northwest out of bankrupcy ?

I was let go in December, there are quite a number of decent hard working people still at USAirways and its owned companys that are still working hard. Without this America West takeover things were looking pretty grim for the long term. I am of the opinion that even more people will be let go from the rank and file and management of all levels, after all America West Holdings will be in charge, they are going to use the name and get the operation at a bargain, for eveyyone involved I hope it works out. I am in a different industry now and I do not miss the uncertainty but I do miss the great people that I worked with for over a decade. Good luck to all.

Both US Airways and America West have been bankrupt and emerged from their formal reorganization, the two companies each obtained a federal loan guarantee, and the new holding company has attracted at least $1.5 billion in equity.

The two companies continue to prove the analysts wrong, the carrier’s have received guaranteed loans over $1 billion, and the new business entity has multiple investors willing to invest another $1.5 billion.

The new investors have seen the business plan and want to invest in the new business enterprise. These investors are willing to put their mouth where the money is because they believe it's a good investment.

Meanwhile, the analysts continue to criticize the companies with nothing at risk and continue to be proven wrong.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
The new investors have seen the business plan and want to invest in the new business enterprise. These investors are willing to put their mouth where the money is because they believe it's a good investment.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="272382"][/post]​
Good tax write off. Not all investments are for profit.

coachrowsey said:
Great post & yes the other airline employees need to stay out of this.
AA your turn is comming.
[post="272335"][/post]​

By 2006 AA employees will be getting huge pay INCREASES and improved retirement plans.Our management knows what they are doing and they managed to avert C11BK in 2003.Things have never looked better at AA and AA will be the last non-C11 legacy standing when the dust clears.
SWA had better hope AA does not take them on at Love Field because AA can go international direct from Love Field.

USAir757 said:
If I were you, I'd put a picture of Douglas Parker on your bedroom ceiling so you can go to sleep knowing he's probably the only chance U has got left.
[post="272339"][/post]​
or while you sleep he craps all over U....... :lol: :blink:

Did I just read that NW is going to Fire 53% of their Mchnics? WoW! Oh, thats right, you people have wonderful Full Of SH#@ Neil Cohen. God Help You! He did not help us! :down:

North by Northwest said:
"You can bet your A$$ it's coming for AA...and it's coming for DL , CO and NW too.

The tone has been set for this industry...and U and UA are just the Poster Children for it. The rest will follow suit..or fall by the wayside." I wouldn't hold my breath on that one... MANY are sadly under the delusion that the carriers in BK have set the "new" standard with which to operate a viable airline. Neither of the two (that is sucking the life out of the industry) has proven that they can survive IN BK let alone OUT of it.
It is the idea that "we must pull everone down" to our level in BK "woe us" losing our jobs, so lets screw those not in BK. Lets take the WHOLE industry down with us. Sorry for your BK. But I don't give a damn about YOUR job...when you are hoping that we lose OURS.
"The tone has been set for this industryand U and UA are just the Poster Children" You act as if that is some kind of an accomplishment? Remeber those words when both are written off into the history pages.
[post="272342"][/post]​

fear

Fear ? No its life when you work for a company with 3 billion in cash and a workable business plan for the future.

What was the U plan? Pray to god someone pitys and buys you up. Lucky day might just come to pass. Then again you might be in for the giant AWA screw job. Time will tell.