Question for D-141/M members

tug_slug

Veteran
Sep 9, 2002
www.usaviation.com
This post is meant mainly for the individuals that feel a no vote is the only answer to our problems.
Please give me 5 good reason why a no vote would improve our position as employees.

The reason Im asking is I keep thinking that Im missing something or I might have been misinformed on some key issues.
If you are not a member of D141/M and are not voting September 17, please refrain from commenting to this post.
Thank You

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/15/2002 4:43:31 PM tug_slug wrote:

This post is meant mainly for the individuals that feel a no vote is the only answer to our problems.

Please give me 5 good reason why a no vote would improve our position as employees.

The reason Im asking is I keep thinking that Im missing something or I might have been misinformed on some key issues.

If you are not a member of D141/M and are not voting September 17, please refrain from commenting to this post.

Thank You
----------------
[/blockquote]

1. I've already given back once and it made two people very, very rich - neither of which was not me.

2. Mechanics, utility, stock clerks, q&a and planning (sorry if there are any I missed) are essential to the operation of this company. We do not like being put on the back burner while the company cooks up a deal with the pilots and then told to take it or leave it.

3. The company and the IAM have not explored all the options for cost savings. I want the corporate inefficencies (such as the 8 hour day in base maintenance and reciept and dispatch) addressed before they take a dime from me.

4. This seems like a better deal for the IAM than me. I hate to say it but the IAM has been on the property far too long and is awfully comfortable with management. Instead of fighting the company and representing its membership, the IAM is MIA.

5. Remember parity? Remember how we settled for that? They begged us to take that and told us it would save the airline. Now they even what that back. It costs this amount for quality maintenance work, period. Consider it a fixed cost, Dave. Look for your cuts elsewhere.

6. They gave out bonuses. Big bonuses - $40K for Nardello, for example. They want to cut my pay?

7. No restrictions on management pay raises when the good times come again. We will be locked in, working for El Salvador wages while financing the fortunes of those who on top.

8.They refuse to negotiate. I can read the writing on the wall - The Ambiguously Gay Duo ran off with billions in the 1990s leaving US Airways in a lurch. Add that to the sand rats putting commercial airliners in the WTC and Pentagon. We are in a financial mess, go figure. So, I don't have a problem with helping out. But our refusal of the plan shoved down our throats means no - it means get back to negotiating something that is acceptable and disagreeable to both sides, not just us.

tug_slug....[1]Send a message to the unresponsive IAM that putting their own self interest ahead of the membership's wishes will no longer be tolerated......... [2]Send a message to Dave that inserting grievances into concessionary proposals and expecting the membership to vote it out of existance will not be tolerated..[BTW] I was one of the 200 or so mechanics that was furloughed out of seniority order.. FORCE MAJEURE ...........[3].....Dropping a take it or leave it proposal into the membership's lap and then having the arrogance of sending the SAME proposal back for a second vote..........[4]Expecting the membership to vote away hard fought benefits with little chance of getting them back....[5]Having no stipulation in the proposal that when the company starts making money,,we will be able to begin to get our concessions back before the 6.5 years - at least -is up....Thank You

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/15/2002 6:12:35 PM N513AU wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/15/2002 4:43:31 PM tug_slug wrote:

Thank You
----------------
[/blockquote]

1. I've already given back once and it made two people very, very rich - neither of which was not me.

2. Mechanics, utility, stock clerks, q&a and planning (sorry if there are any I missed) are essential to the operation of this company. We do not like being put on the back burner while the company cooks up a deal with the pilots and then told to take it or leave it.

3. The company and the IAM have not explored all the options for cost savings. I want the corporate inefficencies (such as the 8 hour day in base maintenance and reciept and dispatch) addressed before they take a dime from me.

4. This seems like a better deal for the IAM than me. I hate to say it but the IAM has been on the property far too long and is awfully comfortable with management. Instead of fighting the company and representing its membership, the IAM is MIA.

5. Remember parity? Remember how we "settled" for that? They begged us to take that and told us it would save the airline. Now they even what that back. It costs this amount for quality maintenance work, period. Consider it a fixed cost, Dave. Look for your cuts elsewhere.

6. They gave out bonuses. Big bonuses - $40K for Nardello, for example. They want to cut my pay?

7. No restrictions on management pay raises when the good times come again. We will be locked in, working for El Salvador wages while financing the fortunes of those who on top.

8.They refuse to negotiate. I can read the writing on the wall - The Ambiguously Gay Duo ran off with billions in the 1990s leaving US Airways in a lurch. Add that to the sand rats putting commercial airliners in the WTC and Pentagon. We are in a financial mess, go figure. So, I don't have a problem with helping out. But our refusal of the plan shoved down our throats means "no" - it means get back to negotiating something that is acceptable and "disagreeable" to both sides, not just us.

----------------
[/blockquote]
You forgot the last, most important reason. You like free government cheese!

Hey oldie,, I kinda hope you also like free cheese,, Cause if this is voted down,, you're going too..