Question on the 450 AMT'S to OSM'S

Jul 18, 2008
Last rif I went back into a osm shop for 7 years :( are the 450 they are taking about making osm's a permanent deal or will I be able to return to amt once a spot comes open?

Last rif I went back into a osm shop for 7 years :( are the 450 they are taking about making osm's a permanent deal or will I be able to return to amt once a spot comes open?
My understanding is that you will be moved back to a non-OSM position as one of those becomes available.

Remember that all OSM's are not A&P's and could be drawn from other AMT'S such as Machinist etc.

When the company stated they required 450 OSM'S on top of the current 554 in TUL, surely that was to include all of Title I.

When bumped to OSM, you will be placed on the OSM scale, so when the promotion comes,it will be back to A&P and License Premiums that come with it. By then we should've negotiated our way to industry average.

What is the LBO OSM percentage going to be at both bases?

When AFW closes where are they going to bump?

If OSM was a made a mechanic permanent position, everyone of them would eventually leave. The FBO's would cease to be the stepping stones to a main line carrier, as the company could be used in that function.

Of course check with union local....

"When AFW closes where are they going to bump?"

Outside of having relatives in another nearby station/base, where would any guy go that wishes to stay at AA? 250 mi N to TULE, of course!
I would imagine MANY of those guys are headed up here-if there seniority will get em here.

Outside of having relatives in another nearby station/base, where would any guy go that wishes to stay at AA? 250 mi N to TULE, of course!
I would imagine MANY of those guys are headed up here-if there seniority will get em here.
The question then remains will an OSM wage be able to maintain commute if necessary the way TWA do today only at full mechanic wages..

The answer is the same at OSM wages as it is at AMT wages. Do they have an offer making as much somewhere closer to home, with equal benefits and are they willing to drop a few weeks of vacation and start over. My guess is alot of guys will at least take the downgrade and move at least temporarily.

IF - there is NO contract after abrogation (as advertised by the darling twu) and the negotiations actually DO start at de facto "Day One", there will be no seniority considered for anything - only the ability to produce a satisfactory amount of negative pressure will have any bearing on one's ability to hold a job, exactly as if one were working in an office position.

Just repeating (with a bit of explaination) what was stated by the twu infestation.

IF - there is NO contract after abrogation (as advertised by the darling twu) and the negotiations actually DO start at de facto "Day One", there will be no seniority considered for anything - only the ability to produce a satisfactory amount of negative pressure will have any bearing on one's ability to hold a job, exactly as if one were working in an office position.

Just repeating (with a bit of explaination) what was stated by the twu infestation.

So we can all understand this statement....
If contract is abrogated......THERE IS NO SENIORITY?

We will all have ZERO seniority the day of abrogation? IS THIS CORRECT?

If there is anything positive about having a union, SENIORITY is foremost in importance!

So we can all understand this statement....
If contract is abrogated......THERE IS NO SENIORITY?

We will all have ZERO seniority the day of abrogation? IS THIS CORRECT?

If there is anything positive about having a union, SENIORITY is foremost in importance!

That's what has been spun by the twu and minions in my area - I'm simply repeating their words.

No - it doesn't sound correct and no doubt is part of the misinformation campaign.

That's what has been spun by the twu and minions in my area - I'm simply repeating their words.

No - it doesn't sound correct and no doubt is part of the misinformation campaign.

Oh I believe you..It seems the international is more afraid of a NO vote than the company.

Oh I believe you..It seems the international is more afraid of a NO vote than the company.

They are more afraid of a No Vote than the company because they do not want to spend millions of dollars out of their coffers to represent your interest in BK court.

Always remember with the TWU the most important thing is dues, going to court will make them dues negative for the duration of the BK.

The main TWU Stooge in your area is married to a Stock Clerk and both are likely to take the early out.
$80,000 to leave, not bad for them.

If there is no seniorty then there is no "No Strike Clause" either, does anyone believe the company is in this to create a work place war? Come on! They would have more wildcat sit downs every week than you could imagine, we would win that war, and they are not interested in fighting that battle.

Back