Amt 2 Paycode

Bentwrench

Nov 21, 2003
Could someone from the TWU please tell me where in the contract it says that an AMT that displaced an OSM, and lost his license pay, can be sent back to the floor to work as an AMT with license pay whenever it is convenient for the company?! Without regards to seniority and then sent back to the OSM shop when the company is done with them! But if a bid for an AMT position becomes available they cannot bid it because they are an OSM? I don't remember this little tid bit of info when you guys were scaring all of these guys into voting yes for the concessions! I hope that someone answers I am dying to hear the reasoning behind this one! And don't tell me that I should be glad for the guy because he is making $5 more per hour that day, if the company needs more mechs then call the guy back permanently!!!

AA has the right to control the head count in each title group. In order to be called back to that title group AA has to increase the head count. At this time they are unwilling to do this.

The contract allows labor loans, along with this, a pay increase during the time you are performing those duties. No different than an acting C/C.

Unfortunately AA will abuse this to the limits. The contract also spells out limitations on doing this type of Labor Loans, Contact your local officer for a copy.

Then why aren't they allowed to bid an AMT position when they are posted? I don't mean a station transfer but a position at our base. As far as labor loans do you mean that if the company wants me to go and buff the airplane that I am obligated to do so? and if they need a mechanic that they can take a cleaner that has a license and have him work on the airplane? they are the same title group just like the AMT/OSM. I have a copy of the contract and this is what I read about AMT's bumping into an OSM shop.

Article 15 Reduction in force I didn't read anything about being put back on the floor at the whim of the company.

(4) The parties have agreed that if an Aviation Maintenance Technician, as a result of a reduction in force, must bump back into a shop/area designated as an Overhaul Support
Mechanic shop/area, he will carry his pay and license/skill premiumclassification and chart rate
with him to the Overhaul Support Mechanic shop/area. He will not receive any License
Premium or any Skill Premium.
(a) He will maintain his premium classification and chart rate until his seniority will
warrant assignment to an area requiring his skill level, wherein he will then be covered by
the provisions of the Agreement governing that new shop/area.

How long have you been working for the kompany? You are just now figuring out what the twu is really about. Preserving their dues structure and not your pay. Are you ready to sign a card yet?

Dissident, how do you know that I haven't signed a card? That was awfully assuming of you. The union currently representing us says that they want to keep the members informed. All I want, as a dues paying member is a straight answer from someone in the twu to this question. If an AMT that has bumped to OSM can be labor loaned back to AMT then why can't he bid an AMT position at his own base?

Bentwrench said:
Could someone from the TWU please tell me where in the contract it says that an AMT that displaced an OSM, and lost his license pay, can be sent back to the floor to work as an AMT with license pay whenever it is convenient for the company?! Without regards to seniority and then sent back to the OSM shop when the company is done with them! But if a bid for an AMT position becomes available they cannot bid it because they are an OSM? I don't remember this little tid bit of info when you guys were scaring all of these guys into voting yes for the concessions! I hope that someone answers I am dying to hear the reasoning behind this one! And don't tell me that I should be glad for the guy because he is making $5 more per hour that day, if the company needs more mechs then call the guy back permanently!!!
Bentwrench:
Cio is telling you that the company can labor loan you, I believe its for up to 90 days. As for being able to bid back into an AMT slot, it would follow that all AMTs need to be recalled before you would be able to bid, otherwise you would go back to an AMT slot out of seniority, for example, say you have a sen date of 1/1/97 and some one else has a date of 3/4/01, and they bid an AMT slot and you don't, they would get the AMT slot while you are stuck in the OSM slot, hope this helps clear things up a bit.

A/CFIXER

Thanks for the lesson in seniority.......I have a 91 date so this doesn’t directly affect me. So you think that it is ok for the company to take OSM’s out of the wide body structure shop and the door shop and put them on the floor as an AMT? Why would the company call any AMTs back as long as they can have “mechanics for a dayâ€￾? I say if the company needs more mechanics then call them back.

Not only did the TWU advocate giving away our pay and benefits, they advocate giving away work rules that protect our seniority. The easier question to answer is what all did they advocate to give away? Here is the short answer to that question- The farm!!!

And here is the long answer- The entire farm!!!

As it stands right now we would be just as well off being non-union. Currently the TUL local is over a year behind in arbitration cases because they have given up representing and now are focused on self-preservation. The TWU will say that is AMFA's fault but, AMFA would not be here today if the TWU had taken care of business and accepted change from within. God knows many have tried and have been thrown out!

Oh, did we talk about the secret letters of agreement? They get deeper everyday!

Checking it Out said:
AA has the right to control the head count in each title group. In order to be called back to that title group AA has to increase the head count. At this time they are unwilling to do this.

The contract allows labor loans, along with this, a pay increase during the time you are performing those duties. No different than an acting C/C.

Unfortunately AA will abuse this to the limits. The contract also spells out limitations on doing this type of Labor Loans, Contact your local officer for a copy.
Oh, now it is AA that controls the headcount?

I thought the TEAM TWU and the gang of sheep like stooges were controlling the headcount? To the tune of 10,000 jobs saved last reported, I believe.

It is humorous indeed how when headcount equals a negative " the company" did it, and when headcount equals a positive, then "TEAM TWU" saved you from yourselves.

If TEAM TWU negotiated and signed the letter of agreement regarding short term labor loans, then how is the AA going to "abuse" the letter? CIO, you are damn fool, plain and simple.

Let em get this straight, TEAM TWU negotiates new labor laon procedures and now if AA uses that concession it is abuse. COME ON, GET BACK ON THE PLANET FOR A REALITY CHECK!

Bentwrench,
Seniority forget about it ! Just like it has been said before"they can do that, brother" What you are referring to is the new rules. Its called the 7 day labor loan. Anyone can be labor loaned for 7 days regardless of seniority to anywhere on the base then they return to their home shop for 3 days and then get loaned again for 7 days regardless of seniority. I do not know if this is a extra letter of agreement or if the old 90 day labor loan had been clear cut like the rest of the agreement. So the key point is the TWU expertly negotiated away your seniority rights, too bad they(TWU international) cant come up with a scam to have a insurance company sell us a seniority policy or some bs like that.

Bentwrench said:
A/CFIXER

Thanks for the lesson in seniority.......I have a 91 date so this doesn’t directly affect me. So you think that it is ok for the company to take OSM’s out of the wide body structure shop and the door shop and put them on the floor as an AMT? Why would the company call any AMTs back as long as they can have “mechanics for a dayâ€￾? I say if the company needs more mechanics then call them back.
1st off I didn't say it was "OK" for the company to do what they did, and it really dosen't matter who negociated what into the contract, the fact is that the contract is a legal and binding document and if you refuse to go to as a labor loan as the contract states then you may be fired for insubordination, pure and simple. Don't get me wrong here, I agree with you about the company not recalling AMTs, but there are ways of dealing with the labor loan issue when you are sent to a different shop, be it for a day or week, and if you work within the rules, ie use the MM/SRM/AARD etc. for everything you do, the company will rethink its use of labor loans, since they have got so use to you doing your job by memory and not by the book.

Latest posts