Ramp Rat Voting results second update

Freedom,
nobody said a vote didn't count. It does, but at this point, it will only count towards unity among union brothers and sisters [no vote], or be a yes vote for your company. I know that sounds painful to you but you must be willing to accept the truth so you can move forward.

The basis for your reasoning of a yes vote is unfounded but I presume conditioned on the improbabilities that there will be a 100% outcome of all remaining voters and that about 70% of them would vote yes. I can assure you with the utmost of confidence that PIT's 450 voters are 'convining' No votes. The East far outnumber the west and I can also assure you that the remaining votes will most likely be in the neighborhood of 90% No's based on key people I have spoken with in various stations.
Freedom, I understand your frustrations but it's time to look up at the scoreboard bud. It's for your own good. Join the team instead of fighting the good results.

Freedom, and anyone else who is concerned about my statements of fact, kindly pick up a phone and call PHL or CLT, LAS, PHX, DCA for yourself and you will find that there is nothing secret about their tallies. The votes were counted and just because the I'll Ask Management union is now 'mum' doesn't mean CLT didn't vote 97% No.

regards,

Hey! We out West are again fed up with the results of the Legacy Airline that about went Belly Up! America West Was a great airline and please remember you guys in the East lived on better wages for the last 20 years because they surmise that out west we have a lower Cost of Living. Well, it ain't so. So remember, you ALL put US in a real nice PICKLE. And, again we will All out West be working Two jobs and constantly working 16 hour doubles to make us for your LOUSY 17.50+. Thanks, I can hardly wait (which many of us probably can't wait for) the next 6 months and higher insurance without the raises. So, quit GLOATING! Just hope the Government will get the process done before too long. Boy I for one wish we never set eyes on US Airways!

lithuanian-
What I posted is what your friend said...that was gloating
I just wanted to remind people what was stated in the past.
We all have our own burdens . Yours are no more important
than anyone else's. The majority voted against this. That doesn't
make it right but it is what the majority voted. I hope the next
time we need to vote there will be a more uniform consensus and
that we see major improvements from a profitable airline. I'm sorry
if you felt I was pouring salt into the wound,that was not my intent.

My friend, Freedom, was there for all the pickets. He came from no where. Many of us came to protest to make a difference. Don't think AWA doesn't want to improve things. We were sure that merging US Air was our ticket. All it brought was indifference. We loved our company. Now, we have to deal with you guys. And you have made us ONE UNUSUAL AIRLINE. No one complained about AWA. We have taken all you S###!. No. We didn't want to wait for better. We are willing to go forward. YOU, on the otherhand want it ALL back. Remember, we are in it for years foward. Compass tells us we have to be players into the global airlines. Why, do the old players of the old US Airways think it should be the entirely same as it was and only better. Your opinion is very Archaic. REMEMBER, we are only Ramp agents, not brain surgeons. How much schooling did it take? And in Phoenix most people have second jobs. Wish we could've made this a CAREER! How come you are going to make us wait?

Boss Canale?

Last time I checked he was elected by the membership of District Lodge 141, unlike you who became boss of the three failed unions you attempted to start, alone with Pruitt, you APPOINTED yourself Grand Poobaa and still failed to gather enought support.

Don't let the facts get in your way!

does anyone know if a fleet contract has ever been voted No on. whether it be WN/UA/AA?

US Airways fleet Service voted no on the 1998 contract, they went back to the table and brought us the improved, but still not great 1999 contract.

Was it actually a NO vote, or did they scrap it before a vote took place? I seem to recall that the IAM got tons of negative feedback when it was presented to the membership, and it never even reached the voting stage. I personally got to speak with one of the AGC's at that time, and told him exactly what we thought about it. The 1998 contract was nothing more than a copy of the PPG with a bunch of IAM and company signatures on the last page. We should have known their intentions way back then, as outsourcing language was all over this thing.
Just think how happy most of us would be today if we could have that 1999 CBA in place...... :angry:

Boss Canale?

Last time I checked he was elected by the membership of District Lodge 141, unlike you who became boss of the three failed unions you attempted to start, alone with Pruitt, you APPOINTED yourself Grand Poobaa and still failed to gather enought support.

Don't let the facts get in your way!

I too remember Nelson's and Pruitt's little circus they had going on back then. I did not know Tim that well but I did know Pruitt, and he was not one of my favorite people. Anyway my point is that happened a long time ago, so what on earth dose it have to do with the voting outcome of OUR (fleet service) TA? Don't you get it? Tim's reference to "Boss Canale" is his 'term of endearment', as it were for Mr. Canale. In the simplest terms I could possibly put it: The salutation "Boss Canale", is merely Tim's way of showing total disrespect for both him and the IAM, which is his right to do so. It has nothing to do with any “facts" getting in to anybody’s way. Your total and unyielding obedience to the IAM and it’s doctrine would be comical if it were not so sad.

bird

lithuanian-
What I posted is what your friend said...that was gloating
I just wanted to remind people what was stated in the past.
We all have our own burdens . Yours are no more important
than anyone else's. The majority voted against this. That doesn't
make it right but it is what the majority voted. I hope the next
time we need to vote there will be a more uniform consensus and
that we see major improvements from a profitable airline. I'm sorry
if you felt I was pouring salt into the wound,that was not my intent.

Wait...you can still change your vote.....it worked in the East.... :lol:

Was it actually a NO vote, or did they scrap it before a vote took place? I seem to recall that the IAM got tons of negative feedback when it was presented to the membership, and it never even reached the voting stage.

It was actually a No vote, I think you are referring to the concessionary contract of May 1995 shortly after we voted in the IAM. All of the groups had concessionary contracts on the table, but the FA's voted No and then all were yanked and never voted on.

It was actually a No vote, I think you are referring to the concessionary contract of May 1995 shortly after we voted in the IAM. All of the groups had concessionary contracts on the table, but the FA's voted No and all were yanked and never voted on.
Johnny is right. The 1995 concessionary contract that would have forced fleet to get 8% wage cuts never made it to a vote since the stews voted it down.
In 1999, the ramp voted down a horrible contract endorsed by boss frieberger. Nonetheless, the contract you folks are voting on now represents the worse contract I believe I have ever seen brought back...and you're company is making billions at this time.

FWIW: Fleet needs to stay solid. What I mean is I have received quite a few communications of workers wondering what the IAM's plan B is. Personally, I don't think they have one. Nonetheless, I don't think it matters provided the workers stay with 'plan A', which means stay solid together. Solidarity is what matters. What matters is that the workers are networked and solid, and that will get things moving. Doug Parker had a deal with Boss Canale and now US AIRWAYS sees quite clearly that Canale can't come through with his end of the handshake.
Even if Canale is telling Parker to just offer the same thing repackaged, Parker understands that Canale has 'lost control' of his membership and can not take him at his word.

Many stations are 'dialed in' however some are not. Would like more 'westies' dialed in, and FWIW, BOS and TPA are yet to be networked in. If you would like to tie in to our network then email me at [email protected]. It is wise to plan now so that Fleet Service can be ready if the IAM/Company tries anything with the vote, revote, or possibly postpones the arbitration again.

The vote is clear, Arbitrate.

regards,

Tim, have the NO votes that you've seen add up to more than 50% of eligible voters yet Or might they coming up?
I just wonder if the Union will say "Sorry folks, 50% of ELIGIBLE voters having not voted NO, the TA has been ratified".
They're hard to pin down on this issue.

Latest posts