Rampers Transition Wk 11/6

No you could not yank them around for years, since you never read the CBA, nor worked under you have no idea or clue of what you post about.

There are specific time frames in the process, and there have been members terminated for it before.

So since you claim to know it all, dispute it with facts.

Like I said, stick to the issue, the IRS, nor Verizon has anything to do with non-payment of dues nor is it even in the same ballpark.

After the 60 days the member has 15 days upon noticifation to pay up or be terminated, and they can appeal it back to the company after the termination within 10 days.

First of all in this case the union is not bound to represent the person as they are not a member anymore.

Second, the IAM does save every single piece of mail in regard to the non-payment, as everything is sent certified.

The two personal visits to the member are documented and with witnesses.

See you don't know what you are talking about.

Payment must be made in full within the 15 day period or the member gets terminated, see it has happened before. It is a condition of employment agreed to by the company and under the RLA.

Something you don't know about.

Once again you post of things you have no idea about.

And if the members chooses to push it they have to pay the reinstatement also which is $125 plus their back dues.

The IAM saves every piece including the envelopes.

The company makes the employee meet with the General Chairman while the employee is at work.

If and when the employee pays their is a reciept issued as per Labor-Management Reporting Disclosure act all monies taken in and spent must be accounted for.

This is not any union's with a closed shop clause first rodeo. Since you have never been involved with the process why do you think you know it all, when you are wrong on all accounts?

Why don't you stick to the facts, oh wait you can't cause you are an expert on everything eventhough you have never read the CBA language, been an employee of US, a member of the IAM and never went through the process.

Come back when you can actually stick to issue instead of trying to deflect and dodge and throw in things that have nothing to do with the actual member's responsibility.

For the millionith time, paying dues and being current is a condition of employment, that the member is bound by and the company is also bound by it per the CBA and the RLA.

The process has been tested in courts and arbitration and the union has prevailed when the steps are followed properly.

So keep grasping and keep trying as you are wrong once again.

Ah,

Once again you show your true colors.

Stick to the topic at hand bobbyboy.

Oh that is right, you cant cause you are wrong so instead you delfect, dodge, attack and insult.

Keep trying and we all see what you are really about.

Guess you cant be an adult and admit you are wrong. No run along and dream up something else that you think you know it all about.

And the majority of the ramp are topped out and make almost double that.

And dues are $38 a month for most rampers, if it is worth losing your job over $76 then have at it and no one forces anyone to take a job that they know starts out at $9.59 an hour, but once again, most rampers are topped out, so keep trying.

Come on IAM for once do us right, its the week of Nov 06 and tomorrow is Friday. Keep us informed with the transition talks

Regards, JR

JR you don't know the IAM. They have NEVER informed anyone about anything. You will read about it in the newspaper or hear it on the tv before you hear from the IAM. They WANT to keep you in the dark. The IAM is only for the IAM.

The facts are;

1. You can get off automatic dues withholding - it's not mandatory.

2. Then you can use every trick known to man to drag out payments, make partial payments, and stay one step ahead of termination.

3. The company terminates, not the union. As Bob says, how motivated would they be?

I have often thought this is the ONLY strategy available to agents to get the IAM's attention. Divert the cash flow.

As much as I hate to agree with 700, the basics of his arguments are accurate. In a union shop (note-the term closed shop should not be used since it is illegal), all individuals must tender money to the union. They do not have to be members of the union but must pay the same amount of money to the union as the members do as dues. Money maybe withheld when it is going to used for political purposes. Also, fines levied by the union against members are legally enforcible, meaning they can go through the courts to obtain a judgement to force payment of fines. The union cannot find non-members.

This is an unoffical update as give to me by a shop steward this eveening.
He advised me the IAM walked out as the company was only willing to offer a $1.50 per hour raise or something there abouts not 100% sure on the amount.
Any way if this is the case I am very angry & glad they walked, as of now nothing on the 141 website.

Sorry for the typos. It;s been a long day.

That's it??? What about the outsourcing issue, along with the recall pay rates of those on furlough?? Most of us would just like to be able to return to work at this point at the same level we left at. :blink:

The union walking is a sign the company refuses to bargain in good faith.

What else is new?

There is a great divide in this company between management who needs to get things done and management who could care less about the lives of the people who get things done.

It is the unions turn to divide and conquer.

Let management fight among themselves on whether they want the company to pay the price to keep our customers coming back.

Well 700UW,

We shall never know as I can't afford to make the payment on my car at $9.59/hr much less live indoors and eat as well. That's Living wage" being brought to you by the IAM. God in heaven I'd hate to see what it would be if it was non-union :D .

Piney if I'm using this inflation calculator right I can tell you exactly what an agent's starting non-union wage was in 1980, my first full year.
I remember making 14,000 which stands out in my mind because the previous year I had made 12,000 working part time at a grocery store. That same 14,000 in 2005 dollars is 35,555 which is more or less the same as top out agents make now.
I hope somebody double checks my numbers (go to google and ask for an inflation calculator)but if I'm right there is no wage ladder for fleet service to climb at U.

That seems to be correct. I know that prior to my furlough, I was earning close to what I had 20 years ago when I lived at home with my Parents. My wages did the trick back then, but couldn't even come close to paying the critical bills 20 years later. If the company isn't willing to work with the Union, maybe it is time to show some backbone already. The company doesn't have a BK court to hide behind now, and the IAM should step up their so called negotiating power if they have any. As we all know, force in numbers can send a very clear message to the top brass in the next 2 months if need be. :down: