"READ 'em and WEEP" !

Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
( Hey 'numb-nuts' / southwind )  Can YOU Count to 19  ???

1. Fraternal order of Police......(F O P )
2. AMTRAK Service Workers Council ......(A S W C)
3. BROTHERHOOD of LOCOMOTIVE Engineers ......(B L E T)
4. BROTHERHOOD of Rail Road Signalmen ...... ( B R S )
5.INTERNATIONAL BROTHERHOOD of Boilermakers and Blacksmiths ...... ( B B B )
6. Joint Committee of Carmen / Coach Cleans and Helpers ...... ( J C C )
7. SHEET METAL - AIR - RAIL and TRANSPORTATION WORKERS ...... ( S M A R T )
8. SMART Sheet Metal, formally S M W I A
9. SMART Conductors / North East Corridor, formally United Transportation Union ...... ( U T U )
10. SMART Conductors / Off Corridor, formally United Transportation Union off corridor ...... ( U T U )
11. SMART Yardmasters, formally United Transportation Union Rail Road Yard masters ( R Y A )
12. SMART Stewards, formally United Transportation Union Stewards
13. AMERICAN RAILWAY + AIRWAY SUPERVISORS ASSOCIATION ...... ( A R A S A )
14.AMERICAN TRAIN DISPATCHERS ASSOCIATION ...... ( A T D A )
15. BROTHERHOOD of MAINTAINANCE of WAY Employees ...... ( B M M E )
16. INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION of MACHINISTS ...... ( I A M )
17. INTERNATIONAL BROTHERHOOD of ELECTRICAL WORKERS ...... ( I B E W )
18. NATIONAL CONFERENCE of FIREMEN and OILERS ...... ( N C F O )
19. TRANSPORTATION COMMUNICATION INTERNATIONAL UNION .... ( T C U ).................................(That be M E ) !

Thats how Many UNIONS are on AMTRAK Property !
THOSE are MIDDLE CLASS Jobs !
THOSE (jobs) made America GREAT !

Just like "APPLE PIE and CHEVROLET"  !!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 1 person
Dog Wonder said:
In most jobs some one else pays your salary
yes someone besides you and the taxpayers but then most companys don't hve the government keeping them in business.Well Chevrolet did but as far as I know not apple pie

When you negotiate with the government for a raise, nobody seems to object.

Question for Bears... how many employees on the property actually voted to have those unions represent them? How many have a choice in saying "no" to paying for representation?

My understanding of the labor history there is most of those unions came from Penn Central and the other roads whose assets were dumped into the Amtrak bucket in 1971.

eolesen said:
When you negotiate with the government for a raise, nobody seems to object.

Question for Bears... how many employees on the property actually voted to have those unions represent them? How many have a choice in saying "no" to paying for representation?

My understanding of the labor history there is most of those unions came from Penn Central and the other roads whose assets were dumped into the Amtrak bucket in 1971.

Possible, about your Penn Central Point.

Fact(s) of the matter(s) Are;
Despite having to BEG for  Funds.............. UNLIKE THE AIRLINES and HIGHWAYS , Amtrak is in the best shape it's been in since it's inception in 71'.  And THAT is due in a HUGE way to the BEST CEO the railroad has EVER had.
I'm speaking of course of Joe Boardman, Who was a  R E P U B L I C A N   appointee to the FRA (Federal Railroad Administration). So when Joe happily testifies before the REPUG House,.......ASSS Holes like John Mica (R/FL) HAVE to listen.   You don't change a disfunctional culture (and thr RR's were the WORST / passenger AND freight) overnite, But I've seen Mr. Boardman DO IT right before my very eyes. TRUST ME, it's true.  He's not quite finished yet, but it's coming.  As for his ability to make 'lemonade out of LEMONS $$$'...(The LACK of GOP funding), he's been able to get individual states to work with AMTRAK ($$$), and there is NO Better example of that than Michigan to Chicago.
Michigan has an GOP governor (Snyder), who wants the best rail system for his state.  Obviously Snyder is NOT a MORON like Scotty Walker of Wisconcin, who could of had fast service from green bay, and madison to chicago via MKE.

Most of us Amtrak(ers) live in NON right to work states.  You and I will be DEAD, before the likes of MA/RI/CT/NY/NJ/DE/MD/IL/CA/WA ever become a RTW state.

NewHampshire Black Bears said:
( Hey 'numb-nuts' / southwind )  Can YOU Count to 19  ???

1. Fraternal order of Police......(F O P )
2. AMTRAK Service Workers Council ......(A S W C)
3. BROTHERHOOD of LOCOMOTIVE Engineers ......(B L E T)
4. BROTHERHOOD of Rail Road Signalmen ...... ( B R S )
5.INTERNATIONAL BROTHERHOOD of Boilermakers and Blacksmiths ...... ( B B B )
6. Joint Committee of Carmen / Coach Cleans and Helpers ...... ( J C C )
7. SHEET METAL - AIR - RAIL and TRANSPORTATION WORKERS ...... ( S M A R T )
8. SMART Sheet Metal, formally S M W I A
9. SMART Conductors / North East Corridor, formally United Transportation Union ...... ( U T U )
10. SMART Conductors / Off Corridor, formally United Transportation Union off corridor ...... ( U T U )
11. SMART Yardmasters, formally United Transportation Union Rail Road Yard masters ( R Y A )
12. SMART Stewards, formally United Transportation Union Stewards
13. AMERICAN RAILWAY + AIRWAY SUPERVISORS ASSOCIATION ...... ( A R A S A )
14.AMERICAN TRAIN DISPATCHERS ASSOCIATION ...... ( A T D A )
15. BROTHERHOOD of MAINTAINANCE of WAY Employees ...... ( B M M E )
16. INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION of MACHINISTS ...... ( I A M )
17. INTERNATIONAL BROTHERHOOD of ELECTRICAL WORKERS ...... ( I B E W )
18. NATIONAL CONFERENCE of FIREMEN and OILERS ...... ( N C F O )
19. TRANSPORTATION COMMUNICATION INTERNATIONAL UNION .... ( T C U ).................................(That be M E ) !

Thats how Many UNIONS are on AMTRAK Property !
THOSE are MIDDLE CLASS Jobs !
THOSE (jobs) made America GREAT !

Just like "APPLE PIE and CHEVROLET"  !!!!!!!!!!!

My goodness...no wonder its a losing proposition.

Need to jack up the pension funds?

Michigan has an GOP governor (Snyder), who wants the best rail system for his state.  Obviously Snyder is NOT a MORON like Scotty Walker of Wisconcin, who could of had fast service from green bay, and madison to chicago via MKE.
Trying to compare the approaches of Wisconsin and Michigan is ludicrous.
  • There hasn't been rail service between GRB and MKE since 1971. It died when Amtrak started. There also isn't a suitable high-speed routing left anymore. On the only routing still left, it's out of the way (inland via Fond Du Lac and Appleton) and CN has little interest in allowing Amtrak to use that routing. Nor would it be faster than driving up the shoreline on I-43...
  • GRB's population is just under 100,000. It barely supports air transportation... Even freight rail, there's just one, maybe two trains a day on the CN into GRB, one of which is simply passing thru on the way to Ontario.
  • From downtown Chicago, you can barely get across the border into Michigan in the same amount of time it takes to drive to MSN.
  • MSN is another community which has a hard time supporting air service. If it weren't for the medical community, the university and the state government (combined making up ~40% of the job market), they wouldn't have the service they do today.
  • the largest corridor for rail is CHI-MKE-MSP, which bypasses MSN and GRB by a pretty wide margin. The trucking corridors stay where the people live. With Michigan, the rail corridors follow the I-80 and I-96 corridors, as do the population centers.
Feel free to talk about this all you want, Bears. This is an area I know a little too well.

Most of us Amtrak(ers) live in NON right to work states.  You and I will be DEAD, before the likes of MA/RI/CT/NY/NJ/DE/MD/IL/CA/WA ever become a RTW state.
Ever think why those states have so many employees? Could it be the need subsidized transportation? Why is that?

eolesen said:
Trying to compare the approaches of Wisconsin and Michigan is ludicrous.
  • There hasn't been rail service between GRB and MKE since 1971. It died when Amtrak started. There also isn't a suitable high-speed routing left anymore. On the only routing still left, it's out of the way (inland via Fond Du Lac and Appleton) and CN has little interest in allowing Amtrak to use that routing. Nor would it be faster than driving up the shoreline on I-43...
  • GRB's population is just under 100,000. It barely supports air transportation... Even freight rail, there's just one, maybe two trains a day on the CN into GRB, one of which is simply passing thru on the way to Ontario.
  • From downtown Chicago, you can barely get across the border into Michigan in the same amount of time it takes to drive to MSN.
  • MSN is another community which has a hard time supporting air service. If it weren't for the medical community, the university and the state government (combined making up ~40% of the job market), they wouldn't have the service they do today.
  • the largest corridor for rail is CHI-MKE-MSP, which bypasses MSN and GRB by a pretty wide margin. The trucking corridors stay where the people live. With Michigan, the rail corridors follow the I-80 and I-96 corridors, as do the population centers.
Feel free to talk about this all you want, Bears. This is an area I know a little too well.

Ever think why those states have so many employees? Could it be the need subsidized transportation? Why is that?

Even sit GRIDLOCKED on I-95 from (soon to be) Portland Maine to Dam near Raleigh, NC.
And speaking of NC, they and VA are "All Aboard" ... working mightily with A -'TRAK.
Dear Lord, what becoming of those Nasty REPLUGS in MI/NC/VA ?

And your Right (dangerous F'n words to say to YOU)....about the fast 'filling in corridor of (from) CHI-MKE-MSP.
Makes one wonder WHY that ASSS-HOLE Walker turned down the 'choo-choo' money Barack was handing out to WI.

Hey. All I know is that a Shiit load of old RR stations along A-'TRAKS routes are get major league makeovers.
I wonder Why that is eolesen  ???????

And when I was on the TKT counter in CHI-Town, the 4 day a week 'CARDINAL' was LOADED with Tons of back-woods moron looking red-necks (with NO teeth) paying Big BUCKS to get to some God Forsaken Place in KAIN' - Tucky  !!!

Amtrak has taking every F'n punch that the House Replugs have hit then with, and refused to 'hit the mat' in 42 Years.
Joe Boardman is to passenger rail, as (uncle) BOBBY was to US Commercial Air.

Then there's the issue of "ERS"..(essential rail service), just like EAS.  Take a look at the route of the 'Empire Builder' (CHI-SEA/PDX) if you think I'm kidding.  Airports ?....Interstates?...Helll there's places in Montana where the train goes that are 50/75 miles from northern route 2 !

" ALL ABOARD"
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha