Reconfigured A321s

I knew these folks couldn't run a bubble gun machine----now were going to add one stop flights westbound and still keep the best A/C we got(75) running back and forth to MCO. Let me go to Scottsdale and get loaded with DP. :blink:
Maybe "being loaded" can explain the STUPID decisions being made out in the desert. This CIRCUS makes the folks at Ringling Brother's question "Why didn't WE think of that!" And these clowns want to go to China, LMFAO :lol:

I know the US Av peanut gallery has all the answers: Why if Parker is so inept, did HP come back from the post-9/11 brink to become a thriving profitable carrier and US didn't? What's an honest assessment of his batting average?

It's hard to believe that he screws up everything and the airline is still here and making money.
Uh, well I'm not sure where you thought this up, however I never recalled anyone saying that HP was "thriving". I will give you profitable but $5million per quarter is considered marginal and since they made that on the backs of there severely underpaid employees I wouldn't be to proud of that.

Who decided to buy 321's to begin with? Who never made a penny with 'em? Right and right.

"Pardon our dust" the sign says, but US was mostly dust when HP got it.
Who decided to buy 747's and fly them empty to Japan? Who never made a penny with'em? Who was the laughing stock of the airline industry? Who had the highest turnover of any major (if that's what you'd call it)? Who flies half @$$ed 757's to Hawaii? and last but never least (for all those VFF's out there) who considers Canada and Mexico "International"?

Oh yes and "pardon our dust" but HP would've taken anything it could get to set its sights beyond PHX. US might have been broke but at least they showed some class while they were doing it.

Very amusing read tonight. I am beginning to believe that Doug Parker is aspiring to be more like his cohort across town, um, I mean the sand dune, Jonathan Ornstein... :blink:

they are adding insult to injury by slapping ALL customers in the face by reducing the reliability of their performance.
And then again the AGENTS will finger it out or maybe not with antiquated restricted accountable SHARES

In general,
In general you do not run an airline like this
PAX
Cargo
SOW
ZFW
FOB
MTW/MLW

Its not rocket science someone care to explain

It's usually way too late to stop sales on the day of flight, or even (usually) in the three day period before flight. By then the flights are way oversold and it is way too late to do anything about it.

Stupid is as stupid does..... (Forrest Gump)
Then again the agents and flight crew will finger it out. Front line employees always do management knows this

Seatmaps on the "new" usairways.com show A321 F as being only 4 rows, although Y still starts at row 9. Checked a later date in Apr from PHL-LAX. Is this to indicate that the 321's are finally (and sadly) going in for the reconfig?

I know the US Av peanut gallery has all the answers: Why if Parker is so inept, did HP come back from the post-9/11 brink to become a thriving profitable carrier and US didn't? What's an honest assessment of his batting average?

It's hard to believe that he screws up everything and the airline is still here and making money.

He had two airlines with the benefit of two ATSB loans (artificially saving both from extinction) and two bankruptcies (to lower cost by court instead of management acumen).

Under those circumstances, the 7-year old running the lemonade stand at the end of my block could make money.

The guy who gets the biggest pat on the back in the legacy world is Arpey at AA.

Yes they were the first to recieve and ATSB loan to keep them in business as the regular financial markets would not loan them any money.

The ATSB did not even force concessions on HP because their employees were so lowly paid.

You spin as well as any I have ever seen. While it can be argued that you words are technically correct, the intended meaning of your words are clearly misleading.

HP was to sign and announce a normal funding transaction on 9/12/01. It had been fully negotiated and agreed upon pending the actual signing on 9/12/01. There was no crisis, it was normal business. Then on 9/11/01 the lenders changed their minds and refused to sign the agreed upon documents due to wholly external events not related in any way to the way that HP was being operated. All lenders for all airline businesses were not lending money after the morning of 9/11/01.

Don't let real facts get in your way.

I am sorry but this further shows that they just don't care about the customer. I wonder if they have balanced the extra cost of fuel stops, and related expenses caused by missed connections, late arrivals ,diversions, etc. against the potential revenue addition of perhaps 8 to 10 extra seats...

Couple that with the exodus of many frequent fliers to whom this is the last straw, and this will cost much more than they can hope to gain.

My email box has been deluged with emails from angry Elite members who say this is it--say bye bye to US Airways. Other airlines smell blood and are going out of their way to steal US customers.

Again, they underestimate the consumer backlash which is headed their way...

There was a segment on NBC Nightly News about Dick Cheney's Deep Vein Thrombosis condition, which they nicknamed "Economy Class Syndrome". US Airways reconfiguration plans will on exacerbate the potential of DVT for more passengers.

I thought I read somewhere that the new A321s on order have the higher thrust engines (33,000 lbs). How far will this translate into performance gains in the config they have been ordered with (16F/183Y?)? Is it possible that Tempe would intend on putting the higher thrust A321 on the transcon and relegate the older ones on the non-transcon routes?

PHL...

Good question about the 321 thrust performance...that might make a big difference in the performance of the a/c.

On that score, my post on this thread concerns the overall topic of 321 config. and the "AboutUS" Q&A from Andrew Nocella that started the firestorm.

I emailed Scott Kirby, Ed Bular and Andrew Nocella with concern about the fuel stops and just received a reply form kirby today about this issue.

He said that in fact the info in response to the question in "AboutUS" was wrong and in fact fuel stops are not anticipated nor expected on the few longer haul 321 routes. :up:
I assume a correction to the info is expected out soon form the company on this, based on his response.

Hope that settles this debate.

I emailed Scott Kirby, Ed Bular and Andrew Nocella with concern about the fuel stops and just received a reply form kirby today about this issue.

He said that in fact the info in response to the question in "AboutUS" was wrong and in fact fuel stops are not anticipated nor expected on the few longer haul 321 routes. :up:
I assume a correction to the info is expected out soon form the company on this, based on his response.

Hope that settles this debate.

Given that the 321s (And 320s and 319s on occasion) already get hit for fuel stops, and the reconfigured ones are heavier, I'm not quite sure how I follow.

Time will tell. This might have had some shred of credibility coming from Bular....

Back