Refurb'd Cabins

OMG! I've diagnosed Van!

He has Ducttapeitis!

but Van! there are SSSOOO many uses for duct tape!

who needs a bassinet when you have duct tape?

duct-tape-baby.jpg

Why bother renting a moving truck? Use the SuperDuct Tape!

oklahoma_girls.jpg

is Van's dog in heat? Tired of her dripping all over your leather furniture? Duct tape it!

duct%20tape%20dog.jpg

What a disappointment the new 767 interiors are. Most 767's that age are entering the desert at this point in their lives. Another example of the high cost of cheap.

I haven't seen overhead bins like that since the 1980's...and there's still going strong on US Airways. Try fitting a standard rollaboard in that.

Anyone who has flown on the Continental 767-200's and 767-400's (all of which were delivered post-2000) will know what I'm talking about. What a waste this is.

What a disappointment the new 767 interiors are. Most 767's that age are entering the desert at this point in their lives. Another example of the high cost of cheap.

I haven't seen overhead bins like that since the 1980's...and there's still going strong on US Airways. Try fitting a standard rollaboard in that.

Anyone who has flown on the Continental 767-200's and 767-400's (all of which were delivered post-2000) will know what I'm talking about. What a waste this is.

I've had no problem fitting my rollar board in the over head bin, with plenty of room for my laptop case and incidentals. Why don't you book a ticket on the aircraft and find out for yourself instead of commenting on a photograph.

I've had no problem fitting my rollar board in the over head bin, with plenty of room for my laptop case and incidentals. Why don't you book a ticket on the aircraft and find out for yourself instead of commenting on a photograph.

Try doing it wheels out...sideways doesn't count, my good man. And those old 767 overhead bins (the 727 70's style) are all the same...shallow as can be.

No thanks on the ticket. The pictures speak a thousand words....shame it's not the $1000 they want for a seat. I'll put my money on a cheaper ticket on a newer plane.

Kinglobjaws's huge photos make the bins and seats appear larger than they really are! :up:

My thumbnail photos on page 1 are of a NEW A321, not a refurbished one.

A couple of thoughts for DrBeth's post,

The 767 Envoy seats are slightly narrower than other seats in it's class, but nonetheless very comfortable. They are a huge upgrade over the previous seats- I can sleep comfortably in them.

When it comes to bins, I partially disagree. The 737 bins are definitely smaller, but the Airbus bins are very long, slightly taller and I can easily fit my entire suitcase handle facing out (and not sideways.)

Bobbie,

First off, a 767 is a great a/c, very powerful and currently is the most common of all twin-aisle planes in the world. Almost every airline that chooses to operate long-haul has 767 and knows what a worthwhile asset it is. You don't have to look across the waters, just look around. All the majors use it with the exception of NW. Look how many Delta has!

Your comments about the cabin are just the usual anything you can do to bash US type, so I really don't make much of light of them. The cabin colors are professional. The use of lighter and darker blues for seats and white bulkheads/tv's give the cabin an overall very clean-cut image that doesn't irritate the eyes. It makes for a very peaceful experience. Not to mention, heaps of other airlines use blue for their interior cabins, but we don't pick on them, do we? Why not?

-Kinglobjaw

Try doing it wheels out...sideways doesn't count, my good man. And those old 767 overhead bins (the 727 70's style) are all the same...shallow as can be.

No thanks on the ticket. The pictures speak a thousand words....shame it's not the $1000 they want for a seat. I'll put my money on a cheaper ticket on a newer plane.

I'm not your good man, and I could careless about your nonfactual visual opinion.