REJECT

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/4/2002 9:34:18 PM Segue wrote:

From reading the letter, the $5.2BB was not even close.

7% and 4 non-paid leave days will suddenly look good!
----------------
[/blockquote]
OK...I know this is going to get blasted but here goes (and don't take this too literally)
UAL Pilots=SWA Pilots
UAL F/A's= SWA F/A's
UAL Mechs = SWA Mechs

BTW...we also asked this same question...we wanted full retro, we got half. We wanted to get it but what did the company need....cash, today. It was stupid to pay the retro. We knew...didn't really push for it, they're more important issues. Even though it is all over now, can't we at least fire the IAM before we go.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/4/2002 9:34:18 PM Segue wrote:

From reading the letter, the $5.2BB was not even close.

7% and 4 non-paid leave days will suddenly look good!
----------------
[/blockquote]
OK...I know this is going to get blasted but here goes (and don't take this too literally)
UAL Pilots=SWA Pilots
UAL F/A's= SWA F/A's
UAL Mechs = SWA Mechs

BTW...we also asked this same question...we wanted full retro, we got half. We wanted to get it but what did the company need....cash, today. It was stupid to pay the retro. We knew...didn't really push for it, they're more important issues. Even though it is all over now, can't we at least fire the IAM before we go.

As an AA/TWA worker, let me wish all of you the best at UA. I know what you are going through and it isn't pleasent. Fight tooth and nail to keep your company together. You aren't dead yet and anyone that already has you buried and picking over the scraps doesn't know their history. Good luck to you all.
Mike

As an AA/TWA worker, let me wish all of you the best at UA. I know what you are going through and it isn't pleasent. Fight tooth and nail to keep your company together. You aren't dead yet and anyone that already has you buried and picking over the scraps doesn't know their history. Good luck to you all.
Mike

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 12/4/2002 5:58:30 PM Bob Owens wrote:
[P]What an ugly time in this industry[BR][BR]When was it ever any different. [BR][BR]----------------[/P][/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P]You can't be serious![BR][BR]When has the industry ever seen these kind of losses? When has our industry had our own airplanes used as cowardly weapons of terror? [BR][BR]You're downplaying the worst downturn the aviation industry has ever seen. [BR][BR]Different? You bet this is different![BR][/P]

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 12/4/2002 5:58:30 PM Bob Owens wrote:
[P]What an ugly time in this industry[BR][BR]When was it ever any different. [BR][BR]----------------[/P][/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P]You can't be serious![BR][BR]When has the industry ever seen these kind of losses? When has our industry had our own airplanes used as cowardly weapons of terror? [BR][BR]You're downplaying the worst downturn the aviation industry has ever seen. [BR][BR]Different? You bet this is different![BR][/P]

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/5/2002 4:39:33 AM Diversion wrote:

When has the industry ever seen these kind of losses? When has our industry had our own airplanes used as cowardly weapons of terror?

You're downplaying the worst downturn the aviation industry has ever seen.

Different? You bet this is different!
[/P]
----------------
[/blockquote]
In the tewnty two years I've been in this industry there has always been some sort of crisis looming. In the early eighties we saw the worst down turn up to that time in Aviation history.The losses the industry saw in the early eighties were unprecidented, so were the profits that followed. In the early 90s we had an even worse downturn. The losses of the early 90s made the losses of the eighties look like nothing, the profits that followed dwarfed any thing that they had ever made before, certainly much more than they made during regulation. Now we once again see staggering losses, but we have been through this before. The industry over time will recover as it has before. Sept 11 was a horrible day, I know, I was at JFK and watched it unfold before my eyes. But enough is enough, that singular event is not the cause of all our problems. Why do you keep bringing it up?

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/5/2002 4:39:33 AM Diversion wrote:

When has the industry ever seen these kind of losses? When has our industry had our own airplanes used as cowardly weapons of terror?

You're downplaying the worst downturn the aviation industry has ever seen.

Different? You bet this is different!
[/P]
----------------
[/blockquote]
In the tewnty two years I've been in this industry there has always been some sort of crisis looming. In the early eighties we saw the worst down turn up to that time in Aviation history.The losses the industry saw in the early eighties were unprecidented, so were the profits that followed. In the early 90s we had an even worse downturn. The losses of the early 90s made the losses of the eighties look like nothing, the profits that followed dwarfed any thing that they had ever made before, certainly much more than they made during regulation. Now we once again see staggering losses, but we have been through this before. The industry over time will recover as it has before. Sept 11 was a horrible day, I know, I was at JFK and watched it unfold before my eyes. But enough is enough, that singular event is not the cause of all our problems. Why do you keep bringing it up?

We carry substantially less mail and freight than we used to prior to 9/11. I'm quite certain that the revenue generated from cargo was greater than $7 million per day. Since we don't have the facilities supplied at our airports(ie. the proper X-Ray machines) to carry/generate this revenue, shouldn't the Gov't at least support our industry during the period where these facilities are void? UAL's balance sheet/Loan guarantee proposal would be more financially sound if we generated more revenue right? What am I missing?

We carry substantially less mail and freight than we used to prior to 9/11. I'm quite certain that the revenue generated from cargo was greater than $7 million per day. Since we don't have the facilities supplied at our airports(ie. the proper X-Ray machines) to carry/generate this revenue, shouldn't the Gov't at least support our industry during the period where these facilities are void? UAL's balance sheet/Loan guarantee proposal would be more financially sound if we generated more revenue right? What am I missing?