Reserve Flight Attendants need to quit your #*^@$ing!

I am so sick and tired of the same old biatching from the reserves. I am soooooo over it. Let me say this first and formost. I know it's a bad system, but it's the one you have, so deal with it, or leave. Simple....
I have heard how bad it is, and yes in Jan, I will also be a reserve... WhooptiDoo... It doesn't matter that I will only be a reserve for a month before I am made to transfer. But it is the card Im dealt. I will deal with it and move on. The reserves on our property seem to think block holders owe them something. Guess what, we don't... We like you paid our price with the many years of service we have already provided for this company. When we were hired, we sat reserve like yourself, unfortunately for you, over the last 10 years or so, there has been little to no growth and only BK's and bad contracts to show for it.
That's not the blockholders fault for that. It' is you, the lonely reserve who would rather sit and biatch about how bad it is, than move on to a more lucrative career change. When we all got hired they all asked us the same questions:
Will you work weekends
Will you work holidays
Will you work long hours
ETC, ETC, !!!
Nothing has changed except this airline has had no growth for you. It is the growth that will bring about the change in your status. So, why should I as a blockholder feel for you, when it is you that needs the career change more than us.
Seniority is everything to the airline industry...
Give that up in any way and you are doomed...
Period.
So like the song says "Get over It"

Just my opinion...
This is just one of the reasons why you will be getting the cold shoulder by most of us when you and all your cronies transfer to PHL. Hmmm let's see you are still holding a block in PIT in December which means you are old, I think it is time to drop the stud party of your screen name. Hardly at a stud at your age. Well we might be on reserve but at least we have our youth, something that you will never have.

I am so sick and tired of the same old biatching from the reserves. I am soooooo over it. Let me say this first and formost. I know it's a bad system, but it's the one you have, so deal with it, or leave. Simple....
I have heard how bad it is, and yes in Jan, I will also be a reserve... WhooptiDoo... It doesn't matter that I will only be a reserve for a month before I am made to transfer. But it is the card Im dealt. I will deal with it and move on. The reserves on our property seem to think block holders owe them something. Guess what, we don't... We like you paid our price with the many years of service we have already provided for this company. When we were hired, we sat reserve like yourself, unfortunately for you, over the last 10 years or so, there has been little to no growth and only BK's and bad contracts to show for it.
That's not the blockholders fault for that. It' is you, the lonely reserve who would rather sit and biatch about how bad it is, than move on to a more lucrative career change. When we all got hired they all asked us the same questions:
Will you work weekends
Will you work holidays
Will you work long hours
ETC, ETC, !!!
Nothing has changed except this airline has had no growth for you. It is the growth that will bring about the change in your status. So, why should I as a blockholder feel for you, when it is you that needs the career change more than us.
Period.

Just my opinion...
You just contradicted yourself! You said "seniority is everything to the airline industry"
Well hello....there is NO seniority with this reserve system that you've never even sat. You have no clue what these reserves go through so you have no business sticking your nose where it doesn't belong. AAAwwww poor baby has to sit reserve for one month before they close the base and boot him out. Poor thing.
And if all the reserves would quit and move on to a more "lucrative career", you'd be permanent reserve! I'd like to see how you would deal with it then.
And by the way....name one other airline that has reserves with 18 years seniority??????? There isn't one. Maybe it's the bid sheet????????????

Again, he started this thread to get a rise out of the reserves. Don't fuel the fire. Let this one die.

I am so sick and tired of the same old biatching from the....... I am soooooo over it. Let me say this first and formost. I know it's a bad system, but it's the one you have, so deal with it, or leave. Simple....

Just my opinion...

...............OMG, you sounded just like a "Reserve".........for a moment.

Only stating opinions

Not even worth it, we've all decided not to respond.

And yes, he is not a stud, even Larry Craig wouldn't tap his foot his foot at him.

I know "STUD" too and believe me there is NO STUD when he comes to mind.
Me too----Too bad he won't be on reserve in December, he could get a partime job at the mall playing Santa Claus to supplement his income.........EEEEEEWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!

Glad to see there is still life in everyone. Being passionate about a cause is well worth the energy it takes to get the job done. While most won't agree with what I have said, the truth still looms over the fundamental problem. Without growth the reserve system is stagnent. The movement within the reserve system will take place when and only when the company grows and expands. So once again I point out the simple fact of what you are placed in. A reserve system that sucks. Period.
Is it better to take seniority away from a blockholder and give the flying to reserves? Or is it better to revamp the whole reserve system with a new contract? Either way, seniority still plays a part in the big scheme of things. I was hired in 1983, that is when the company had huge growth. That is why I only spent 6 months on the reserve system. That system was completely different than it is now. Yet it is the contract in place at the present time that governs the reserves. So once again I ask you to answer this simple question. If the company isn't growing, and you aren't moving out of the reserve system your seniority will hold, then why should I feel it is my duty in any way to give up any seriority issues to appease you? This is a simple issue of I was hired before you. I have the seniority you don't. I also don't have the issues of being placed in the present reserve system for more than a month. Whos fault is it you where hired at a bad time? That the company did a major downturn, went into BK twice, and the majority of it's AFA members voted in a contract that stymies the reserves? It isn't mine.
Sorry if this post got the pressure up on some of you, but, I like yourself have a right to post MY opinion as well on this board. Oh, and thanks for all the kind words of praise for me. I did expect it.

Just my opinion...

Glad to see there is still life in everyone. Being passionate about a cause is well worth the energy it takes to get the job done. While most won't agree with what I have said, the truth still looms over the fundamental problem. Without growth the reserve system is stagnent. The movement within the reserve system will take place when and only when the company grows and expands. So once again I point out the simple fact of what you are placed in. A reserve system that sucks. Period.
Is it better to take seniority away from a blockholder and give the flying to reserves? Or is it better to revamp the whole reserve system with a new contract? Either way, seniority still plays a part in the big scheme of things. I was hired in 1983, that is when the company had huge growth. That is why I only spent 6 months on the reserve system. That system was completely different than it is now. Yet it is the contract in place at the present time that governs the reserves. So once again I ask you to answer this simple question. If the company isn't growing, and you aren't moving out of the reserve system your seniority will hold, then why should I feel it is my duty in any way to give up any seriority issues to appease you? This is a simple issue of I was hired before you. I have the seniority you don't. I also don't have the issues of being placed in the present reserve system for more than a month. Whos fault is it you where hired at a bad time? That the company did a major downturn, went into BK twice, and the majority of it's AFA members voted in a contract that stymies the reserves? It isn't mine.
Sorry if this post got the pressure up on some of you, but, I like yourself have a right to post MY opinion as well on this board. Oh, and thanks for all the kind words of praise for me. I did expect it.

Just my opinion...
You should be ashamed of yourself!!!!! You are embarrassemt to OUR pit base. Everyone knows who you are and what postion you hold in the union here. Safety!! Dont expect to be greated with opens arms in PHL when you get there. Maybe you should leave your wife and start dating Cyndy Atkins. And oh btw your late for your weight watchers meeting STUD!!!!!!!

You should be ashamed of yourself!!!!! You are embarrassemt to OUR pit base. Everyone knows who you are and what postion you hold in the union here. Safety!! Dont expect to be greated with opens arms in PHL when you get there. Maybe you should leave your wife and start dating Cyndy Atkins. And oh btw your late for your weight watchers meeting STUD!!!!!!!
Now that is what I'm talkin about. Maybe he should be called, "Safety Pudge" Excuse me, this half of the jumpseat is mine. Too bad there are no armrests on the jumpseat.

Just my opinion...

Dear Sir,

We do not have a problem with seniority governing some issues,but this is a system that is seriously broken and needs to be redone BECAUSE there is no growth. It does not benefit the company to have flight attendants sitting around not working and it doesn't benefit the reserve flight attendants to have no work, which begs the question, who does it serve?
The answer to that is........only one group which is protected by an 1983 style contact.

Please consider what you are saying. That because you are senior and comfortable with your work privileges that the income and work life of your crewmembers is of no concern to you. A rather Fat Cat/Plantation Owner attitude I would say. The Civil War that is brewing is because the lineholders are stuck in the past and have managed to skew contract negotiations as if they are royalty.

The rest of the airlines world moved to better systems a long time ago and it is grossly overdue here.

What will you do if the company, supported by the reseves, only puts new systems on the table that addresses this problem along with some proven solutions from other airlines? Do you really think that they aren't crunching productivity numbers that look at the cost of supporting part timers at a high wage vs. potential full timers at a lower wage. Especially with the forecasts for the coming year?

You seem to have no problem saying that the reserves are a victim of the times that they were hired and to 'Live with it"

Those exact words may come back to haunt you very soon.

Will you work weekends
Will you work holidays
Will you work long hours
ETC, ETC, !!!
Period.

Just my opinion...
You know where you can go!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just my opinion...
I agree with you and I am jr. to you ...seniority is all we have, I may be on rsv soon but that is life...jr. RSV's should move quit or get off this board and get a life...I agree with you stop all the b*^%#ing, if you live in base RSV is not that bad, I hold a line and sometimes bid RSV so I can ####...I think there should be shifts or PT times but like you said you can't help when you were hired...if it's that bad time to re-think your options...

At least someone finally said it!

If you don't like flying reserve - then quit and get a new job. Why does everyone on this board who is a reserve seem to think they are owed something? Even I, who doesn't work in the industry, knows that the airline business runs on seniority - that is what you get when you are part of a union. You signed up for it - so live with it - or move on and get over it.
YOU can shut your face and BUTT OUT!!! You haven't the slightest clue what you are even talking about so keep it to yourself!!!

I too think it's really bad that a union rep. would get on here and start this post. I don't care if you are just the PIT safety rep.---with posts like this it's obvious that you are not working for the flight attendant group as a whole and perhaps you should reconsider your position with the union. Do you only do safety work for B/H in PIT when they call ???

Back