Revenue Advantage

yes it does. so does LHR and so will the new PVG flight.

but all it does is allow DL to use T5 for other flights, even with keeping a gate open at T5.... the int'l flights even by the logic some have used take up more space.

and what the AA fankids can't accept is that DL is the largest int'l carrier at LAX, is growing faster than AA, and there is yet to be any evidence that AA's "massive" gate holdings will allow it to improve revenue on its existing Asia flights to be on par with DL or UA or that DL or UA won't be able to add new flights to Asia if they deem it strategically necessary to do so.

and it also doesn't preclude DL from growing its own LAX gate holdings.

AA fan kids are trying to hide behind physical gate limitations in order to gain an advantage which they haven't been able to gain in the marketplace.

Actually it's not the AA fankids with issues as I'm not an AA fan kid

It's a cheerleader who can't accept facts, posts under different names, gets kicked off other boards that has serious issues

The tough facts are DL is #3 airline

sky team is last at LAX

It's a really tough one for you - you would not be at nearly 18000 posts if you didn't have issues

WorldTraveler said:
and it also doesn't preclude DL from growing its own LAX gate holdings.
Why would DL want to grow it's own LAX gate holdings?
Just a couple days ago you said they already have an unlimited # of gates (i.e. DL will never run out of gates).

It sure doesn't take a lot of mental horsepower to grasp all the BS you spew.

no, I didn't say that DL has an unlimited amount of gates.  no one does

I did say that DL would make the choices to protect its own economic interests - which for now is that DL is the largest int'l airline at LAX.

the AA fankids/club can't accept that AA isn't the #1 int'l anything in any competitive market... but is in that position by its own monopoly hubs which are falling in the case of DFW and MIA or CLT which doesn't work as an int'l hub.  AA is #3 out of the big 3 in NYC and LAX. 

the merger did nothing to fix that.  AA's revenues in those cities are still well below its peers. 

Wow, you make catching you in your own lies so easy, World Fraudster.

WorldTraveler said:
no, I didn't say that DL has an unlimited amount of gates.  no one does
WorldTraveler said:
the answer is very likely "never"
pants-on-fire.jpg

the only lie is your belief that anyone has an unlimited amount of anything and tries to argue they do.

and you and commavia and everyone else can't ask how many more gates it will take for AA to bring its average fares on LAX-NRT and PVG up to industry comparable levels. given that AA gets only 2/3 of the revenue that DL and UA get, the question is why AA has been in the position it has for so long.

JFK to Asia didn't work on AA metal. AA has a an average fare DISADVANTAGE from both ORD and LAX.

AA's int'l network is built around its monopoly hubs of DFW and MIA and where it has to compete with other US carriers, AA underperforms. nAAtive AA and US.

WorldTraveler said:
the only lie is your belief that anyone has an unlimited amount of anything and tries to argue they do.

Oh really?
I'm just going to keep on pasting this quote of yours for everybody to see, yet again, what a World Fraudster you are.
The only question is how many rounds you want to go.

WorldTraveler said:
but again, what Steve really wants to know is at what point DL runs out of space ... ... ...

DL defies the laws of physics?
Why according to World Fraudster, yes.

WorldTraveler said:
AA underperforms. nAAtive AA and US.
Speaking of revenue disadvantages, and underperforming, does anybody remember the ultra cheap fares DL is pulling in on JFK-LAX?

I'm sure World Fraudster won't tout this stat as it doesn't fit a certain narrative.

you can go as long as you want.... if you think that I or anyone believes that any airline has an unlimited amount of gates, then you are the fool.

I will tout DL's position as the largest carrier in the JFK transcons and that it carries the largest amount of revenue on the JFK-LAX leg, including much of it that AA walked away from.

But I'm sure that you will argue that AA was profitable on JFK-LAX which explains why they walked away from so much revenue and gave it largely to DL. 

and specifically, DL DOES have the revenue advantage at JFK and LGA in all sectors and AA is the number 3 airline from both NYC and LAX in int'l boardings.

no advantage in that whatsoever. 

WorldTraveler said:
you can go as long as you want.... if you think that I or anyone believes that any airline has an unlimited amount of gates, then you are the fool.

Well, you certainly believe it! 

Fool!

WorldTraveler said:
but again, what Steve really wants to know is at what point DL runs out of space ... ... ...

You up for another round, chump?

go for it.

when DL and UA decide to let AA add int'l flights without being challenged, they are out of space - and you can let me know when that happens.

meanwhile AA really doesn't have a revenue advantage at LAX.  UA does.

in NYC, AA is #3 out of 3.

AA is trying desperately not be relegated to "also ran" status in NYC, ORD and LAX. 

when it comes to generating higher revenues per passenger at LAX, AA is at a DISADVANTAGE 

So in less than an hour World Fraudster went from DL will never run of out gate space at LAX to AA underperforms DL to UA now has an advantage. 
Nice spin and deflection as usual.

you just haven't bothered to read all of the facts.
there is no spin or deflection.

You just don't want to accept the reality that AA really only has a revenue advantage in its own monopolistic markets - which are fast falling in the face of competition

Back