Rumor from down under

Status
Not open for further replies.
boston said:
That old AA 757, I think I've seen it 2 in the past 5 years. Most of them except the oldie are sleeper or lie flat seats FC 20/22/24.
Yep the old leather seats are being phased out but actually its the following configuration:

16C/52MCE/108Y
22F/52MCE/108Y
24F/52MCE/108Y

I could see the new regime playing with the configuration, probably reducing the number of MCE seats and adding an extra row of Y. They are already planning to remove the consoles in row 16/17 on the 738s (awesome seats), but its good for you guys to have a fourth F/A onboard but there will be more pax.

Josh

Reactions: 3 people
737823 said:
I wonder if 700 has ever sat in any of the AA seats, I did get around to flying US Envoy Suite and was not pleased.
Josh
Josh,

Your in for a rude awakening the AA new business class product (seats) are identical to the ones implemented on US about 5 years ago. Let's get the facts straight again - who was the first airline to install lay flat seats - that's right it was US.

Once again don't let facts get in the way on you hysteria

I suggest you move to UA ASAP

Reactions: 4 people
eolesen said:
What does any of the crap on the last five pages have to do with flying to Australia?....

The second law of thermodynamics says:

the natural progression of the universe is from order to disorder

Thread creep is a natural progression of any web board.

Reactions: 2 people
nycbusdriver said:

Parker will cure that within two years.  The AA product will be dragged down to American West standards.

Unfortunately you're 100% spot on.

AdAstraPerAspera said:
An international 757 with 8 premium seats. Wow. I'm embarrassed for you.

+1

700UW said:
The Pope himself could bless your seat, you are just a US Airways Hater, get use to it the New AA is all run by former US Top Executives, go fly Delta.

I think you're either blind or underestimating the number of valuable customers that have abandoned US for other carriers specifically due to HP management running US.

traderjake said:

The second law of thermodynamics says:

the natural progression of the universe is from order to disorder

Thread creep is a natural progression of any web board.

Look at the bright side:  at least DL hasn't been brought into the thread yet ... ... ... :D

jcw said:
Josh,

Your in for a rude awakening the AA new business class product (seats) are identical to the ones implemented on US about 5 years ago. Let's get the facts straight again - who was the first airline to install lay flat seats - that's right it was US.

Once again don't let facts get in the way on you hysteria

I suggest you move to UA ASAP
No they aren't identical I have flown both. They happen to be from the same supplier (Cirrus) only AA has the 7-series version and US has the 3-series version, nice try. The AA seat has a larger shell that makes the seat (suite) more private and also has a better legrest/ottoman along with more shoulder space. Have you actually flown on both?

The first airline to install fully flat seats was British Airways in January 2000 (http://www.britishairways.com/travel/history-2000-2009/public/en_us) , get your facts straight. Delta happened to be the first US carrier to install fully flat seats and introduced them on the 777-200LR in March 2008 (http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/money/biztravel/2006-10-09-delta-seats-usat_x.htm). The US Envoy Suite wasnt't introduced until mid-2009 on the Philadelphia-Tel Aviv route with the A330-200.

If you are going to take shots and attempt discredit me at least make sure you have YOUR facts straight. I have flown on leading carriers all over the world and am familiar with their product offerings. If you had any sense you would know US Airways product is an absolute joke and their employees and management do not grasp premium service, let alone providing basic customer service to all passengers.

Josh

Reactions: 5 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts