Rumors of Res center Closing....

Lots of non qualified agents are taking overflow calls nowadays and that is part of the strategy U is implementing to dissolve the rest of the senior true res agt force. I see a lot of XTM QSD QSE codes taking calls, booking flights, and above all, MAKING MISTAKES on pasgr records.Res Cust svc supers are hardcopying errors in the range of 5 to 10 records a day per cust svc agent with these type non GS agents who are not trained proficiently in the duties of reservations,procedures.ticketing, fares,etc.They do not keep up with briefings etc. as true res must do. If this is the desired future of U, along with new hires from the Dairy Queen lot, God help 'em.

----------------
On 8/24/2002 11:06:28 PM

I still say it is price only...who cares about service! My family and I just returned from PHNL and we flew Continental. Why? Price; and by the way their service was as good as anybody elses. My point is, don't flatter yourselves, you WILL be replaced and nobody will care. Oh yea, I almost forgot, we used the internet to book our flights and hotel rooms and it went without a hitch.
----------------

Can anyone say Priceline....hehe.....keep smiling guys![:p]

I still say it is price only...who cares about service! My family and I just returned from PHNL and we flew Continental. Why? Price; and by the way their service was as good as anybody elses. My point is, don't flatter yourselves, you WILL be replaced and nobody will care. Oh yea, I almost forgot, we used the internet to book our flights and hotel rooms and it went without a hitch.

Congrats on booking via internet. I do most of my booking that way too. But, I can tell you from working at the counter, there are a lot of unsavvy internet users who dont know the difference between August and April on the pulldown menu. [:bigsmile:]

I, just one agent in a sea of thousands, turn down roughly half a dozen people a day who book bulk internet fares and call to make a voluntary change..sorry Charley..you acted as your own travel agent..suck it up or buy a new one."You wont fly us again because of that policy? How moronic is that?"[:0]

I am tired of hearing about a closure or talking about one. It will happen soon enough I'm sure. The company has been trying to get software for people to change bookings online themselves. When that is done, much less need of agents. I predict the every day functions in reservations is going to deteriorate into fixing problems people created online or reaccomodating passengers due to schedule changes and cancelled flights. But just as the bag call center, we will be staffed only for the normal load not the bad days. I suggest every customer service agent in or out of the airport start seeking alternative employment now so you have plenty of time to find a decent paying position nearby. There's plenty of higher paying jobs out there too. I know it's hard to give up those flight benefits but they might be stripped from you anyway. Remember Dave's words when he was asked about our jobs, "You're not pilots!"

----------------
On 8/25/2002 4:38:08 PM

I suggest every customer service agent in or out of the airport start seeking alternative employment now so you have plenty of time to find a decent paying position nearby. There's plenty of higher paying jobs out there too.

----------------

Lilninj...What a positive outlook you have!!! I think you need to take your own Advise!!!!!

----------------
On 8/25/2002 4:38:08 PM

I am tired of hearing about a closure or talking about one. It will happen soon enough I'm sure. The company has been trying to get software for people to change bookings online themselves. When that is done, much less need of agents. I predict the every day functions in reservations is going to deteriorate into fixing problems people created online or reaccomodating passengers due to schedule changes and cancelled flights. But just as the bag call center, we will be staffed only for the normal load not the bad days. I suggest every customer service agent in or out of the airport start seeking alternative employment now so you have plenty of time to find a decent paying position nearby. There's plenty of higher paying jobs out there too. I know it's hard to give up those flight benefits but they might be stripped from you anyway. Remember Dave's words when he was asked about our jobs, "You're not pilots!"

----------------
The ability to change tickets online already exists. www.usairways.com/exchange. You can even chat live with an agent to answer any questions you may have.
On a more personal note Lilninj, if you are not happy with the new direction of this company and you don't want to be a team player take your own advise and hit the road.

never cut off your nose to spite your face. ....

Maybe Lilninj already has a plan "B". BTW I once again do not put any faith in any res office closing for the short term. Down the road who knows??? Olivia...950 agents to be laid off??? Doubt it at this time but once again down the road who knows????

Well, as a numbers person, some people may be looking at it as though by eliminating 16% of your flying (give or take, that's the number I've seen), in theory you should be taking 16% fewer calls.

Realistically, I don't think there'd really be 16% fewer calls, because hopefully the schedule reduction isn't going to be doing anything but shift passengers onto other US flights (and drive up the LF's).

But, just as there's excess capacity in a flight schedule, you can also have excess capacity in a call center, both in terms of downtime, and unused positions. If all three existing facilities are only 65% occupied, you could close down an entire center without a loss in call handling capability...

Perhaps someone has figured that the increased dropped call rates and/or hold times that would result from shifting calls from (for example only) PIT to MCO and INT would be an acceptable risk, or that it makes sense to close down MCO (again, for example only) to eliminate the cost of running the facility, and increase staffing at PIT and INT to what those facilities can handle.

I know that there are real people attached to each of those centers, and I don't want to leave the wrong impression that they're just personnel numbers. I just wanted to take some of the emotion out of the discussion and tell y'all how I've seen some of these decisions made elsewhere in the past.

The company may very well wait to close any center until they have eliminated the contracts. That way you see they can refuse transfers to other centers, thereby cutting from the top payscale instead of the bottom. With no contract, no grievance.

I think one can effectively surmise that 1 maybe 2 res ctrs. will definitely close especially after the new announcement about how and when NON REF tks can be used. This policy change will likely lower the call volumes by thousands less daily, with a basic use it or lose it philosophy, hence less need for customer svc. agents. And remember, customer svc.(of any form) is not "a priori" in USAIRWAYS scheme of business.

----------------
On 8/27/2002 1:38:08 AM

I think one can effectively surmise that 1 maybe 2 res ctrs. will definitely close especially after the new announcement about how and when NON REF tks can be used. This policy change will likely lower the call volumes by thousands less daily, with a basic use it or lose it philosophy, hence less need for customer svc. agents. And remember, customer svc.(of any form) is not "a priori" in USAIRWAYS scheme of business.
----------------

If anything with all the restrictions that have now been put in place call volume will rise. Only time will tell no use in saying that offices will be closing. We are going to need all the agents we have because as soon as a PAX decides they can't make there flight they will need to call or they will lose it all. Kinda like priceline but we give them the chance to rebook for a fee. Its going to get real busy so fasten up your seatbelt and enjoy the ride!!!!!

I disagree,CUST SVC help desks will be busy with irate transfers and the proverbial I WAS NEVER TOLD THIS POLICY etc etc,,the same retort we still get with the chg fee which has been around for 20 years..Yes.. we will need to get a call back before trvl to rebook but not dozens of call backs like we do now to hold and cxl hold and cxl..hold for up to 2 yrs...cxl....and then finally decide..will likely see only a couple of call backs per tkt.

How much u wanna bet they haven't addressed what happens with combo fare tkts.like b8us/me7nr same tkt..or b8us one way,ma7nr back??And what about a reissued tkt aftr 27AUG??Does this count as must be used or lost, even tho original was bought say a year ago??
The least the idiots could have done was make the policy effective on a good day to remember, like SEP 1, not an odd day in the middle of a week.I doubt it will last..once the call vol slows ,and agts are laid off..theyll say it was all a big mistake and hire Mr and Ms Burgers Sandfrys to bring compnay back to profitability..HAH!

Does SW does this with their tkts?[::)]

----------------
On 8/27/2002 7:55:47 AM

How much u wanna bet they haven't addressed what happens with combo fare tkts.like b8us/me7nr same tkt..or b8us one way,ma7nr back??And what about a reissued tkt aftr 27AUG??Does this count as must be used or lost, even tho original was bought say a year ago??
The least the idiots could have done was make the policy effective on a good day to remember, like SEP 1, not an odd day in the middle of a week.I doubt it will last..once the call vol slows ,and agts are laid off..theyll say it was all a big mistake and hire Mr and Ms Burgers Sandfrys to bring compnay back to profitability..HAH!

Does SW does this with their tkts?[::)]
----------------
This will be addressed in briefing.... I was addressed on all this prior to it being released...And yes it will apply to RI tickets....Its really a simple policy ... ITS JUST SAY NO or USE IT OR LOSE IT!!!!! SIMPLE ... WELCOME TO THE NEW PRICELINE!!!!

Latest posts