Secret - Comprehensive Economic Proposal

TWU informer

Veteran
Nov 4, 2003
Last week the TWU Mechanic and Related negotiators presented AA with a Comprehensive Economic Proposal.

The membership doesn't get to see the proposal but they want us to blindly support our negotiators.

The TWU will not let the membership see Articles that have been tentatively agreed to already, explaining they might change in the course of negotiations.

Now the TWU refuses to allow members to have a copy of the Comprehensive Economic Proposal. Why? We are awaiting the excuse.

How would an AA Flight Attendant or Pilot react to such union leadership?

We tried to replace the TWU, got screwed by the company union, the union, and the Fedreal Government. We tried to replace Local Leaders, all Executive Board Members re-elected. Of course the Department of Labor is investigation but I don't hold my breath. They couldn't catch these crooks if they hired their best snoops.

How in the world in the United States of America can a group of union members be denied the right to choose representation only to have their negotiators enter into ultra-secret negotiations with AA? I am fed up with this crap!

The "comprehensive proposal" is all ready a done deal.
That is the sad part.
The only thing left to do is work as safe as possible. Create OT and get as much money from this place as possible.
As for the twu "Check Off" is next.
Which BTW is looking better and better.
Paying dues to a union who has negotiated concession after concession year after year now thats something to be fed up about.

So stop paying dues.

Send the union a letter stating that you are opting out and that you no longer want to be a member or have them represent your interests and stop paying the damn dues.

If your union isn't doing what you want, then change the bylaws.

Obviously, if they were all re-elected, not everyone is dissatisfied with their elected union officials, which makes all this bitching look small and petty.

So stop paying dues.

Send the union a letter stating that you are opting out and that you no longer want to be a member or have them represent your interests and stop paying the damn dues.

Obviously, if they were all re-elected, not everyone is dissatisfied with their elected union officials, which makes all this bitching look small and petty.

Go on dues check off, then don't pay the local. I would not suggest to stop paying dues unless you no longer want to work here. If carried out correctly by the local, this will result in a series of registered letters from your local, the end of which if you do not respond, (and pay) you will be terminated. The entire process takes several months. After which, the roles reverse and the company will defend your case in which you will have no defense. :shock:

So stop paying dues.

You apparently have no idea of the way the twu operates. For one, we do have to pay dues in order to stay employed by AA. Several have stopped paying over the years and have been terminated after not paying when the final warning letter came. Second, the constitution is the problem and cannot be changed by the membership, only the select few who go to the all the booze you can drink convention in Las Vegas every four years. At this convention, those with good intentions are bought off with promises of international union jobs. Finally, electing new officers, just doesn't happen with the twu international. We can elect new local officers every 3 years, but problem will always reamin with the unelectable international, who by the way owns the AA twu contract.

Now you know why many of us have fought for the past decade trying to oust this union for one with the democratic principles who wrote about.

You apparently have no idea of the way the twu operates. For one, we do have to pay dues in order to stay employed by AA. Several have stopped paying over the years and have been terminated after not paying when the final warning letter came. Second, the constitution is the problem and cannot be changed by the membership, only the select few who go to the all the booze you can drink convention in Las Vegas every four years. At this convention, those with good intentions are bought off with promises of international union jobs. Finally, electing new officers, just doesn't happen with the twu international. We can elect new local officers every 3 years, but problem will always reamin with the unelectable international, who by the way owns the AA twu contract.

Now you know why many of us have fought for the past decade trying to oust this union for one with the democratic principles who wrote about.

AMFAMAN,

I understand what you said and I know(UNFORTUNATELY) that AMFA failed.
Just curious Which Local defeated AMFA by giving the TW.Useless the MOST votes ???????

(I'm just being facetious) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

"Comprehensive Economic Proposal" Sounds like plans for a "wedding" to me. AA and TWU are finally going to be officially hitched and this is the pre-numpual agreement. We are so DOOMED!

"Comprehensive Economic Proposal" Sounds like plans for a "wedding" to me. AA and TWU are finally going to be officially hitched and this is the pre-numpual agreement. We are so DOOMED!

I agree!

If you go back and read what Chuck Schalk said about this, this is typical TWU/AA negotiations.,

The TWU is "locking in" what they deem a "good" contract so they can continue to get in the good graces of the company. Their logic is, "Take care of us and do what you will with the pilots and flight attendants.

And as history as shown, we all know hoe the pilots and flight attendants have fared compared to the TWU.

The TWU is "locking in" what they deem a "good" contract so they can continue to get in the good graces of the company.

Big difference between what a job-for-life appointee of the TWU thinks is a "good" contract as opposed to those of us that actually have to live under that same "good" contract.

Pathetic that I find out about the TWU 'comprehensive contract proposal' from the company negotiation website and not the union.

Although with local election campaigns in full swing I guess something as trivial as a negotiations update isn't that far up the tasking order.

As long as the TWU is able to continue to harvest dues from the largest possible number of employees they could care less about what happens on the floor.

Since the TWU doesn't want to give the members the facts, maybe we should just create our own system wide version of what we think the lapdogs are doing. You know create rumor so big they have to respond :rolleyes:

The economics are as follows
Leaked out from a local president that was directly involved with passing the proposal to the company

2 year contract exstension and all twu employees will have to prefund their retirement like they do their medical.

:D

He said it was the best they could do

:lol:

AMFAMAN,

I understand what you said and I know(UNFORTUNATELY) that AMFA failed.
Just curious Which Local defeated AMFA by giving the TW.Useless the MOST votes ???????

(I'm just being facetious) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Well we never did get a vote, but to answer your question who stopped us from getting a vote, that's easy the company. The dead, retired, never employed, etc. is what stopped the vote in 2004, not lack of cards. Now as far as being weak on the card signing, well Tulsa (non-licensed) and MCI got around the same percentage, but title 2 outside of the Northeast and LAX really hurt us. But they did give us a very reliable list for the next drive. :up: :shock: :up:

THIS IS NOT MADE UP. A crew meeting was called the other night in hangar 1 by a shop steward. The crew was informed that the unions proposal asked for the 2000 contract plus 24% pay increase. :up:

THIS IS NOT MADE UP. A crew meeting was called the other night in hangar 1 by a shop steward. The crew was informed that the unions proposal asked for the 2000 contract plus 24% pay increase. :up:

That's what our local pres and vp said,,,,but it's the 2001 contract!

Back