Section 1113 Question

MrAeroMan said:
The judge isn't going to care honestly. His responsibility is to those that are owed money by UAIR. He's going to look at employees cuts and see if the cuts proposed will help UAIR recover. If it makes sense he'll implement. If it doesn't he won't and historically the companies get what they ask for.
[post="184107"][/post]​

I don't know what hx you are drawing from. After CO 2ond dance into BK, the laws changed.

Keep in mind, labor has given 2 times already in a short time frame. Management still can't make a go of it. I think a "trustee" is in order at this juncture.

The "market place" should dictate whether a company survives or not....not bankruptcy every couple years. Even CO BK were 7 years apart.

There are no present protections for labor. I will focus my energies for now on getting our policitcal leaders to write legislation reform and introduce Bills to protect labor. If employees financially are wiped out during co. bk proceeding, you won't have a workforce that will produce, commit, and be loyal to turn a co. around,espeically a business that is service oriented.

If the courts are to be involved and protect creditors, I expect laws to protect labor in these proceedings from their contracts, pension from being wiped out to save creditors investments. After all, Labor has an investment as well, and those interests should be looked after.

I am more for labor's financial survival then the company's. Once the co. pulls a BK, then there needs to be legislation that protects the workers in that type of arena.

:down: as i have said before this managemen t has no idea what they are doing.
I have a lot of investments ,but i have never seen anything like this in my life time .

28yrsnojob said:
:down: as i have said before this managemen t has no idea what they are doing.
I have a lot of investments ,but i have never seen anything like this in my life time .
[post="184237"][/post]​
And arent we the lucky ones for having to live thru this nightmare??

I can only thank the man upstairs for giving me the opportunity to get out when I did.

Best of luck to all
My prayers are with you

Tug

PITbull said:
I will focus my energies for now on getting our policitcal leaders to write legislation reform and introduce Bills to protect labor. If employees financially are wiped out during co. bk proceeding, you won't have a workforce that will produce, commit, and be loyal to turn a co. around,espeically a business that is service oriented.

If the courts are to be involved and protect creditors, I expect laws to protect labor in these proceedings from their contracts, pension from being wiped out to save creditors investments. After all, Labor has an investment as well, and those interests should be looked after.

I am more for labor's financial survival then the company's. Once the co. pulls a BK, then there needs to be legislation that protects the workers in that type of arena.
[post="184233"][/post]​

Good luck changing the world, better turn on your charms at full intensity to get the attention of corporate America who owns the court system. Too bad your kind wasn’t around when Pittsburgh was decimated about 20 years ago when the same thing happened to the mill workers. Those people now are night guards and serving Wendy Burgers, or working at Wal-Mart so they can buy the drugs they need to survive. Big job is an under statement but I honestly wish you luck so maybe the next generation will not suffer like the current one is doing while the corporate elitists drink champagne on the beach in some exotic resort.

:down: NOT A CENT I SAY!! I WAS WILLIN TO GIVE A LITTLE BUT NOT NOW!! WHAT IS MGTM'S REDUCTION? JERRY GLASS CAN KISS MY A@@!! HELLO! I'M TIRED OF THIS CRAP!!! :down:

Actually, Dispatchers get paid extremely well. As a matter of fact, I became a F/A because I had a good friend in Dispatch, who actually started out with U in Baggage. This person was very aggresive and worked themself into Dispatch. The spouse was a Ramper for many years and worked into Dispatch theirself. I know that when I hired on, my friend was easily making 75 Grand and expecting to top out at 90 Grand. But times have changed. I do know that in MOHO they deserve every cent they make. Anyone ever been over to RIDC?????

cavalier said:
Good luck changing the world, better turn on your charms at full intensity to get the attention of corporate America who owns the court system. Too bad your kind wasn’t around when Pittsburgh was decimated about 20 years ago when the same thing happened to the mill workers. Those people now are night guards and serving Wendy Burgers, or working at Wal-Mart so they can buy the drugs they need to survive. Big job is an under statement but I honestly wish you luck so maybe the next generation will not suffer like the current one is doing while the corporate elitists drink champagne on the beach in some exotic resort.
[post="184266"][/post]​

Cav,

I grew up in New Kensington. My folks owned a restaurant and our neighbors on both sides worked at Allegheny Ludium.

My neighbor opened up a Klingsmith Hard ware store on 5th ave. and my other neighbor bought fix-up houses and apartments and rented them out when they both lost their jobs in the mills.

Don't know who you are citing or what your range of reference is, but these are just two simple families that never finished any education and went on with their lives by rebuilding. These folks are not flipping burgers.

Oh, and my gym teacher, came from the mills when he took a job at our High School. This all occured in the 70's.

PITbull said:
Cav,

I grew up in New Kensington. My folks owned a restaurant and our neighbors on both sides worked at Allegheny Ludium.

My neighbor opened up a Klingsmith Hard ware store on 5th ave. and my other neighbor bought fix-up houses and apartments and rented them out when they both lost their jobs in the mills.

Don't know who you are citing or what your range of reference is, but these are just two simple families that never finished any education and went on with their lives by rebuilding. These folks are not flipping burgers.

Oh, and my gym teacher, came from the mills when he took a job at our High School. This all occured in the 70's.
[post="184283"][/post]​
Pitbull:

You mentioned two different individuals who moved on. I know many others that did as well, one owns a car wash right out the road from me. My point is this has been happening, like you cited, since at least the 70’s. Many folks such as you mention did NOT fare as well, MANY. I live near many folks who lost their pensions to LTV Steel, Wheeling Steel, Weirton Steel, on and on and not one soul came to “theirâ€￾ rescue and why I was saying, best of luck. This is not new and just started happening to the airlines workers. It’s just that this time around you are close to it and see it for what it is. I saw it thirty years ago living in rural Pittsburgh where people traveled to work all over the Pittsburgh region. This corporate madness still persists today and I am sure others tried changing the world but so far the status quo prevails. I heard a professor on the radio saying how changes of these sorts are all but impossible for a variety of reasons, one being judges are lifers. I was just pointing out that this is nothing new and best of luck because you will sorely need it on this issue. Maybe you can make a difference, good luck and thanks for trying.