Selfish, Ignorant, Rude & ARROGANT behavior!

This is a union reciprocal agreement AFA should have a jumpseat appointed liaison

Is it? At AA, the jumpseat agreements are strictly negotiated by the companies. The union controls access to the actual jumpseat space (and, they only allowed Eagle f/as to j/s about 3-4 years ago). The jumpseat agreement that allows non-rev travel for OAL f/as is strictly cabin-space-available; however, it is still called a jumpseat agreement because it involves non-rev travel for jumpseat-qualified personnel. Are you saying that the union can give away seats on the a/c to OAL employees and the company has to go along with it?

The reason the union originally gained control of the jumpseat was to better assure that commuter f/as would get first dibs on the j/s. It is still restricted to AA and AE f/as only. So, if a jumpseater gets bumped for w&b it is a commuting AA or AE f/a.

It's not just the idiot Kip Hawley but rather WN Policy...when I was with YV in PHX and wanted to "jumpseat" to LAS I was already at the Gate and flagged for "SSSS" They called the TSA over to screen me at the Gate despite already going through screening...How embarassing...I'm sure the Southwestern folks are doing this out of the goodness in their hearties.

So here's a dumb question. How about sending a report /names to US Pass Bureau? I suspect they can get resolution and avoid future trouble

So does anyone know what the root of this PIT-US arrogance is from?
PIT people outside the airline don't seem that way. Is it just a function of 30+ years with the company?

So does anyone know what the root of this PIT-US arrogance is from?
PIT people outside the airline don't seem that way. Is it just a function of 30+ years with the company?

Maybe they know things others don't that makes them seem arrogant.

It's not just the idiot Kip Hawley but rather WN Policy...when I was with YV in PHX and wanted to "jumpseat" to LAS I was already at the Gate and flagged for "SSSS" They called the TSA over to screen me at the Gate despite already going through screening...How embarassing...I'm sure the Southwestern folks are doing this out of the goodness in their hearties.

How odd! I'm not trying to start anything, but I non-rev on WN frequently, and I have never had this happen. Since I'm usually in uniform, I don't even have to have a boarding pass to go through security.
Well, let me add, I haven't needed a BP up until now. The STL airport board recently decided to close off Concourse D which connects Main Terminal (all airlines except WN) with East Terminal (all WN). We will now have to go outside security and take an airport shuttle between terminals and go back through security. I may have to check in at the ticket counter in East now. Don't know yet.

Isn't the SSSS on the boarding pass only when you are non-reving and you must go through security and get the mark of the day for boarding? It was a check put in place to make sure that non-working employees were being screened. I vaguely remember reading some multi page document put out by TSA awhile back taking about this. Something like they wanted us to go through security before we non-reved home after a trip. I fogret, anyway that is what the SSSS is for - to get the TSA mark of the day and we are not exempt from it as far as I know.

We get a lot of Army personnel through STL because of Ft. Leonard Wood. The only time I have ever seen the SSSS issue come up at the gate was when the agent printed a new boarding pass for F/C for a soldier in uniform--it's standard practice at AA that if a seat is available and no revenue passenger wants an upgrade, a uniformed military person gets it. When the new boarding pass printed out, it had the SSSS on it. The agent was mortified that they had to call TSA to the gate and the soldier was searched there. The poor agent was apologizing all over the place. The soldier took it in stride--took off her belt and her boots, whatever the TSA agent wanted.

I think the TSA concern about non-revs comes from airports like DFW and ORD where employees who are based there go through a separate entrance into the SIDA and bypass normal security. They can use this entrance even when non-revving in "civilian" clothes. As I said in another thread. I commute on WN and AA all the time. I am always in uniform with my id (it's easier to wear it than pack it). I've never even been asked for a boarding pass when going through security even at East terminal in STL which is all WN.