NON REV

I wasn't going to get involved here, but it seems there's a side of the story missing here. While I neither agree nor disagree that 2 weeks a month is adequate for negotiation, you should also be aware of the following situation.

On more than one occassion, the Company and the Union have agreed to meet at a mutually determined place and time. The Company officials sat at the table all day while the Union couldn't be bothered to show up. Is this the type of representation you are paying for?
Please give me the exact dates and time the AFA Negotiating Committee failed to show, with adequate notice, at the Company's request, and I will research it and get back to you.

I wouldn't worry about the representation I am paying for, I would instead worry about the long lasting negative effects this stalling on the Company's part will have on the health of the Company going forward. This is not just a Flight Attendant contract problem. If you think the problem is not real, you have your head in the "sand"...

Thank you.

Passenger Service seemed to be able to agree to terms right after the merger. Why can't FA and pilots?
Because CWA had a very strong change of control grievance which that gave up to give HP/WEST a $5.00 hr. raise and a instant contract without negotiating for years

The only thing management did with this policy was to p1ss off both work groups. If they went DOH then east would be happy and west unhappy. If they went FCFS west would be happy and east p1ssy. Now, we are all just p1ssed off! Time to take a stand support the pilots and where the HELL is AFA and what are they doing????

SpinDoc replies:

Yeah. That will show them, those meanies in Tempe. Let's just be unprofessional for a day, and take it out on the customers who rely on US for their transportation needs.
How old are we? Like 13 and a half? Grow up children. It's a different world, and change will be constant.

A credible threat to withhold services is a valid negotiating technique. I don't know what rock you live under but intelligent adults understand those kinds of issues.

"unprofessional". I understand the USAirways pilot group supports the bottom of the national industry pay scale. If you are the lowest paid employee group in your craft, nationwide, how is that being "professional"?

In my experience dealing with hiring, I would likely toss the resume of anyone who thought so little of themselves that they would accept the lowest pay in an industry.

"Professionalism" is a package. It is not just a clean, well-fitted uniform. It is not just knowing policy and procedures. It is not just how one projects competance. If you cannot command a fair compensation package, most peoples perception of your job competancy will likely suffer greatly, with valid questions about ones potential minimal abilities.

In a social environment where "you get what you pay for" someone has to wonder what they are getting at USAirways in the front office......knowing the pilots are paid the least of any other scheduled carrier (and, I understand, even some non-skeds).

I find it interesting that the East AFA said nor did ANYTHING until the announcement was made. We were so popmus and secure that we were going to get straight DOH? They knew what the outcome could have been. NO seniority whatsoever!! Did they bring it to the attention of the company before hand that they would infact be violating the contract?

I think again, they were so focused on themselves not to worry about what might be.

I hate to break it to the people that are soooooooo unbelievably seniority driven, but we will HAVE TO GIVE A LITTLE!!!

Let it go

Well, the company also knew what was in the various contracts. So they had just as long to talk to the various unions whose contract contained non-rev language. I guess one could say that the unions whose contracts were affected waited to see if a potential violation became reality, but one could also say that the company ignored the contracts and created violations.

Actually, though, I wouldn't be surprised that the conflicting contracts explain why a hybrid system was chosen. Attempting to violate all the affected contracts a little so the unions would fight each other instead of the company.....

Jim

i have a non rev question...

i recently booked a flight through the hub for a friend (buddy pass). i got a message saying the booking was "successful" and gave me a record locator #.

today i logged in and didnt see anything under "recent listings". im like "wtf?!"

so on the "search for listing" box, i typed in the record locator # i was given and this message came out :

"Record Locator is not found"

im confused. i printed out the paper where the flight was booked (and confirmed). so i have proof that the itenerary exists!

Does anyone have any idea whats going on? i would appreciate the help. Thanx in advace

Does anyone have any idea whats going on? i would appreciate the help. Thanx in advace
Let me guess - you booked it thru the ETC but it will be paid for at the airport, right?

I've noticed the same thing for anything booked thru the ETC but not paid for at time of booking. Just a guess, but it appears that the ETC considers the booking incomplete until it's paid for, so isn't able to recall it.

Take the printout to the airport (or have your friend take it) - they'll be able to find the record, collect the money, and issue non-rev tickets.

Jim

Let me guess - you booked it thru the ETC but it will be paid for at the airport, right?

I've noticed the same thing for anything booked thru the ETC but not paid for at time of booking. Just a guess, but it appears that the ETC considers the booking incomplete until it's paid for, so isn't able to recall it.

Take the printout to the airport (or have your friend take it) - they'll be able to find the record, collect the money, and issue non-rev boarding passes.

Jim

yes

thanx jim! :p
i wasnt aware of that. i wont make the same mistake twice.

No problem - just make sure you print it out if you're not going to pay when you book it on the ETC. I first saw it (and wondered what was going on just like you) when I did a SA1 vacation pass to MAN.

Jim

i just got back from work and i did exactly as you did Jim. everything worked out fine. the lady in res was baffled when i told her my story. lol

again thanx

I guess a vacation pass can be either, though the missus & I booked it round trip.

Jim

All, Just please be carefull with the SA1 Passes. PLEASE be sure to advise the Gate Agents you are traveling on the SA1. YET another IT Problem. If you list for an SA! pass BUT check in via a Kiosk, the Kiosk will not show you as an SA1.

Latest posts