Shared Sacrifice? - Where is Eagle

AAviator

Veteran
Nov 12, 2002
Eagles costs are regional airline competitive. Our large airline costs are not large airline competitive. Thats the problem.

What does SHARED sacrifice mean to you?

AA has building cleaners making $7.50 and their pay will now be droppped to $5.75 per hour.

Dont give me that "lower wage" sympathy.

Apples and Oranges

The issue is AE pilots are making a huge sacrafice just so AA pilots can come fly our aircraft and as captains at that. The only place that should even be considered is in FO spots.

The up side? If APA starts flying CJ700''s we can then file the single carrier petition which we would probably win as that would be the last puzzle piece. Precedent shows that that usually goes date of hire. We have 20 year guys here at AE over 50% of the list is somewhere around 5 or more years. The implications to AA would be huge.

There are lots of things in the TA that require interpretation and more clarity I guess we will all see in the next year as it unfolds if it passes ratification.

Lets see. We have below industry wages already.

We have APA trying to take our Aircraft. CJ700

We have APA trying to take Captain seats in other aircraft that they have no place in.

Stagnation at AE for everyone so AA pilots can fly in the left seat of the Jets instead of at best coming back into what their senority will hold at AE. (turbo prop and some jet FO seats)

Work rules worse than what you guys are looking at getting.

No retirement.

The list goes on. There will be many legal issues fought over this as it violates our CBA.

Why shouldwe give you any seats at AE?

AE is making money, hmmm how about this you guys want to fly our aircraft then we have a good idea we will tack you to the bottom and go from there.

Can anyone provide information on the American Eagle portion of the Shared Sacrifice recovery plan? This was a threat of AMR Bankruptcy correct?

Thanks

----------------
On 4/3/2003 3:50:06 PM AAviator wrote:

Eagles costs are regional airline competitive. Our large airline costs are not large airline competitive. Thats the problem.

----------------​
AA is attempting re-define "large airline competitive" not match it!

----------------
On 4/3/2003 4:32:39 PM AAviator wrote:

RV4, give it a rest. the pilots are taking a 23% hit. With my downgrade from captain to F/O, I'm looking at a 45-50% pay CUT! Share and share alike? How about the stock options? TWU is slated for 34.7% of the total, the APA 32.5%. Take a hike dude.

----------------​
The poor mistreated "LUMP SUM OPTION PENSION" Pilot has been screwed.

You can Vote No just like everyone else can . But you have no right in attempting to restrict my right to an expressed opinion. You take a hike DUDE!

TWU equals 35,000

Pilots equal what 12,000.

Using your math, who gets screwed? Mine says each Pilot gets almost 3 to 1 versus TWU.

Buck, where did you get the idea I was whining. RV4 has been by far the biggest whiner, but (oh thats OK know he''s TWU). I''m OK with what APA brought out. I don''t like it, but being forced into the reality of todays environment, I see little choice but to vote yes. So go ahead keep beating your chest Buck. All the talk about bankruptcy is just talk. RV4''s bellyaching about "SHARED SACRIFICES" is just white noise any way.

jetdryvr, eagle EXISTS because of an EXCEPTION to APA''s scope clause. Eagle is an EXCEPTION. The EXCEPTION to APA''s contract has been re-written. Challenge all you want. Pending ratification, the 51+ seat flying is owned by APA.

RV4, give it a rest. the pilots are taking a 23% hit. With my downgrade from captain to F/O, I''m looking at a 45-50% pay CUT! Share and share alike? How about the stock options? TWU is slated for 34.7% of the total, the APA 32.5%. Take a hike dude.

Does everyone think that the Pilot issues are all that should be on the table or the planet?

What about the other aspects of Eagle and cost? Why not percentage cuts in exchange for stock/profit sharing?

What the hell makes this part of AMR immune to our problems?

----------------
On 4/3/2003 4:53:16 PM AAviator wrote:

Buck, where did you get the idea I was whining. RV4 has been by far the biggest whiner, but (oh thats OK know he''s TWU). I''m OK with what APA brought out. I don''t like it, but being forced into the reality of todays environment, I see little choice but to vote yes. So go ahead keep beating your chest Buck. All the talk about bankruptcy is just talk. RV4''s bellyaching about "SHARED SACRIFICES" is just white noise any way.

----------------​
You are whining at what RV4 posts. Both of you are entitled to your opinions. And by the way RV4 may be represented by the TWU but I do not believe it is by choice. Hopefully that will change.

You may be ok with what the APA brought back, but you should feel lucky at 23%. There will be many A&P mechanics that are at the maintenance bases, that are looking at the street or a 30% wage cut. This is not union representation, it is the union leadership selling out to the company.

Have you had the chance to review the "VERMONT LETTER" ? This is according to the TWU of the companys next offer in bankruptcy. In many ways it is better than the T/A the TWU brought back.

Shared sacrifices is a valid argument. If you were going to hit the street because an Eagle RJ were to take your flying slot, you would be upset.

RV4, no changes to the pilots pension. You don''t undrestand how it works, and I see no point in explaining it to you....