Should fliers be worried about a strike at AA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A strike is not an answer for todays labor
Everyone is against us the company the government and the public

Its better to collect a paycheck and do your job by the book.

Then to carry a sign on the unemployment line.

There is a pilot out there we call him Captain Light Bulb
Everytime he lands his Airbus there are 5 pages of items the majority of them being cabin lighting.
If every pilot would take the time and write in the book the smallest broken item these planes would be in much better shape...if you get my drift ;)

Should fliers be worried about a strike at AA?

No worse. With a strike you know to either make other arrangements or stay home. What you will likely see is a continuing decline in service meaning more delays and sudden cancellations.

Pilots are the most effective at using the book to cause delays and cancellations, they can call in sick or simply write the hell out of the planes. In the past there was a lot of tension between mechs and pilots and the mechs would simply answer the BS complaints and get the plane back in service, but thats not the case anymore. Mechs are no longer willing to extend themselves in order to help management fight the pilots, besides, the more the pilots write up the more OT mechs get.

Both pilots and mechs would rather serve the public well but unfortunately the heavy hand of the courts have left airline workers with no other way of fighting back. They have imposed unfair contracts, allowed the companies to steal our pensions and other benifits, subjected us to intrusive unwarrented invasions of our privacy and even ordered us to work under conditions we did not agree to, we have been more than tolerant. Its time to fight back and the only means they have of doing that is by using the rules, proceedures and manuals that the company themselves wrote (written so that no matter what happens its the employees fault) against them. Start to plan on driving.

The argument that the President "will not allow a strike" is utter crap. The President can only DELAY a strike, not prevent one. The following will clearly demonstrate the steps in the process:

NMB website

Thats a total joke. Only a half baked union would think of offering up a portion of its membership, at a time when everyone should stand together. But I guess if thats all you can muster up at the AFA carriers, thats what you do.

FAMikey, its not a joke - IT IS EXTREMELY EFFECTIVE, and if you knew what you were talking about, then, of course, you would know this. You aren't offering up anyone, it is a strategically and LEGAL form or job action.. Do you know what it stands for FAMikey?? Google it... Learn about it... You will need it.... But hey, if you want to go on an all out strike please do, because that would mean digging yourself deeper and Bankrupting the APFA... But hey you and StrAAight know best so have it.

If it is so extremely effective, then why has it not been used by anyone other than the AFA? You are offering up a percentage of people to stand up while the others go to work collect there checks and have little vested if it fails. I wonder how many FA's can go a month or more with out a check, while the union works to get them there jobs back in the event of a firing. Like I said it a tool AFA seems to employ due to its lack of strength with in its membership. After all, isn't a total shut down of an operation the best weapon? Isn't that what will work for the quickest resolve? I guess you think that the APFA, APA, ALPA, TWU, IAM, IAW,and the IBT must all have it wrong

Don't worry the APFA wont be bankrupting itself, we dont go chasing other FA groups not wanting to be represented. Thats the AFA's job.

If it is so extremely effective, then why has it not been used by anyone other than the AFA? You are offering up a percentage of people to stand up while the others go to work collect there checks and have little vested if it fails. I wonder how many FA's can go a month or more with out a check, while the union works to get them there jobs back in the event of a firing. Like I said it a tool AFA seems to employ due to its lack of strength with in its membership. After all, isn't a total shut down of an operation the best weapon? Isn't that what will work for the quickest resolve? I guess you think that the APFA, APA, ALPA, TWU, IAM, IAW,and the IBT must all have it wrong
Don't worry the APFA wont be bankrupting itself, we dont go chasing other FA groups not wanting to be represented. Thats the AFA's job.

I will answer the questions you can't (which is all of them) - CHAOS is [ Create Havoc Across Our System ]... During Chaos you strategically point out en route sick call to disrupt your system, think NWA pilots (somewhat).... No one strikes - no one stays out of work for more than a few days and it rotates, you see, you can't be fired for being sick... Your info is way off base FAMikey, which goes to show why you are in such a mess... Nice Try though, at least you keep pounding away.. To bad its not with correct information. If you go on a LEGAL strike yes it is effective, but nearly impossible to do these days... Dorothy we are not in 1983 anymore... If you go on illegal strike your orgaization will go Bankrupt... As someone earlier pointed out, it won't get that far b/c AMR will go into BK to keep its unions from striking and then they will ammend the contracts as they wish.. Just like what happened to everyone else. Here is your RX presecription = REALITY 3x a day...

I will answer the questions you can't (which is all of them) - CHAOS is [ Create Havoc Across Our System ]... During Chaos you strategically point out en route sick call to disrupt your system, think NWA pilots (somewhat)....
To which questions can I not answer? So this brilliant chaos, which is used by no one other than the bankrupt AFA is some how better?

No one strikes - no one stays out of work for more than a few days and it rotates, you see, you can't be fired for being sick...
Actually you can be terminated for calling in sick when you are not sick.

If you go on a LEGAL strike yes it is effective, but nearly impossible to do these days...
well tell that to the UAW, this is news to everyone then.
If you go on illegal strike your orgaization will go Bankrupt...
The AA flight attendants went on a strike and AA didn't go bankrupt and APFA didn't go bankrupt. I will doublecheck but I am almost sure GM and chrysler and the UAW are still solvent. Funny yet the chaos union was insolvent and taken over.

As someone earlier pointed out, it won't get that far b/c AMR will go into BK to keep its unions from striking and then they will ammend the contracts as they wish.. Just like what happened to everyone else.
Could you please post who made that quote and where? Interesting that UAL, and U, and NWA, and DAL all filed BK because there unions were getting ready to strike. I am sure this all exists nice in your strange little world but out here in reality noneof those things happened or are real.

Here is your RX presecription = REALITY 3x a day...
Physician heal thy self.

To which questions can I not answer? So this brilliant chaos, which is used by no one other than the bankrupt AFA is some how better?

Actually you can be terminated for calling in sick when you are not sick.

well tell that to the UAW, this is news to everyone then.
The AA flight attendants went on a strike and AA didn't go bankrupt and APFA didn't go bankrupt. I will doublecheck but I am almost sure GM and chrysler and the UAW are still solvent. Funny yet the chaos union was insolvent and taken over.

Could you please post who made that quote and where? Interesting that UAL, and U, and NWA, and DAL all filed BK because there unions were getting ready to strike. I am sure this all exists nice in your strange little world but out here in reality noneof those things happened or are real.

Physician heal thy self.

Oh really? So you have never called in when you are not sick?? LOL, if you have a doctors note, you can call out sick whenever you want... Depending on your Co. At UAL we can call out sick twice a year without answering to anyone, which isn't alot... However, never-the-less - you can have a doctors note and be done with it. You need to understand this isn't 1983 and your airline is not the same and neither is the world, so therefore you are not in the same situation as you were in 1983... No one said that US UAL DAL NWA was getting ready to strike, However the companies knew that without going into BK they would never get the concessions needed to continue business. AA on the other hand, well you were duped... Now things aren't quite as well as what they need to be, and the predictions of a few airlines not to be around didn't happen. So, AMR is feeling the crunch, If you all get 3% increases you will be posting losses - forcing a sell off of some assets.. Not solving the problem however. Or ammend the contracts via a judge. It could go many ways, we will see how your union handles it.. Good luck there Mikey... U are gonna need it, I would be trying to buddy up to TWAers if I were you though... They know what it feels like to get screwed..

It doesn't matter if you can call in sick 10 times with out a note. If you are caught you can be terminated. Calling in sick, to hold the company hostage is not a legal job action.

I don't know what your fascination with 1983 is about. BTW you are the one who posted the correlation between filing BK and al the other carriers. See post 25.

Again I keep getting dragged in to your fantasy world, where you believe your self to be the great oracle.

So care to show us how a 3% raise puts AA in the red? Got any facts or real stats not something you pulled out of your (insert favorite noun here). As far as asset sales. only UAL is actively looking to do just that.

It doesn't matter if you can call in sick 10 times with out a note. If you are caught you can be terminated. Calling in sick, to hold the company hostage is not a legal job action.

I don't know what your fascination with 1983 is about. BTW you are the one who posted the correlation between filing BK and al the other carriers. See post 25.

Again I keep getting dragged in to your fantasy world, where you believe your self to be the great oracle.

So care to show us how a 3% raise puts AA in the red? Got any facts or real stats not something you pulled out of your (insert favorite noun here). As far as asset sales. only UAL is actively looking to do just that.

FAMikey, you are no longer worth of reasonable thinking. Look at any press release or AMR balance sheet and you will see the numbers on AA and their labor costs. Its not rocket science for most. I guess you will see for yourself, and if you respond please make it worthy of my eyes, I am tired of bieng dissapointed by your flames and redundance.. Its sickening.

"It" is completely delusional. The obsession that it has for AA indicates that it was either turned down by AA, or it's last relationship was with an AA employee and ended badly.

It feels that if it repeats something enough the opinion will become a reality.

Nobody would have an axe to grind without some major underlying problems. It wants so desperately to believe that all sorts of terrible things are going to happen to AA and its employees. The underlying reason can ONLY be true fear on it's part that the terrible things are actually coming for UA and its employees.

If it were truly happy at UA, it wouldn't be so obsessed with AA, but then again, misery does love company.

It needs to get some help. Too bad that recurrent training doesn't include an annual psych exam. It would surely fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.