Soul Searching

I am former NWA. The America West pilots have laid the cornerstone that has come back to destroy the industry. Their low wages have spread like a cancer. It is a shame they did not go out of business years ago. They scabbed also. Disgusting. If I were a USAir pilot, I would keep them at bay forever. You will never be able to get a contract with a group that acts like they do here. They openly side with management. They are stupid as well as greedy. As I recall you did not have to have anything other than a HS diploma to get in. It shows.

Nice. Gee I wonder who you were last week? I'm going to go with Nostradamus / Sumadarson.

If you aren't a liar regarding who you really are, then you have failed to read (and more importantly comprehend) the history in this merger that REALLY got us here.

BTW, USAPA's leader ship has a CAL S**B as a spokesperson & a Freedom semi-S**B (went DIRECTLY AGAINST THE US AIR MEC instructions) as a representative. DISGUSTING.

AWA didn't come NEARLY as close to oblivion as US Air did.

Parker has tired of USAPA's games. Hang man is comming and they don't have very long (apologies to STYX). See you in court, Skippy.

Reactions: 1 person
I haven't sent any pilots in two parts. What are you taking? Hallucinating?
That's an awesome angle your going after.

Totally have me off balance and frustrated.

How do I respond?

I'm dead in the water. Looks like it will be DOH.

Lots of people who post on this board are posers. A while back someone was posting and claiming to be an east pilot's wife. "She" pretty much ran off when some of us called "her" on it. I believe east pilots pretend to be someone they're not in hopes of attaining credibility they would not otherwise get. Some may pose as wives, some as customers, some as former NWA pilots. Well, you get my drift. (Sparrowhawk, Claxon).

Nothing would surprise me. East pilots just keep finding a new low. They can now freefall off of a dime.

Sparrowhawk is NOT a poser. He is a former Chairman's Preferred who spent north of $50K per year for the privilege of being used, lied to, and abused by former US Airways senior management, so his credibility is without question. He and several other FORMER high profile customers tried to get Chris Chiames and Ben Baldanza to recognize where the majority of their revenue came from, BEFORE America West completely watered down the product, but the high cost of cheap intervened. Companies fail because they don't listen to their most important customers, and US Airways is no exception. Listening is a skill that can make or break a company, and when people like Sparrowhawk, Art at ISP, and Longing4Piedmont speak on this forum, their comments should be respected and taken seriously. Just these 3 customers were worth at least $200K per year to US Airways and they have either left or seriously curtailed their spend due to the ignorance of US management, yet Tempe does not seem to care. Multiply that by 40 or 50 more Chairman's Preferred who don't complain, but just stop flying US, and then you have serious revenue erosion. Customer service is all that keeps the airlines separate from each other, yet no one in senior management seems to care.

Reactions: 6 people
SpinDoc, thank you for one of the best posts this board has seen in very long time, (Yeah, I know, given the level of discourse around here, some might think that is not saying much. But thank you.)

Maybe my comment got out of hand. Btw, I was under the impression that you were an ex-us?

Either way, I was trying to make a point about the division in US, that I think is beyond repair. I made my annual pilgrimage to the pilots thread, said my piece and got out. Now there are at least 5 pilot threads, and the issues have gone into overdrive.

I've been away for a couple of days and it looks like I have some catching up to do B)

Sparrowhawk is NOT a poser. He is a former Chairman's Preferred who spent north of $50K per year for the privilege of being used, lied to, and abused by former US Airways senior management, so his credibility is without question. He and several other FORMER high profile customers tried to get Chris Chiames and Ben Baldanza to recognize where the majority of their revenue came from, BEFORE America West completely watered down the product, but the high cost of cheap intervened. Companies fail because they don't listen to their most important customers, and US Airways is no exception. Listening is a skill that can make or break a company, and when people like Sparrowhawk, Art at ISP, and Longing4Piedmont speak on this forum, their comments should be respected and taken seriously. Just these 3 customers were worth at least $200K per year to US Airways and they have either left or seriously curtailed their spend due to the ignorance of US management, yet Tempe does not seem to care. Multiply that by 40 or 50 more Chairman's Preferred who don't complain, but just stop flying US, and then you have serious revenue erosion. Customer service is all that keeps the airlines separate from each other, yet no one in senior management seems to care.

Thank you SpinDoc for that well written and accurate post. I will also add that after some other members of our organization got fed up with getting little or no satisfaction from Tempe a couple of years back, they asked us to arrange status matches with other airlines, and between 150-200 customers Gold and higher (the overhwelming majority were Chairman's) were matched to CO or DL, and most have never looked back.

For every unhappy customer that you may hear from there are 10 who remain silent, like you said. In our case the straw which broke the camel's back was when a past director of Customer Relations asked me for a list of names of 10 disgruntled Chairman's who were ready to bolt. I gave her 64 names after getting their permission, and after 30 days this person had not contacted a single one!

Personally, I had gone over 4 years without setting foot on US metal, and to date have taken 2 trips, including my first trip through PHL from ISP last week. I got to see people I had not seen in 4 and a half years, and was touched by the warm welcome I received.

To your point, however, customer service makes all the difference in the world. The folks I got to visit with in PHL, ISP and CLT last week are a living example of the amazing front liners which US is encouraging to leave today......sad...

Thank you for your kind words, SpinDoc. You hit the nail on the head. At least Ben Baldanza was honest and up front with us...an attribute unheard of by this current crew.....

My BEST to you all....

Thank you sir for one of the best post I've read & may I add Art, Sparrowhawk & L4PI are all personal friends of mine & care more for us & than anyone in the sand castle.

Fantastic to see you know the process.

Upsetting to know you feel the need to come here instead.

How many pilots to you think need to email anyone at the company over a CR issue? Think a little please before you post.

I bet those yellow lanyards really get to you flex. I am going to ask the next REAL USAir pilot when I see one for one so I can wear it when I pass through Franke International PHX next time. Look for us. We will be checking the list when your group shows up for a ride. Count on it.

Fantastic to see you know the process.

Upsetting to know you feel the need to come here instead.

How many pilots to you think need to email anyone at the company over a CR issue? Think a little please before you post.

I bet those yellow lanyards really get to you flex. I am going to ask the next REAL USAir pilot when I see one for one so I can wear it when I pass through Franke International PHX next time. Look for us. We will be checking the list when your group shows up for a ride. Count on it. I am wait ing to see the excuse the Franke Team has when they are told they can't stop you. Did they ever set themselves up for failure. But they do that a lot.

I bet those yellow lanyards really get to you flex. I am going to ask the next REAL USAir pilot when I see one for one so I can wear it when I pass through Franke International PHX next time. Look for us. We will be checking the list when your group shows up for a ride. Count on it.

You do that whoever you were last week.

I could care less about your lanyards. Hell, wear those pink panties you guys are giving each other out there.

Great post, SpinDoc!

I personally know SparrowHawk, and I can assure everyone who doubts his identity a former CP (customer only; not an employee) that he is the real deal.

I would also like to add that people like SparrowHawk, Art & longing4piedmont (and me, too, although I was only a Gold and my spend was only in the $5K range) stuck with US during its darkest days during and between the 2 bankruptcies. We offered our advice and opinions to Management, and while they did not always take our advice (their mistake :lol: ), they always kept the lines of communication open. That's the reason why many of us did not abandon them when times were tough.

Latest posts