South America

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
Do not be surprised if US Airways obtains a small part of Delta Air Lines, which could include route authority to four cities, including Rio de Janeiro and San Paulo. The potential transaction could include equipment and some pilots to provide a turnkey operation.

Best regards,

USA320Pilot

SSShhhhh....super secret double lock down information...

Screw the pilots, Not needed for a turnkey operation. i'm sure many of our furloughees have just as many years exp. operating down there as they do.....

Do not be surprised if US Airways obtains a small part of Delta Air Lines, which could include route authority to four cities, including Rio de Janeiro and San Paulo. The potential transaction could include equipment and some pilots to provide a turnkey operation.

Best regards,

USA320Pilot

I hope you are correct, however I can't imagine DL selling their ATL-RIO authority. All it would take in the case of equipment is a DL 762 - the US 762s are too weak for the trip. Also, Parker earlier this year responded to a ? with a statement that he was not interested in deep South America. An opportunity of course could change that. Wonder if they would use CLT as the gateway, or stick with PHL. My bet is PHL - if it happens.

Best regards,

USA320Pilot
Ooh this is good.

I'm gonna post this on the DL board and ask their version of USA320Pilot to chime in.

Best regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot,

this sounds interesting, however, in direct contradiction to what Delta management have said how they'll turn around their operation.

Focus on overseas routes/less competition...(BTW, they're building up JFK using Mesa for shorthaul operation). Their South America operation might be too small to make a dent, and they're (re-)focusing on Europe...

This still leaves the question:If US Airways starts MIA-Central/South America, the additional Delta routes might make sense.

My take: It's a bone, since we're in negotiations!!! And who's better to spread rumors than our friendly fellow pilot!

SoftLanding

BINGO!!! Sounds like the leaking of a "possible" bone to me.

SL gets the prize. Actually, this works for mgmt of both carriers in holding out a carrot (US) and a stick (DL) for deailing with their respective workgroups.

Could it happen? Sure...but don't bet your lunch money on it. These routes are tangential to DL's current focus of European expansion, so they might be willing to part with them, but...it would have to be CHEAP for US to want to go after it. Thus far, DL has not shown any inclination to go into fire sale mode.

What's this one called? "Operation Peachtree Bulldozer"?

I heard from a guy whose second cousin is the room-mate of the guy who delivers the newspaper to Stephen Wolf's butcher that after they acquire this portion of Delta, the DOJ will finally approve the United merger.

If obtained, the routes would likely to be flown out of CLT.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Best regards,

USA320Pilot

As Crzipilot implied, many of the 99 hires were non-scheders...why take on DAL pilots when you have a slue of furloughed pilots who spent most of their time pre and post U flying down south....end I don't mean Florida.

DL's net income for July was $69 million. It's closer to 100 without restructuring charges.

They had a decent operating income for Q2.

Figure it out.

What's this one called? "Operation Peachtree Bulldozer"?

I heard from a guy whose second cousin is the room-mate of the guy who delivers the newspaper to Stephen Wolf's butcher that after they acquire this portion of Delta, the DOJ will finally approve the United merger.
Too funny :lol: And where do they hold these clandestine meetings? Most likely the Seashell Lounge in Moon Township isn't where the all the "NEWS" originates since PIT isn't a Hub city anymore. And I can only imagine the increased heart rate and escalating blood pressure from the "other" airline prognasticator over at Delta, the enlightened one, World Traveller :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do not forget about ALPA Scope Protection, Fragmentation Clauses, the ALPA Constitution and Bylaws, and the ALPA Policy Manual when considering M&A actvity.

Oh yea...

By the way, click here for today's AWA ALPA MEC chairman's report, which discusses the West pilot leadership's view about potential M&A activity for US Airways Group.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Back