USAirways to Take Over DL South America Routes!

which I believe includes everyone except for AA at this point.

it's even better when a company uses bankruptcy and then comes out as a winner. Suppose that's what Congress had in mind when they passed bankruptcy laws?

it's even better when a company uses bankruptcy and then comes out as a winner. Suppose that's what Congress had in mind when they passed bankruptcy laws?

No it isn't.

Many in the aviation business have gotten far more creative with what is legal, then what is right or even what was intended. I suppose it was good business to underfund pensions for years, even when times were good, just to basically lie to employees that their futures were secure and this is the amount of money you can expect after all your years of service to us. Or stick it to the taxpayers to pay the shortage of the monies you had agreed to pay for that promose.

Folks who scheme and think as you suggest sicken me. I'd rather have a (more honest) crook hold me up at gunpoint. At least he isn't trying to convince me he has my best interests at heart.

sounds to me like the pot calling the kettle black, sweetheart.

whether you like it or not, bankruptcy law is part of the US Code. While no business wants to use it, the reality is the US government said it was the means which legacy airlines should use to restructure themselves.

So, AA gets extra credit for being at least able to restructure and go with the flow w/o resorting to BK.

For the rest, it becomes a "contest" to see who successfully restructures themselves and becomes sustainable on a long term basis. History shows that BK does not necessarily translate into longterm viability and you all know who I think will be long term winnters in this industry... and who will NOT be acquiring DL's Latin American assets.

The truth of the matter is that no one really gets 'extra credit' for anything. BK laws exist and are legally allowable to be used if a company needs it. Passengers have proved that they don't care, one way or the other, so AA may someday regret that they didn't take advantage of the once massively leniant bk laws which are now much more stringent.

whether you like it or not, bankruptcy law is part of the US Code. While no business wants to use it, the reality is the US government said it was the means which legacy airlines should use to restructure themselves.

The same bankruptcy code that they rushed to change after a man named Lorenzo used it to fire everyone at Continental then offer them their jobs back at half pay?

Don't you just hate it when airlines actually survive on their own?

Hiding behind the robes of a bankruptcy court judge hardly constitutes "On their own" now does it?

Back