USAirways to Take Over DL South America Routes!

Bear96

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
Good authority ( :D ) on the USAirways board is offering this prediction:

Do not be surprised if US Airways obtains a small part of Delta Air Lines, which could include route authority to four cities, including Rio de Janeiro and San Paulo. The potential transaction could include equipment and some pilots to provide a turnkey operation.

Best regards,

USA320Pilot
Discuss.

to my knowledge (I could be wrong) I think none of his predictions have come true.

Now jcw, that's no way to get this thread off to a fun start!

I'm sure started by the same brain trust that thinks that US is going to succeed in acquiring DL.

Laughable hallucination. And we know how well US has done in Latin America to the cities they could fly to on their own.

I'm sure started by the same brain trust that thinks that US is going to succeed in acquiring DL.

Laughable hallucination. And we know how well US has done in Latin America to the cities they could fly to on their own.
Actually, US does quite well to SJO, BZE, LIR and GUA :up: This does sound like a stretch, though. But considering Deltas predicament I wouldn't be surprized if they start selling the furniture.

That's a caustic non-denial denial.

Frankly, I would pay good money to see you and USA320 Pilot locked in a cage to do battle. But I guess we all have our fantisies.

beyond ludicrous. those are some of Delta's most profitable routes.

it's likely that's something US Airways is throwing at the wall to see if it sticks. unless Delta is suddenly taken over by Carl Ichan then the probability of this happening is about zero. maybe less. ;)

beyond ludicrous. those are some of Delta's most profitable routes.

it's likely that's something US Airways is throwing at the wall to see if it sticks. unless Delta is suddenly taken over by Carl Ichan then the probability of this happening is about zero. maybe less. ;)
It runs along the same lines that WT predicted.............DAL would take over UA's ORD operation.

DElta selling GRU and planes is as likely as Flying to CUBA today on USAIR. NOT HAPPENING.

Well, For US to be trying to go to SA, would be the next logical part of the world for them to expand, since they WON'T be flying to ASIA any DECADE soon ! :shock:

(one "possible" PHL/NRT excluded)

NH/BB's

Won't you absolutely be frosted, NHBB, when NW later decides they'd rather merge with US than be chopped up into tiny little pieces by NW? (since you have an absolute fascination with AA's acquisition of NW)

Don't be so quick to write off US' ability to serve Asia. Or anyone's for that matter.

Back