Southwest Airlines To Begin Pittsburgh Service

to swafa30...

how does it feel to deal with these screaming babies and yelling fathers and not to mention flight attendants? is your five year contract up?

to elp:

i would rather have the opportunity to sleep overnight in an airport with the option of flying a quality airline than board one of your swa flights.

noluv said:
to swafa30...

how does it feel to deal with these screaming babies and yelling fathers and not to mention flight attendants? is your five year contract up?
[post="236580"][/post]​

Not much you can do with a screaming baby...plugged ears when you are too young to valsalva has to be unbearable. I'm not a parent but I'm guessing that the only thing worse than an inconsolable child...is an an inconsolable child and a flight attendant in your face asking you to make junior be quiet. Babies cry. Screaming fathers will pipe down or they will have a nice chat with the TSA. The real problem in these situations are the prima donna passengers who think that even though a child's own mother can't comfort it...somehow I can. For them I have 3 words...BOSE...QuietComfort...Headphones.

I feel fine about the Flight Attendants....if I didn't...I wouldn't be one of em.

5 Year Contract?

That's jetBlue.

noluv said:
a world renowned company, of which i am an employee, booked me on a southwest airlines flight. this flight departed from bwi and was 3+hours long. since swa does not offer first class, or for that matter envoy(business)class, i was forced to hear a screaming child
[post="236568"][/post]​

Sorry that you had to listen to something you don't like. However, if you're forced by your company to fly Southwest--even after sleeping in the terminal all night--please take a quick glance around when you board the aircraft. At SWA the babies and disabled board first and usually sit in the front rows. To avoid listening to them try rows 9 or 16. These magical numbered rows also get served drinks more quickly so you can drown out the headaches. The PA systems also tend to be much quieter in the back of the airplanes so any annoying PAs will be quite muted. I realize SWA probably won't see you, but if you do get stuck hopefully this info will help.

noluv said:
a world renowned company, of which i am an employee, booked me on a southwest airlines flight. this flight departed from bwi and was 3+hours long. since swa does not offer first class, or for that matter envoy(business)class, i was forced to hear a screaming child/not to mention the flight attendant on the p/a, for the entire flight. on top of that, the father thought it was appropriate to yell louder than the child to repremand him. thank god for usairways, i wish them the best with their hardships. after the "head honchos" of my company heard of this ordeal, they will not EVER send employees flying on swa. these flight attendants deserve their wages, i feel sorry that they are the reason that standards in the airline industry have been lowered......just look at how they are dressed!! VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!!
[post="236568"][/post]​

Whats worse, a crying child or a whining adult? I think your name says it all, TROLL-BOY, get off our board and go back under the rock you creeped out from, :p .

:D The "crying babies" I usually have the hardest time with are over the age of 25. :D

"Sorry your Gulfstream is in the shop sir, and I'll be happy to refresh your drink"

WNrforlife said:
Wooohooo!!! This will put the final nail in the coffin of USAir.
Did you see the pathetic attempt by Delta today to compete with us? What a joke. :p :down: :down:

.............your SERIOUSLY sick, man. Coffin of USAir?....that company is comprised of 28,000 HUMAN BEINGS who support themselves and their FAMILIES there. That YOU, WNrforlife would "wooooohoooo" at a struggling company is like someone woooohoooing at Southwest when they have a fatal crash. HOW CLASSY, huh?
YOU REPRESENT SOUTHWEST on these boards and YOUR COMMENT was DISGUSTING. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

SWAFA30 said:
.....just look at how they are dressed!! VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!!

No First Class...No Business Class...Screaming babies...what would be the point of getting dressed up and looking all "professional" for that? Makes about as much sense as wearing your best suit out to mow the lawn.
[post="236575"][/post]​
Southwest flight attendants always have clean well maintained uniforms. US Airways are worn, wrinkled and filthy!!

SKY HIGH said:
YOU REPRESENT SOUTHWEST on these boards and YOUR COMMENT was DISGUSTING. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
[post="236753"][/post]​
To be clear, WNrforlife is not (AFAIK) an employee of WN.

mweiss said:
To be clear, WNrforlife is not (AFAIK) an employee of WN.

that's INTERESTING, in that his comment was:
Did you see the pathetic attempt by Delta today to compete with us? What a joke.

.......................COMPETE WITH "US"?

balloonguy said:
Southwest flight attendants always have clean well maintained uniforms. US Airways are worn, wrinkled and filthy!!

BOTH AIRLINES have that 1 percent who dont care about their appearance.

NICE TRY, THOUGH, BALLONMAN.

Back to the Topic:

Any guesses as the start-up/near term WN PIT schedule will look like?

3 MDW
4 BWI
2 MCO
2 TPA
1 LAS
1 PHX

These seem pretty likely to me

What's the gate situation in PHL? If WN gets another gate there, I'd add 3 PHL flights to my list

Other possibile routes:

3 PVD
2 MHT
1 HOU
1 FLL

SKY HIGH,

Anybody can come on these boards and claim to be anybody they want to be. Quite frankly, I have serious doubts as to whether WNrforlife is a true SWA employee. It's been my personal observation that he serves as little more than a troll on this board. Since he first appeared on this board, all he does is serve up hateful comments that do little more than cast SWA employees in a poor light.

If he is a SWA employee, trust me when I say that his attitude is NOT indicative of most Southwest employees. I know many Southwest employees who have had the misfortunate of being laid off from one airline or another (or left because they saw the warning signs at their previous airlines), so they take no joy in the pain of other airline employees. They sympathize with it all too well. Trust me on that one.

And lest we ever forget and become too cocky in our success, it could happen to us as well -- one day.

Best wishes.

hobbes said:
SKY HIGH,
I know many Southwest employees who have had the misfortunate of being laid off from one airline or another (or left because they saw the warning signs at their previous airlines), so they take no joy in the pain of other airline employees. They sympathize with it all too well. Trust me on that one.
And lest we ever forget and become too cocky in our success, it could happen to us as well -- one day.
Best wishes.

sky high states:
Hobbes, You are sooo right! I've endured SEVERAL carriers in my 26 years in this industry. It's a "passion" I cant give up and WORRY ALOT that I may NOT have a choice in the near future.
I've gone through several furloughs in my career and they've all felt like a death in the family.

thanks for your concern.

WNrforlife said:
Wooohooo!!!  This will put the final nail in the coffin of USAir.

Did you see the pathetic attempt by Delta today to compete with us?  What a joke. :p  :down:  :down:
[post="236062"][/post]​

And you are proud of this? Makes you feel warm inside? Go to hell!! This is worth a trip to the cornfield. People like you deserve to be in the next airplane crash. I can only hope. Don't worry, the self righteous moderators will yank this away but maybe you will catch it first, a##hole!!

Latest posts

Back