Station Visit for Grievance Committee election process Phoenix with District Lodge 142 General Chair

JetMech321

May 2, 2012
Members, Stewards, & Unionists,

Below is the details for a planned Station Visit for Phoenix with District Lodge 142 General Chairman, Randy Griffith and Local Lodge 2559 President, Melissa Campbell. Please see that your peers are aware of this visit.

Good afternoon,

I have arranged for Local Lodge President, Melissa Campbell and myself to visit the hangar and line this Friday. We will be there to address the questions regarding the Grievance Committee election process and the events that have transpired relating to the recent nominations.

We will meet in the hangar break room at approx. 1:00pm then proceed to the Line if possible.

Please let any interested parties (GSE, Stores, Interiors, Engine Shop, Back Shops etc.) know of this meeting as it is open to all.

Randy Griffith

IAM District 142

General Chairman

Wow.....is that ever a strange concept...an AGC to visit a station and speak with the members!!!

I'm sorry but I find this laughable. I've been on here 10 years and in that time I've no recollection of any dues grubbing IAM Elite coming to a US hub just to "Listen" more like shore up support in case of a merger and the TWU winning the election and cutting off the dues revenue stream to the senior management of the IAM.

IAM= I'm About Money

Reactions: 1 person
IAM= I'll ask management!! Spot on about the elite starting their "station visits"....usually comes due when there is talk about another union!!!

IAM= I'll ask management!! Spot on about the elite starting their "station visits"....usually comes due when there is talk about another union!!!

PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong but with OT a line mech TOS can earn around 70K.

For the life of me I can not understand how a guy like Buffenbarger who hauls down over a quarter of a Million can have idea one what it's like to work as a mech at a major airline.

I'm sorry but I find this laughable. I've been on here 10 years and in that time I've no recollection of any dues grubbing IAM Elite coming to a US hub just to "Listen" more like shore up support in case of a merger and the TWU winning the election and cutting off the dues revenue stream to the senior management of the IAM.

IAM= I'm About Money

See there you go, you know nothing about the GCs and the station visits, in CLT we had one or two GCs there almost every day. And he would visit the property all the time.

Just because it isnt posted on here doesnt mean they werent there, Also PIT had a full time GC there.

Ignorance is bliss, isnt it?

And Buffenbarger was an employee of GE in Ohio, and the aerospace division is the largest part of the IAM, not airlines.

And base salary without OT at US is around $73,000 a year.

Reactions: 1 person
See there you go, you know nothing about the GCs and the station visits, in CLT we had one or two GCs there almost every day. And he would visit the property all the time.

Just because it isnt posted on here doesnt mean they werent there, Also PIT had a full time GC there.

Ignorance is bliss, isnt it?

And Buffenbarger was an employee of GE in Ohio, and the aerospace division is the largest part of the IAM, not airlines.

As with Republicans and Democrats, Unions and in particular the IAM. are so out of touch with the average working class Jane and Joe as to be nearly irrelevant. They are clueless and seek to enrich themselves at the expense of those who pay their salaries.

Now that the IAM's dues stream is threatened all of a sudden they "Get Religion"? PLEASE!

IAM= I'm About Money

If it's any consolation to the LCC guys and gals, the same attitude evidently prevails at AA regarding the TWU. The union honchos are interested only in their perks and salaries. According to the TWU members, the union slogan is "We'll get 'em next time, boys." This is said immediately following the distribution of another concessionary TA.

It will be an interesting ride in the upcoming months as this merger starts to develope. Will the TWU or the IAM will represent the mechanics. Or will we unite under a totally different union.

Topped out mech $28.48hr+$1.75lic +$1.75 lic=$31.98 hr x 2080hr/yr=$66518yr Shift diff can add another .50+hr and lead another $1.00. Subtract the $66.40 mo IAM dues...not sure how you come up with the 73k/yr and this is for a 10yr topped out mechanic....Let not forget when working OT only 1.5x apples to base and not lic or shift diff...

Topped out mech $28.48hr+$1.75lic +$1.75 lic=$31.98 hr x 2080hr/yr=$66518yr Shift diff can add another .50+hr and lead another $1.00. Subtract the $66.40 mo IAM dues...not sure how you come up with the 73k/yr and this is for a 10yr topped out mechanic....Let not forget when working OT only 1.5x apples to base and not lic or shift diff...

Not that 66K or 73K is bad money, it does however say a few things. Truth is a competent Auto Mechanic working non union in a good shop can easily earn more. This is especially true in high end or performance cars.

Secondly, there is no FAA oversight and you don't have those issues to deal with should something happen.

Most Auto Mechs are home holidays evenings and weekends which is important for those with young kids or ill parents.

The airlines have the workers over a barrel as there is so much competition driving down fares and stagnating wages the IAM and others are ineffective paper tigers as a result. So they focus on advancing political agenda that membership doesn't always support. Also why would a "Good Union Man" take 3 to 4 times what his members earn to "lead" them? Greed is not only in the boardroom it;s in the Union Hall too.