Stay far far away from the teamsters

IMHO, "for unions" the EAL sacrifice (and it was a self sacrifice) performed the best for Airline Workers.
You and I have benefited from the EAL strike for many years.
Many laws changed due to their sacrifice. Lorenzo was banned from aviation (but should have been jailed)!
The teaching from the EAL strike is that to maintain a decent level of humanity must be met with resistance.
I was a 47% er on the UAL M&R contract in BK. Problem is, if you can not stand up on your own two feet, who will?
Wait for the next guy?

CO does not do HMV in-house. Unless you consider a C-Check as HMV. :lol:
There is no significant maintenance, back-shops, etc... at CO.
B) xUT
Then AW&ST is wrong. They list all airframe work as done by CO. Only wide bodies are done outside. I believe AW&ST before you bro.

They list all airframe overhaul as done by CO. HMV is listed as done by HAECO on the 767 & 777.

Very misleading

WN - work was farmed out from day one. IBT never gave anything up as you say. AMFA did however allow 4 lines to be outsourced to El Salvador without a fight.

UPS - again never had heavy overhaul

CAL - farmed everything out back in 1983 and then CAL farmed everything out before the IBT. The IBT actually was involved in bringing all 737 and now 757 work back in house.

UAL - IBT came in after all the airframe work was farmed out, much if it on AMFA's watch.

Frontier - BK is a b&%ch ain't it? NW and UA found that out. Now we will too.

Horizon is a sad story.

AMFA lost 90% of their members in less than a decade. With AMFA you will have nothing.
You might start looking for employment somewhere else because
I don't think you are going to like the outcome.The TWU is DEAD at AA!

Reactions: 1 person
In regard to the Teamsters at AA, have you noticed a strange absence of IBT representatives from these forums? They are well aware that there are endless threads of discussions ongoing and could easily gauge interest and debate the merits of the IBT over the TWU at will. You notice how quickly the discussion went from the IBM sucks, without rebuttal, to how much AMFA sucks. Just another teAAm overspeed battle front.

Very misleading

WN - work was farmed out from day one. IBT never gave anything up as you say. AMFA did however allow 4 lines to be outsourced to El Salvador without a fight.

UPS - again never had heavy overhaul

CAL - farmed everything out back in 1983 and then CAL farmed everything out before the IBT. The IBT actually was involved in bringing all 737 and now 757 work back in house.

UAL - IBT came in after all the airframe work was farmed out, much if it on AMFA's watch.

Frontier - BK is a b&%ch ain't it? NW and UA found that out. Now we will too.

Horizon is a sad story.

AMFA lost 90% of their members in less than a decade. With AMFA you will have nothing.

I suppose you have "something" with the TWU? ...Jeez give me a break..Go ahead sheeplet keep plying the TWu and their promises. .All you guys have done is drive industry wages down into the gutter. At least the money I earn today is a direct result of AMFA RAISING the bar wage wise. Too bad your company and union keep digging a new low in mechanic wages and benefits...

Reactions: 3 people
It's actually getting to hilarious to read this thread.

The TWU supporter picks and chooses what he wants to make the TWU look good.
The AMFA supporters pick and choose what they want to make AMFA look good.

I thread could probably go on for 500 pages and the finger pointing still wouldn't stop. :D

It's actually getting to hilarious to read this thread.

The TWU supporter picks and chooses what he wants to make the TWU look good.
The AMFA supporters pick and choose what they want to make AMFA look good.

I thread could probably go on for 500 pages and the finger pointing still wouldn't stop. :D

LOL, you are right, but..........................................

There are a few indisputable points that the anti-AMFA crowd keeps ignoring;

1) AMFA is the only democratic union that every leader is electable and accountable by recall
2) AMFA is the only union that it's leaders take a pay cut when the membership does.
3) AMFA is the only union that is all the same profession, so any loss for the membership is a loss for the leadership as they are A&P's also.

Actually, there are more than a few. I could go on and on, but we all know what the best organization is to represent the A&P profession.....

AMFA will be at all airlines........................soon.

The IAM at US and UA took concessions when the rank and file did.

So AMFA isnt the only union where the leadership took concessions when the members did.

Try again.

And Dell was a butcher, lol.

Then AW&ST is wrong. They list all airframe work as done by CO. Only wide bodies are done outside. I believe AW&ST before you bro.

They list all airframe overhaul as done by CO. HMV is listed as done by HAECO on the 767 & 777.
Your union (the TWU) said last year that CO contracts out its heavy airframe overhaul to Hong Kong (widebodies) and other outsourced domestic locations (single-aisle). Engine overhauls are performed in Spain and other outsourced domestic locations (CO has power-by-the-hour agreements on many of its engines) and other components are outsourced to France and other domestic outsourced locations. There is a chart on page 8 of the .pdf linked below:

http://www.twu562.org/2011/03-11/Aircraft%20Maintenance%20-Maintained%20in%20America%20Final%20March%203-2011.pdf

CO employed about 4,000 mechanics and related when it merged with UA.

Reactions: 2 people
Your union (the TWU) said last year that CO contracts out its heavy airframe overhaul to Hong Kong (widebodies) and other outsourced domestic locations (single-aisle). Engine overhauls are performed in Spain and other outsourced domestic locations (CO has power-by-the-hour agreements on many of its engines) and other components are outsourced to France and other domestic outsourced locations. There is a chart on page 8 of the .pdf linked below:

http://www.twu562.or...arch 3-2011.pdf

CO employed about 4,000 mechanics and related when it merged with UA.

DAMN!!!

Is Overspeed the Liar? Or is the TWU the Liar?
Decisions .... Decisions.....

The tangled web is get thicker

I worked for CAL and now the new UA,

I can assure you we do nothing heavier than a C-check............ and, only on some of our 37's and 57's. No back shops.
CAL farms out more than 65% of our work. The teamsters have done nothing to gain work back. Contractually all CAL had to do was one 37 c-check. They did the others on their own will, not because of the WEAK teamster contract.

The only thing we hear from the teamsters is the company can do that, they have a right to manage. It's a running joke here that the company and union are the same entity.

Actually, more people trusted CAL than they do the teamsters, LOL...

Clarification: your heaviest check is a C or D?

C..............

We do 2 37 C in MCO,
We do 1 57 C in IAH
We do 1 or 2 37 C's in IAH/HOU

All together we do maybe 4............ 5 TOPS.

Nobody at CAL even knows what a D is. They think C is a heavy check, LOL. To CAL, if the plane stays more than 4 days, it's a heavy check, LOL.

Don't forget, half of the teamster @ CAL leadership are SCABS. They don't know what professionalism or respect for the craft is. We have confirmed at least 4 leaders that crossed the CAL/IAM picket line in 83.

Sounds like CO does not actually perform any D checks (Heavy C checks in AA parlance).

Looks like Overstate err, Overspeed is busted.

Question: Does anyone know if Southwest performs D checks (or Heavy C checks) in its three (soon to be four) lines at DAL? Or do they simply perform C checks? WN publicly says in its 10-K that heavy airframe overhauls are outsourced but many posts on this website seem to imply otherwise.

Latest posts