Priority 1 rid ourselves of the TWU

SWAMT - [background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]Well if he was "dumb", then why did Lee Seham represent him and he was re-instated with FULL BACK PAY?[/background]

It took me some time but I had the Local check his case and the primary reason the arbitrator granted it was because Dan was denied his 29f rights (denial of Union Representation). That happens every so often because management supervisors aren't the brightest people around. Kind of reminds you of Dan doesn't it?

SWAMT - [background=rgb(255,255,255)]Well if he was "dumb", then why did Lee Seham represent him and he was re-instated with FULL BACK PAY?[/background]

It took me some time but I had the Local check his case and the primary reason the arbitrator granted it was because Dan was denied his 29f rights (denial of Union Representation). That happens every so often because management supervisors aren't the brightest people around. Kind of reminds you of Dan doesn't it?

Chikky,

Your logic sounds like that of a supervisor.

Are you planning on moving up?

DNTULSA Chikky,

Your logic sounds like that of a supervisor.

Are you planning on moving up?

I researched and found the documented answer and your comeback is a silly rejoinder?
What a putz, but it does follow in the AMFA tradition. If you can't deal with the truth, improvise.

Reactions: 1 person
poor excuse for hiding behind an alias. Great leadership qualities that demonstrates and the aliases have such strong opinions but not strong enough to identify themselves. Thats someone I give alot of credibility to.
with that submissive mentality no wonder we dont act like a union because you are afraid someone might see you or hear what you have to say. thats just great, no wonder we are the leading concessionary union.

Not an excuse but a Reality. You really should stick to your subjects you have knowledge in rather than shower others with your Total Ignorance of the general internet. It seems as though you can somewhat hold your own in a conversation about union related subjects but when it comes to trying to guide someone thru the DO's and DON'Ts of having an internet experience while still maintaining Cyber Security you evidently are clueless. I have a side business as do you or so I have read. Mine is working on and building PCs & Linux machines. I repair boxs & laptops daily that someone such as yourself has displayed their poor judgment on the net thinking like you evidently do. What you consider is being honorable and having courage on the net is in one of the most Idiotic and Irresponsible decisions one can make in the environment in which we are interacting. Most importantly having Credibility with you or the other two inept and/or incompetent internet gurus that constantly hound others about aliases is really low on my list of priorities.

For you to tell me I need to use my real name on the net instead of an alias equates to me telling you that during your marital counseling sessions you need to elbow an irritable husband in the mouth to get control of the situation. In both situations we have shown our Ignorance and proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that we should stick to what we know and save ourselves the embarrassment of looking like an idiot. Comparing being a Union and using an Alias is quite a stretch and a bad comparison.

I was a leader as in a NCO in an Infantry Unit so don't preach anything to me about leadership. If you really want to be a good one right now you will do as I used to do bad situations when it seemed there was no light at the end. You and Bob and the rest of the systemwide leadership will suck it up. Adapt and Overcome and quit all your finger pointing, whining and griping and realize It is what It is and you guys as in Leadership are who the Membership looks to and consider if you idiots can't keep your composure and be strong and collected even when it seems hopeless how do you expect them to. All the pathetic name calling and pointing of blame really should subside because it will fix nothing and defiantly kill any chance of Unity.

No response huh Chuck ? I have been patiently waiting for some more of your world winning advice.

Reactions: 1 person
The fact is you didn't listen to us you voted yes, we said keep voting no until they come up with something that's acceptable. Even if we had voted in the 2010 TA we would still be near the bottom. Who knows if we had settled then maybe USAir would have struck a deal that put them ahead of us. You make your decisions based on the info available at the time. The reason why we got screwed is because after rejection the Interational would not push for a release. Instead they drug things out in fact the date wheat was finally determined that they would ask was the day after they filed . Guess who picked that date? 514. The pilots rejected their contract in 1997 and asked to be released, they were, then they went to a PEB where they didn't go to the bottom of the industry like us, they even cme out of the 2003 BK and stayed at the top until six months into AAs Bk. If the International had pushed hard for a release back in 2010 after the membership rejected the TA more than likely we too would have ended up in a PEB. We would have went in with the lowest sick time, vaction holidays etc.

So you can try and spin things around but to me the ATD did everything they could to drag things out and punish the members for rejecting the TA. We rejected the TA in August of 2010 after 3 years of negotiations and over a year of mediation , we should have been demanding a release immediately following the vote count. Thats how pretty much every other union does it.

Bob, I understand you are an elected official with the TWU, am I correct? If so, what was the official union position on this last TA that the mechanics just voted? I know your position, but did the leadership recommend a no vote as well?

Just curios.

Latest posts