Priority 1 rid ourselves of the TWU

proAMT

Advanced
Dec 3, 2005
SEA
At this point I believe beyond a shadow of doubt that it is in the best interests of the Mechanics and Related class and craft to RID OURSELVES OF THE TWU.

The question is whether to support the Teamsters or to support AMFA.

Teamsters claim they can reopen the contract. Teamsters claim they will not attempt to represent other work groups. I personally believe these promises are pie in the sky....however,

I believe our first priority should be to remove the TWU.

Some claim that the Teamsters running right now is an attempt to keep AMFA out and to keep the TWU in. The Teamsters, of course, deny this.

Are the Teamsters sincere? I can't say for sure. But what I do know is that the timing of the Teamsters and AMFA's drive can and very well will keep us from having an election to remove the TWU.

THE TWU MUST GO!!!!!!!!!!!

To this end I believe it is important to fill out both Teamster and AMFA cards.

We'll gladly sort it out in May or June of next year at the election but in keeping our eye on the ball (ridding ourselves of the TWU) at least one of these unions must achieve the required 50%+1.

The consequences of just filling out Teamsters cards.

1) The Teamsters might not achieve the amount of cards required for an election while at the same time keeping AMFA from collecting enough support to file.

2) The Teamsters might achieve the amount and claim they haven't. Insuring continued TWU representation.

The consequences of just filling out AMFA cards.

1) A 50%+1 consensus might never be reached as Teamster support has interfered with efforts to collect enough AMFA cards for an election. It is difficult under normal circumstances to achieve such a high number of signed cards in a workforce as diverse and spread out geographically as ours but with another union card drive going on it is even more difficult.

I know I am about to receive much condemnation for this point of view but I believe it is our best option as far as insuring that we are NEVER REPRESENTED BY THE TWU AGAIN!!!!

I urge you to fill them both out! Don't play into more divide and conquer.

Our best option is for the Teamster and AMFA forces to unite against the TWU if we truly want to rid ourselves of this company union.

Do not sign a teamsters card. We agree with removing the industrial, catch all, undemocratic, unaccountable twu so why would we want to replace them with the industrial, catch all, undemocratic, unaccountable teamsters?

AMFA is the only craft, democratic, accountable union for our craft and class. Simply read the AMFA constitution and compare it to the twu/teamsters.

proAMT, you are right in that the teamsters are here to foil the AMFA drive. If the teamsters were so interested in organizing AA why did they not organize during the AMP drive?

GO AMFA!

hey mighty rat I think you would get more amfa cards if you stayed away. many people do not like you and I think that is keeping many tulsa fence riding folks from signing an amfa card.
AMFA needs some new blood if it is going to be victorious.

Reactions: 2 people
Hey Whatabuger,

Ken is right.

Why replace the TWU with IBT? What's the point?

Like it or not, AMFA is the only real change.

You all have a choice, Since you'all are in the minority here at AA? Why not do us all a favor and Quit?
I beleive this would achieve your goal!!!

In Solidarity,

CIO

You all have a choice, Since you'all are in the minority here at AA? Why not do us all a favor and Quit?

In Solidarity,

CIO

When the early outs are gone and the bottom of the seniority list is cut to shreds WE will be the majority!!

Reactions: 1 person

In Solidarity,

CIO

I will personally offer you the same invite soon. And I will word it exactly the same.

In Solidarity,

CIO

Firing you, company union boy, will give me more satisfaction than quitting would.

Reactions: 2 people
hey mighty rat I think you would get more amfa cards if you stayed away. many people do not like you and I think that is keeping many tulsa fence riding folks from signing an amfa card.
AMFA needs some new blood if it is going to be victorious.

dobby,

You think I am promoting AMFA to make friends?

I am promoting AMFA because AMFA's structure of having ALL officers elected by the membership is what is needed to have accountability.

You don't agree with the fact of my post above so from behind an alias you attempt to insult me. Now that is unfriendly.

I don't have friends? I agree. Anyone in the twu international that is appointed and unaccountable probably doesn't like me. I'm sure King George didn't care much for the Colonists either.

By the way. If making friends means selling out my beliefs, craft & profession so I can promote an industrial, catch all union where appointed officers make 3X what the membership makes I'll pass.

GO AMFA!

I don't know if you guys are gonna be successful in accomplishing your goals, but damn, y'all sure do
provide some quality free entertainment!

Reactions: 4 people
I will not sign a teamsters card and neither will most of the line! But we do need to get rid of the twu

Latest posts