Priority 1 rid ourselves of the TWU

[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]

Well if he was "dumb", then why did Lee Seham represent him and he was re-instated with FULL BACK PAY?

You missed the point TWU informer: Dumb was putting himself in a position to get fired over a T-shirt. It shouldn't have happened, and obviously the arbitrator agreed. I doubt though that Dan was just strolling by, didn't say a word, and then got hit by lightening. Give me a break. That's what was dumb and if you can't see that, you make a perfect couple.[/background]

What is dumb is promoting the twu to represent AMTs.
What is dumb is promoting the teamsters to represent AMTs.
Perfect couple? Like those appointed to the international?

Reactions: 1 person
Nine years after 2003 contracts our FA's and pilot's are still considered to have industry leading contracts, the TWU represented FSC is considered industry leading, which is great, but the mechanics are considered at the bottom, I wish we receaved the same representation as the ramp guys, and don't give me that BS of we have more mechanics then everybody else, that is by choice of AA. That is reason enough to move from the TWU.

No union does well in BK, but we were the lowest before BK. The TWU's action while we are in BK Is not what I'm complaining about.

Reactions: 5 people
No union does well in BK, but we were the lowest before BK. The TWU's action while we are in BK Is not what I'm complaining about.

We wouldn’t have been (the lowest) if we hadn’t listened to the Vote No Cheer Leaders earlier in the negotiations or during the 2010 T/A vote. They convinced enough of you that they had a secret plan and that things would change. They were right as usual. Things did change, and got a hell of a lot worse!

Kenny MacT - Re: the dumb T-shirt incident. It doesn’t take much to draw you AMFA clones out of the closet does it. Your coordinated AMFA chanting reminds me of the group that used to be seen at Airports, beating a drum. Maybe a Kazoo and straw hat might help?

We wouldn’t have been (the lowest) if we hadn’t listened to the Vote No Cheer Leaders earlier in the negotiations or during the 2010 T/A vote. They convinced enough of you that they had a secret plan and that things would change. They were right as usual. Things did change, and got a hell of a lot worse!

Kenny MacT - Re: the dumb T-shirt incident. It doesn’t take much to draw you AMFA clones out of the closet does it. Your coordinated AMFA chanting reminds me of the group that used to be seen at Airports, beating a drum. Maybe a Kazoo and straw hat might help?
Please explain with all of the substandard compensated contracts since 1983, how a 2003 anything really makes a difference.

Now you are showing your age Pinky... :p

What is dumb is promoting the twu to represent AMTs.
What is dumb is promoting the teamsters to represent AMTs.
Perfect couple? Like those appointed to the international?
Under AMFA we had many people wearing IAM and Reamsters T-Shirts, buttons, etc... and were not kicked out for 'Dual Unionism' (as if there were such a thing) . Free Speech is a good thing.
B) xUT

Couple good AMFA meetings today in DFW. It was good to here from the Southwest AMT's and GSE mechanics about how their are NO wedges between their title groups, and how AMFA treats them both as mechanics weather they have a license or not. Also heard from 2 UAL mechanics about the IBT, very disturbing on how the mechanics locals are grouped in with thousands of other non-mechanic related occupations, like the bakers union and truck drivers. The IBT is the twu, but with much more corruption, and the skilled AMT's at AA will be even a bigger minority. We picked up a few more organizers, so it was a success. Hope the TULSA meeting goes just as good.

It was an eye opener. All M&R related should have been there. All questions were answered. No questions were considered out of line and not worthy of an answer. Glad I atteneded. Will also attend the one in Tulsa.

Reactions: 3 people
[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]Well if he was "dumb", then why did Lee Seham represent him and he was re-instated with FULL BACK PAY?

You missed the point TWU informer: Dumb was putting himself in a position to get fired over a T-shirt. It shouldn't have happened, and obviously the arbitrator agreed. I doubt though that Dan was just strolling by, didn't say a word, and then got hit by lightening. Give me a break. That's what was dumb and if you can't see that, you make a perfect couple.[/background]

Realityck C'mon. You need to re-read your screen name.
Here are some facts for all of you guys to consider;
1- TWU union members as well as union leaders ratted out Mr. Cunninham.
2- AA, the company and the TWU worked hand and hand together, to get Dan fired.
3- Fired for a T-shirt? People C'mon, a little common sense here.
4- TWU refused to represent DC after a termination- HOW PATHETIC
5- It took an outside union, AMFA, to represent Dan C. And only did AMFA get his job back, they also got him
his well deserved back pay as well.
6- Where in the hell was the TWU representation? You as the membership should be asking the TWU this.
7- To say that this man put himself into a position to get fired for a t-shirt is just DUMB in it's self.
8- You were not there sir, and neither was I, so I will not suggest anything that happend, JUST the facts and
the results.

Realityck, you need just that, a reality check for yourself. A union that rats on it's own membership, joins up with the AA to help get him fired, for something that he should have never been fired for in the first place, THEN, his very own union DID NOT represent him, it took AMFA to get his job back with back pay. And you guys still want to support the TWU at AA?? Yea, that's the type of representation I would want. Pull you heads out people, the TWU and the company (AA) are always doing what the other wants them to do.
Realityck; your original post about Dan C. started out as, "Oh, your that guy that blah, blah, blah" You have heard this story way back when. And I would be willing to bet you were actually shocked at how Dan C. was treated by the TWU as well as the AA. Bet you were even more shocked when AMFA got him his job back and not the TWU. Pathetic, Pathetic, Pathetic. BTW; It's time for you all to wake up. Fire the TWU!!!

Reactions: 5 people
Well if he was "dumb", then why did Lee Sepresent him and he was re-instated with FULL BACK PAY?

You missed the point TWU informer: Dumb was putting himself in a position to get fired over a T-shirt. It shouldn't have happened, and obviously the arbitrator agreed. I doubt though that Dan was just strolling by, didn't say a word, and then got hit by lightening. Give me a break. That's what was dumb and if you can't see that, you make a perfect couple.

SWAMT: You were not there sir, and neither was I, so I will not suggest anything that happend, JUST the facts and the results.

For someone who wasn’t there (your words) you certainly come up with a lot of details as to what happened. You must have worked very hard pumping yourself up with the AMFA sunshine. If you’re really a Southwest AMT as your logo suggests (which I’m beginning to doubt) your co-workers have my sympathy. I have a lot of respect for SWA AMT’s but there’s always an exception to the rule.

Let me try to explain it one more time – “Dumb was putting himself in a position to get fired over a T-shirt” Can you hear me now?

It was an eye opener. All M&R related should have been there. All questions were answered. No questions were considered out of line and not worthy of an answer. Glad I atteneded. Will also attend the one in Tulsa.
Thanks UG1, let's make sure eveyone knows about the meeting. Even if you signed a card, the info from the UAL mechanics about the IBT, and the Southwest airline mechanics about AMFA is priceless.

Reactions: 2 people
odie01 Font size is to big, and HSS says your pecker is to short,,,,,,,fix it

Now that was an intelligent response. Did you graduate from Harvard too?

Reactions: 3 people

The fact is you didn't listen to us you voted yes, we said keep voting no until they come up with something that's acceptable. Even if we had voted in the 2010 TA we would still be near the bottom. Who knows if we had settled then maybe USAir would have struck a deal that put them ahead of us. You make your decisions based on the info available at the time. The reason why we got screwed is because after rejection the Interational would not push for a release. Instead they drug things out in fact the date wheat was finally determined that they would ask was the day after they filed . Guess who picked that date? 514. The pilots rejected their contract in 1997 and asked to be released, they were, then they went to a PEB where they didn't go to the bottom of the industry like us, they even cme out of the 2003 BK and stayed at the top until six months into AAs Bk. If the International had pushed hard for a release back in 2010 after the membership rejected the TA more than likely we too would have ended up in a PEB. We would have went in with the lowest sick time, vaction holidays etc.

So you can try and spin things around but to me the ATD did everything they could to drag things out and punish the members for rejecting the TA. We rejected the TA in August of 2010 after 3 years of negotiations and over a year of mediation , we should have been demanding a release immediately following the vote count. Thats how pretty much every other union does it.

Reactions: 4 people