STRIKE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Traderjake, you do not need to shout. If there is a strike the airline will likely permanently shut down. The company is broke and it may be time for all of us to move on.[BR][BR]Chip

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/22/2003 10:51:02 PM chipmunn wrote:

Traderjake, you do not need to shout. If there is a strike the airline will likely permanently shut down. The company is broke and it may be time for all of us to move on.

Chip
----------------
[/blockquote]
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Chip, you are not the same person you were just a few short weeks ago writing on these boards. You and every pilot on here writing this crap reads like spoiled little children. Rationality is out the window, this is no different than taking your ball home and ruining the game for everybody. Yes this airline is broke, and so is every pilot who acts and thinks like you are doing. Stop look and listen to yourselves!

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/22/2003 10:51:02 PM chipmunn wrote:
[P]Traderjake, you do not need to shout. If there is a strike the airline will likely permanently shut down. The company is broke and it may be time for all of us to move on.[BR][BR]Chip[/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]Is someone else posting under this name? This sure isnt the same rhetoric I was seeing about 2 weeks ago. Maybe its time for [STRONG]SOME [/STRONG]of us to move on. If you have something lined up, please seriously consider it and let the rest of us continue on.

----------------
On 1/22/2003 10:45:24 PM chipmunn wrote:

N628AU:

I'm to tired with all that's occurred to write a detailed response, but I now believe the airline is "toast". I have to look out for my family and we are evaluating our options, which I suggest you do as well.

Chip
----------------

Chip and all US pilots,

It is ashamed you are too tired to save the company that you once cared a great deal about. The pension issue is not a new issue and I am frustrated by the pilots group childish sandbox reaction. Instead of recognizing that there is an issue that must be overcome and working with the company to come up with a viable alternative to sustain the company, "the pilots" have chosen to destroy the lives of the many men and women that rely on this company to support their families. We have all given a great deal and the pension issue is a sacrifice but no more than we asked the CWA, fleet IAM and Management to give up years ago.

The company is willing to provide the same amount of funding over a 30 year period regardless of the program. Why can't the pilot group work with the company to come up with viable alternative within that framework.

Remember Chip (in your words, although not verbatim) your better off to have a company around to provide medical and a source of income while you seek new employment. However don't be selfish and destroy the livelihood of others for the sake of ill conceived principles, US Airways is your company and the 30,000 plus other employees and their families. I am asking you and your fellow pilots to do the right thing keep US alive and stay and fly with US Airways or seek alternative employment but don't destroy the company as you final stand.

I am hopeful you and your fellow pilots will choose to work on a solution within the outlined framework.

Good luck to us all.

Why would a pilot over 50 take action to close the company down, and thereby gurantee himself no pension other than the pbgc, when the company is offering something in pension benefits if it can survive?

I worked at U for 17 years, left a couple of months after 9/11.Had to go out into the big bad world and get a real job.Really missed U UNTIL READING THE CURRENT GARBAGE ON THESE POSTS.Divide and Conquer seems to be working very well at USAIRWAYS.Its sad that the pilots may lose their pension,lost mine at U in the 90's.Everbody has had pain at this airline.If you dont like your situation QUIT! join me on the outside,its not as fun,and boy do I miss non-revenue travel,but you have to feed your family.I really enjoy my new income and benefits,but miss the dynamics of working for a airline.I hope all my old compadres at U SURVIVE AND PROSPER!STOP ATTACKING EACH OTHER AND WORK TOGETHER!I did not appreciate what I HAD UNTIL I WAS ON THE OUTSIDE!GOODLUCK TO ALL OF YOU!FLY SAFE!

[BR][BR]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/22/2003 9:23:10 PM hopethingswillbeok wrote: [BR][BR]I remember the strike with the mechanics, but Many Good Guys and Gals kept the airline running at fifty percent, Let the Old Dudes play their games, probably by now they have either other income from a Company they own or know they will receive some kind of retirement to keep them living well.....But I would say there is too many Good old Guys and Gals that will keep US flying....God Bless You All......Just remember the Great King Said, Why can't we all get along, But was it Martin or Rodney.......[BR]'----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE][BR][BR][STRONG][EM][FONT face="Comic Sans MS"]i sadly recount your statement when we mechanics stood up for our beliefs and our fellow trade unionists sucked up to the company and helped them through it...you want my help and sympathy now,my friend-(edited by moderator). [/FONT][/EM][/STRONG]

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/22/2003 4:44:10 PM av8orwife wrote:
[P]Who comes up with this stuff. What would be the point of a strike??? To have the Company file Chapter 7? If the company goes Chapter 7 then the pension goes to the minimum under the Pension Guarantee Fund and you have no job. [BR][BR]If the company terminates the plan (which most likely will happen unless there is some act of God or Congress) then it pretty much goes to the minimum and you still have a job. [BR][BR]A job is better than no job in today's market place. And for us a F/O on Reserve is still better off than unemployed. Start over at age 50 is much harder than at age 25. So the Pilots are not stupid. Frustrated, Angry, Disenchanted, but not stupid.[BR][BR]Please stop these stupid Rumors.[BR][BR]KJB[BR][BR][BR]What color is the sky in your world???[/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]do you call his boss when they chastise him?do you call when he needs a raise?hah hah hah....you remind me of the happy roman...glad e ator

---------------------
On 1/22/2003 11:23:23 PM tadjr wrote:

[/P]Is someone else posting under this name? This sure isnt the same rhetoric I was seeing about 2 weeks ago. Maybe its time for [STRONG]SOME [/STRONG]of us to move on. If you have something lined up, please seriously consider it and let the rest of us continue on.
--------------------

It's the same Chip, just the ball is in a different court. Don't worry. It's just posturing to minimize the compromise that will be required on the new REDUCED pension. I don't blame him for being upset or for looking to achieve the best pension possible. Just wish the rest of the employees could work at a LIVABLE WAGE.

WHEREAS The company is not profitable.

WHEREAS The government will not change the law just to benefit the wealthy pilots.

WHEREAS The pilot's costly pension is too expensive for the company.

WHEREAS The pilot pension will be reduced to a 'reasonable ' level.

WHEREAS Indications amongst pilots in PIT favor strong opposition to the extremist's movement and understand what has to be done and why.

WHEREAS There will be no strike or work interruptions.

WHEREAS Hard line extremist "promoting" or involved in illegal job actions will be fired and replaced with junior and more appreciative pilots.

WHEREAS If you don't like it then 'quit'.

WHEREAS The extremists can go start all over in their lives and make allot less money, but have the satisfaction knowing they stood up to the man.

seriously biff..............where do you come up with some of your conspiracy theories? I wonder where this "underground" flight school is. i'll admit one thing, you are pretty funny.[BR][BR]-fatburger-

Cavalier: Like Chip, no pilot is the same as he was a few weeks ago. You get it!!! No pension, no airline. Shut it down. Retraining any furloughed guys, or scabs will take four to six weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.