Sunshine.....

May 19, 2003
Visit site
The following was just emailed to a friend in Consumer affairs. Even with all the news you guys just keep proving you are the best. My thanks to a great crew......

As I write this letter to you I am sitting on flight 98 from SJU/PHL. Well it is not actually a flight yet, as we have been back at the gate for almost three hours due to a mechanical.

With all the difficult news that is in the press now, I felt compelled to send you this little note to brighten your day. The performance of the crew on Flight 98 is the reason I still fly US Airways. As we both know, taking this kind of delay is hard on both customers and the crew. Tempers usually show up an hour or two into these types of delays, but as we sit here three hours later the customers and crew alike are laughing and generally making the best on a bad situation. I just wanted you to know that this crew has been exceptional.

The gate agents immediately started working to get people on the CLT flight that was supposed to leave at 3:15. The crew on board not only kept us informed but they immediately started to service the cabin with drinks and came through the cabin to make sure we were all comfortable. The IFE was turned on so we could entertain ourselves, and I saw just about every crew member having a conversation with one of the customers on board. About a half hour ago, those with out checked bags were given the opportunity to jump to AA. A crew member came through the cabin and asked every customer individually if they would like to bump over to AA and the procedure to do so was explained to each person.

xxx, I know things are tough this weekend, and I thought a little good news might brighten your day. I have to tell you the crew on this flight was as good at handling this situation as humanly possible. I have not heard one cross word from a passenger the entire three hours. Please make sure these individuals are recognized in some special way.

Their names are as follows

Captain Richard F.
First Officer Valerie W.
AFA Carol G.
BFA William C.
CFA Mary P-C.
DFA Andria P.
EFA Kim A.
FFA Greg B.
GFA L A D’A.
HFA David A.
IFA Lucia B.

Even on the darkest day there is a little sunshine some where.

Must be the law of averages. I can't remember taking a mechanical delay this year and now two in two days. I'm now an hour into the second one. I wonder if I'm ever going to get home. :blink: