SWA should be hiring again

swamt: Could you give a brief on what your heavy line does and as it would appear could confirm a 90 man headcount ?

swamt: Could you give a brief on what your heavy line does and as it would appear could confirm a 90 man headcount ?

The structures lines of maint (heavy) will do anything from 6-24Y checks. Some are Full open up, and some are just done in sections. The 90 I mentioned before is also including some head count being added to all our back shops to help support the 4th line of maint. Plus SWA will have to fill some supervisor positions, along with 4-6 lead mechs, a number of inspectors, and more than likely yet another manager. It was basically a number including all head count.

Good to hear. Keep them coming. We would love to have them.
Forgive me, but what is OSM's? And why the rush over to Vought?
Keep them coming. At least they won't have to uproot their families. Again, good luck brothers...
OSM =Overhaul Support Mechanic. They primarily work in back shops such as slide, coffee maker, interior, galley etc. Many are unlicensed and some are not. Top out around 22/hr. As I understand it Vought was starting around 24/hr. So it was a raise for those folks.