SWA should be hiring again

Guys, way to go! There is life after AA. I know that because there was life after Texaco. I'm on my 5th career. When I was profoundly unhappy at Texaco, my late wife said, "Well, quit the sobs and do something else." I said, "I can't walk away from that kind of money. That would be irresponsible." She said, "Sure you can. We haven't starved yet and we won't starve in the future. Life is too short to work where you are not happy." (Did I mention that she loved her job and was wildly good at it?)

So, I quit Texaco. Worked as a self-employed consultant for a few years. Made good money at it (better than at Texaco), then after a few years got bored with that, and went to work for AA in 2000. Thank goodness I don't have to depend upon what we make as flight attendants to live. I enjoy the job, and I'm good at it. But, I will leave it probably later this year either through layoff or retirement (or both...I finally got my 10 years on the payroll in January; so, I'm eligible for retiree benefits (assuming they survive the bk process) as well as a pension.

If a steady job with a company that doesn't lie to you (think WN) comes along, take it and never look back. Good Luck!

Reactions: 1 person
Wow, tommorrow is my 22nd anniversary at AA. Today I filled out my resume and uploaded it to Southwest.com, strange but it felt good. It felt right. 22 years at AA the last 18 at AFW. I`m ready to move on.
Good luck to you, hope it works out!!!

Uncalled for. Piss off barfbag. I`m an airplane guy, it`s what I do.

Yeah I don't know what that comment was about we all have stayed in this industry (seniority tends to do that) I was forced to the street in 2005 after 17 yrs with NW in 2005. So I had to start over. Doing better than ever and making 100k now at FX but I was forced out I would have never left with all that seniority on my own. Best of luck to you AA guys hate to say it but I have been where you are now.

Does Southwest have any facility mechanics?

Yes we do have facilities mx. They work on general building mx along with building and maintaining stands, lifts, ect. I also believe they will be covered under amfa starting the next contract

Yes we do have facilities mx. They work on general building mx along with building and maintaining stands, lifts, ect. I also believe they will be covered under amfa starting the next contract

Thanks, do you know what cities and if they are hiring?

"Facilitys" and "GSE" one in the same at WN?? Clarifications sake...

Lockheed is hiring scabs...
http://blogs.star-telegram.com/sky_talk/2012/05/lockheed-martin-to-bring-in-temporary-replacement-workers.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Lockheed is hiring scabs...
http://blogs.star-telegram.com/sky_talk/2012/05/lockheed-martin-to-bring-in-temporary-replacement-workers.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Make a statement...stand a stand my man..buy Union not Walmart...enough already.

2 more AFW AMTs turned in 2 weeks notice. Picked up by Southwest! Good luck guys

Reactions: 3 people
2 more AFW AMTs turned in 2 weeks notice. Picked up by Southwest! Good luck guys

Outstanding. Good to hear. Hope it is done with out any employment gaps. Keep applying guys. Hopefully none of you guys will have to relocate. Good luck guys and remember, 5 or more per month until 90 or more are hired for the 4th line starting in July 2013. Keep posting on the AA guys coming over to SWA.

Outstanding. Good to hear. Hope it is done with out any employment gaps. Keep applying guys. Hopefully none of you guys will have to relocate. Good luck guys and remember, 5 or more per month until 90 or more are hired for the 4th line starting in July 2013. Keep posting on the AA guys coming over to SWA.
As of last night I know of 7 AFW AMTs that have been hired by Southwest. 1 had 20+ years at AA. The others are all 7-15 year guys. That is on top of the 40+OSMs that left for Vought.

As of last night I know of 7 AFW AMTs that have been hired by Southwest. 1 had 20+ years at AA. The others are all 7-15 year guys. That is on top of the 40+OSMs that left for Vought.

Good to hear. Keep them coming. We would love to have them.
Forgive me, but what is OSM's? And why the rush over to Vought?
Keep them coming. At least they won't have to uproot their families. Again, good luck brothers...