Sw's Master Strategy

Nice back tracking..Got any more lame predictions ?
Wow...I guess it's a given....LCC hasn't failed after a couple of months. Congratulations. Wanna see what happens after a year or two has passed? Of course, that all depends on how well Delta and Northwest are able to put together their "competition strategy".

Wow...I guess it's a given....LCC hasn't failed after a couple of months. Congratulations. Wanna see what happens after a year or two has passed? Of course, that all depends on how well Delta and Northwest are able to put together their "competition strategy".
Careful Now, That Hole you're digging is getting Deeper...
:lol:

Careful Now, That Hole you're digging is getting Deeper...
:lol:
What hole...where did I say a merged US/AWA would enter bankruptcy in 2 months? Although a quick read of the LCC 10q was really eye-opening. Boy, did they screw you guys to "get competitive". Yet operational costs went UP...

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought you stated, "I believe the two airlines that shut down will be AWA and US"...

I think you need to trade in your shovel for a backhoe.. :lol:

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought you stated, "I believe the two airlines that shut down will be AWA and US"...

I think you need to trade in your shovel for a backhoe.. :lol:

Nope...I said that prior to this merger, I thought the two that would shut down would be UAL and US. But if it goes thru, I'd expect the "two" airlines to fail will be US and (the no longer existant AWA). In other words, I felt (and still feel) that AWA signed their death warrant along with this merger agreement.

Nope...I said that prior to this merger, I thought the two that would shut down would be UAL and US. But if it goes thru, I'd expect the "two" airlines to fail will be US and (the no longer existant AWA). In other words, I felt (and still feel) that AWA signed their death warrant along with this merger agreement.
So, What exactly do you mean by "death warrant" ??

So, What exactly do you mean by "death warrant" ??
AWA (now LCC) will find that it would have been better to let U fail, cherry pick the employees and routes and hubs and other assets, that it will be to integrate a very senior US workforce into a relatively junior AWA workforce, and that all that $$$ that's there to "save" US is a bunch of LOANS that will need to be repaid. And the last AWA annual report showed that they had some concerns about the debt they already had on the books. And as I said...labor costs dropped 35%...operational costs were still UP 1.6%. What will that senior US workforce do when AWA management comes knocking on the door for what will be your FOURTH round of concessions? Won't be pretty. Fortunatly though, AWA exists no more (other than a paint scheme), so in essence they've already failed. How long before the "new U" follows suit?

AWA (now LCC) will find that it would have been better to let U fail, cherry pick the employees and routes and hubs and other assets, that it will be to integrate a very senior US workforce into a relatively junior AWA workforce, and that all that $$$ that's there to "save" US is a bunch of LOANS that will need to be repaid.

KC:

Debt is already being retired.

Everyone has increased costs, including LUV.

The synergies, including but not limited to merged ops and realigned route structure will lower costs.

The bottom line is that the airline has merged in name only, and the real savings will take 12 to 18 months to be fully realized. The conjecture and random doomsday prediction is puzzling.

This is not the first senior/junior pairing in airline history. U will not have more than a handful of pilots on the list by the time the last A-350 hits the pavement. AWA pilots will inherit a long career of Intl. flying.

If you're with AWA and younger than 45, things look pretty darn good.

AWA (now LCC) will find that it would have been better to let U fail, cherry pick the employees and routes and hubs and other assets, that it will be to integrate a very senior US workforce into a relatively junior AWA workforce, and that all that $$$ that's there to "save" US is a bunch of LOANS that will need to be repaid. And the last AWA annual report showed that they had some concerns about the debt they already had on the books. And as I said...labor costs dropped 35%...operational costs were still UP 1.6%. What will that senior US workforce do when AWA management comes knocking on the door for what will be your FOURTH round of concessions? Won't be pretty. Fortunatly though, AWA exists no more (other than a paint scheme), so in essence they've already failed. How long before the "new U" follows suit?
Tell me more about another round of concessions, The company is no longer in bankrupcy, They no longer have a bankrupcy judge to run to.

What will the senior work force do ? They will continue to Retire.. You know, given some time, EVERY work force will become senior. Every day that goes by, You're senior work force B.S. is becoming less and less of an issue..

In you're screwed up scenario of "cherry picking", How would AWA be able to compete with all the other airlines that also wanted a piece of the old Usairways ?

In essence, The only thing that has failed was your self-serving prediction that Usairways will cease to exist.

[quote name='I'mRayFlyMe' post='272756' date='May 25 2005, 12:19 AM']It's highly unlikely they're going to pass the baton to a "doofus" (correct spelling, BTW)[/quote]Actually, Both spellings are correct and list in the dictionary ;)

In addition to the fuel hedges, the 104 aircraft coming in the next 2 years will help to keep the unit costs down. Each aircraft requires that WN hire people to staff those planes. The people they hire, gate agents, mech's, pilots, FA's, etc, will all be hired at entry level pay and benny's. As employees gain more senority and get more expensive to the company, WN continues to expand and hire more entry level employees to offset that unit cost increase. This has been a great strategy for them, but somewhere down the line it's going to slow and unit cost will go up. WN has done a good job so far, but the industy is cylical and the top dogs don't stay on top for ever.

It appears that SW is deploying all those a/c all over the place with almost 100 new flights announced on 1 day. That is amazing! Anyone know of 1 day that this many new flights announced. MDW and PHX will join LAS in the 200+ flights-a-day club. PHX only got the 4 flights to DEN. LAS added OKC and PVD as well as DEN. WOW!!!!!!!!!